Quote Originally Posted by Casilda Tametomo View Post
Guys, I love you, but I just excommunicated all of you.

The Excommunication of the Heretics That Were in Wessex.

Don't worry, it's a "kinder, gentler" excommunication.

And until we take this RP religion party elsewhere, this could kind of wrap it up nicely.
I riposte with quill and parchment.

To Revered Mother Casilda Tametomo,

Reverend Mother, to excommunicate any of the devout, Wessexian or otherwise, without due consideration of their personal connection with Our Father and their countless demonstrations of True Faith, is in itself a work of The Deceiver.

Do you seek to split His Radiance's flock based on the hearsay of the mob? Unless His Grace has held an audience dismissing the canon of Lucius to which no one I seem to know had been sent due invitation, I cannot, in good faith, trust the words that make the claim.

What I can trust is evidence of deeds done in the name of the preservation of His Radiance's loved.

His Grace's own soldiers mounted valiant defenses in the name of Our Lord countless times in the rocky abyss of the North. Though now the former Archbishop of Nave is considered a usurper, I need remind you that some still among those you seek to turn away from the light with a deceptive claim of righteous authority had served with the late Sir Balthasar Drake on the field of battle during the Crusades. If you would seek to trample me under foot in the name of calming a scared herd of reactionary livestock, then I have no choice but to seek out one Malachi Drake, wherever he may be, to set right what was right to begin with.

Do you still stand to damn the dead whom sacrificed life, wealth, and hearth to defend The Holy Church? In doing so you damn those still living to a colder grave than theirs. You cannot truly believe this to be the right course, can you? Assuredly, I take no greater offence. Still, I do not think any less of you or your work and how you have toiled under the rays of His glory. That you would so soon forget those whom once toiled to hold back the pressing darkness of deceit and hatred which sought to shake the very foundations of His Church is alarming.

Do excuse my simple language, Reverend Mother. It has been quite a few months since I've put quill to parchment. I trust that this reaches you in time.

Yours,
Sir Otto Osterwind