Closed Thread

Thread: RETIRED - Oath of Fealty - Sir Narsor Gomer of Thane of the Galatians

Narsor Gomer is offline Thane of the Galatians Esteemed Guest

Default RETIRED - Oath of Fealty - Sir Narsor Gomer of Thane of the Galatians

Before all who stand within these Cathedral walls, I, Narsor Gomer, Thane of the Galatians, by the Light of Soldeus, hereby swear fealty and do homage to His Majesty, Manus Dei, the King of Wessex.

I swear to uphold the Common Law of Wessex, to abide by the decisions of the King, his cabinet and Laws or Decrees issued by the Crown. I swear to fight our enemies to the death if they attempt to lay disgrace or siege upon any part of the Kingdom.

I pledge to pay in tribute one third of the resources and gold that His Majesty, King Manus of Wessex, expects from his own subjects and shall train and equip a suitable garrison to defend the Kingdom of Wessex and to inculcate in my people the culture of Wessex and the love of Soldeus.

If I, or my sons or their successors, do not observe to His Majesty, the King of Wessex, or to His successors, each and all of the things declared above, we wish that our title be returned to His Majesty or His successors.

By Soldeus’ name, before whom this Cathedral is holy, I will to His Majesty be true and faithful, and love all which he loves and shun all which he shuns, according to the laws of Soldeus. Nor will I ever with will or action, through word or deed, do anything which is unpleasing to him, on condition that he will hold to me as I shall deserve it, and that he will perform everything as it was in our agreement when I submitted myself to him and chose his will.

Narsor kneels before the eyes of King Manus and after a short silence proclaims, "I become your liege man."
    Last edited by Narsor Gomer; 07-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Let it be known that His Grace, Manus Dei I, Duke of Wessex, accepts this pledge of fealty from Sir Narsor Gomer.

Sir Rhygar hands the kneeling man a scroll that reads,

"Know therefore that whensoever these our letters shall come unto you that we have received Sir Narsor Gomer unto our grace and favor. Wherefore, whosoever within the bounds of our territories shall be willing to give him aid, as our vassal and liegeman, let him be assured of our favor and license on that behalf."

Default Let It Hereby Be Duly Recorded

By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath to be given in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon the His Majesty the King, upon the Noble Sir Narsor Gomer, Thane of the Galatians, and upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

Levald Aurelius
    Herald Emcee

of the College of Arms
    of the Duchy of Wessex

Last edited by Sir Levald Aurelius; 10-20-2011 at 02:45 PM.

The College of Arms of Wessex gives true report and witness that the Curia Ducis has found that the departing Thane of the Galatians, Sir Narsor Gomer, did honourably discharge and faithfully fulfill the duties of that high office, in witness of which I offer on this day my own hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex; that gentleman's leave of absence is also certified to be in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord God grant His Blessings to His Majesty the King's loyal Cabinet and to all His subjects.

Levald Aurelius
    Herald Emcee

of the Royal College of Arms
    of the Kingdom of Wessex
    Last edited by Sir Levald Aurelius; 10-20-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information