Well I deleted the original thread by accident

Objective:
Stage 1. Design an executable program that will serve to store economic information collected by the reeves.

Stage 2. The system will collect information automatically.

Stage 3. The system will perform predictions and provide logistics information.

Those are the three stages that I hope to bring the program through.
The program will be a downloadable windows client that guild members (and hopefully others) can install on their computers. The client will connect to a security systems on a server. The security system will be the middle man between the client and the information database and it will prevent private information from being given to just anyone. This program will be an executable and not a web-application since at stage 2 it must be able to self-collect information. I've provided a diagram to better explain how it works.

The program can be divided into 6 modules.
- Data classes
- Communication Protocol (both unix and windows)
- Security server
- Database
- Win32 GUI
- Engine

It will also have 2 additional modules for the later stages
- Prediction methods and Logistics
- Automated Information Collection

Provided with the project for now are the rough draft blue prints for the Data classes and a simple GUI flow diagram. They are in both picture and DIA format. DIA is a multi-purpose diagram creation tool. It will mostly be used to simply draw UML diagrams and blue prints. You must install GTK to be able to use DIA. DIA and GTK are too large to upload to the system so I will provide them to anyone who feels like contacting me on msn (Norvisssion@hotmail.com) or aim (Thirlan).

For those of you that are interested, here is what I need right now. I need someone that knows c\c++ (with Object oriented design) or knows how to program a database. You have to be able to stay organized and follow the blue prints I create and if possible create blue prints yourself. Further assistance with different aspects will be required later and will be posted at such a time.

p.s. Keep checking the first post of this thread since I will write the updates here rather than make new posts.

Question: "Does the program interface into the darkfall servers and will they consider this to be an illegal program" - Father Merrin

Answer: It doesn't interface into the darkfall servers. It interfaces into the Darkfall client and I hope they don't find it to be a hack. All it would be doing is reading logs/memory addresses. It isn't modifying them. At first the data would be collected manually through the reeves/volunteers and then automatically.

Question: "Can the program be done without actually having DF yet?" -Dafur

Answer: The answer is yes and no. Yes because we can create what we know will be in game and no because we can't perform stages 2 and 3 before we know the program and minor details. Stage 1 is an overall system and deals with solid facts. For starters we know there will be players (duh), each player will have an x,y,z coordinate in the darkfall world. We know there will be clan stones and that they are static. We know that there will be a structure in game called "guilds" and we know there will be money. Based on these simple things, we know that we can try and gather data on guilds, players and their money. That is what stage 1 will accomplish.