Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

The court calls a member of the council of Nave (Wooster or Kora) to please confirm that a fine of 200g has been received from Rhodri Taliesin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaleos Ravenblood View Post
    The amount of gold on one character taken was 25 gold. The armor, weapons all steel, and the bow along with my horse and its armor are well over 25 gold. Not to mention all of the mount tickets that he took.
    Please provide some kind of evidence as to the value of your gear and other items carried at the time. Do so within 48 hours.

EDIT: the payment of the fine to the Colony of Nave has been confirmed.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 08-10-2013 at 02:27 PM.

The court will allow the following reply by a juror to some of the plaintiffs statements as it may give a better insight into the jury's reasoning behind the verdict:

Quote Originally Posted by Azzerhoden Razeri View Post
    I don't know how to say this in legal terms but this is exactly what I was told would happen. Rhodri would be allowed to as he damn well pleased and nothing would be done. The man has killed my character repeatedly. The day I left Mortal Online Wessex was because he blue blocked and killed me. It's down right shameful that eye whitnesses saw him kill me. Gave their view which at the time were in clan. They just in the DF branch. Again the "lower ranked" people are ignored. Otto himself even said that Rhodri needed to be removed from Wessex. Audin validated that and was on the verge of calling the duchy on the phone. The duchy being his cousin. This is the same damn thing that everyone warned me of. "Don't bother saying anything Zaleos, they will make him pay gold and all his other things will be found not guilty because of his cancer and previous actions. I think its disgusting the lack of justice that has been served here. I have been forced to be unable to play the game and have fun with my friends because of his actions yet nothing is done? Even Korah has had complaint after complaint WHEN HE WASNT EVEN IN THE GUILD ANYMORE. I find it humerous how even this court preceeding stopped dead and had to be started up. I no longer have any faith in the Duchy or the hierarchy. NOthing has been done to fix the problems between him and I. NO ONE was around when he was pulling his bullshit during Kreager's time being leader. No one was around when he did this stuff and because I was new to the game and didn't know about screenshots and such his behavior is just acceptable. Oh no Rhodri didn't do anything wrong by killing me several times huh? Nothing wrong at all? Even outside of Bakti recently. He constantly was acting "In Wessex's name" even outside of the clan in Mortal. Pray tell exactly what justice or any of this has been done here? He pays 25 gold..... but still talks shit. Still does what he wants. His Hubris is why the whole server hates WSX but pray tell have any of you spoken to Korah about this? About the things she's had to put up with? Or Kreager? Otto? Nope clearly not. What's the point of this system if it does absolutely nothing. Bravo Rhodri. I paid real life money to help this damn guild and for what? I get treated like shit the entire time in the guild by this guy. Talked to like i'm a piece of shit. He talked to everyone like that. Star was in guild and talked to her like that too. But thats all fine because he has cancer? Because of what he's done? He isn't the only damn one that is fighting something killing him. He get's all this respect from the ABSENT hierarchy. How quaint. Yet he's allowed to remain and do what he wills. I just think its pretty shity how when I talked to the ranked members of this guild I got no where WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING. Now I go this route to end the bullshit and not a damn thing is done. Yeah real incentive to remain and serve. 25 gold....a single run of cougars gets me that. Yet the actual problems don't stop. The shit talking. The killing nothing. Awesome.... *shakes his head*
    Zaleos, Your statements and accusations against these proceedings need to be addressed.

I don't know how to say this in legal terms but this is exactly what I was told would happen. Rhodri would be allowed to as he damn well pleased and nothing would be done. The man has killed my character repeatedly. The day I left Mortal Online Wessex was because he blue blocked and killed me.
    You left Wessex in MO. Rhodri left Wessex in MO. You are both playing a PvP game. How is his repeated killing of you a Duchy of Wessex problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaleos Ravenblood
    It's down right shameful that eye whitnesses saw him kill me. Gave their view which at the time were in clan. They just in the DF branch. Again the "lower ranked" people are ignored.
    If the lower ranks were ignored, then this would never have been brought up in a trial. Further, I am not an officer. A Yeoman is "lower ranked". A Chamberlain is just a job I fulfill. Also, it does not matter which game a Duchy member is playing.

Otto himself even said that Rhodri needed to be removed from Wessex. Audin validated that and was on the verge of calling the duchy on the phone. The duchy being his cousin.
    Otto is an officer, and could bring charges against Rhodri should he witness a crime. Further, he could have testified to the events. Both you and Rhodri claim that Sir Otto has evidence to support your side in these proceedings, yet when given the chance to testify, he choose to not do so. So is the Jury to then decide that one of you know his mind better than the other?

Finally, you do realize that Audin was on the Jury, right?

This is the same damn thing that everyone warned me of. "Don't bother saying anything Zaleos, they will make him pay gold and all his other things will be found not guilty because of his cancer and previous actions. I think its disgusting the lack of justice that has been served here. I have been forced to be unable to play the game and have fun with my friends because of his actions yet nothing is done?
    Rhodri's real world health has no bearing on any of this, nor did it generate any sympathy. They Jury had a job to do, which was to focus on the facts, of which there was damn little of. Instead we heard from people who clearly don't like Rhodri, tell us what a douche bag he is. Being a douche bag is not crime, though it certainly doesn't represent what the Douchy is all about. Fortunately for you, you and your friends can deal with this IN GAME but killing him over and over again without repercussions since none of you are wearing the Duchy tags. That's what we do in Darkfall when we will someone from a hostile clan is being a jerk. They get called to be primary, over and over again.

Even Korah has had complaint after complaint WHEN HE WASNT EVEN IN THE GUILD ANYMORE.
    I have nothing but respect for Kora and the work she is doing. If Rhodri is interfering with the work of the OFFICIAL DUCHY in Mortal Online, then she needs to bring charges here, because that WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Let me be clear on this. Rhodri - if you are going around telling folks that you, in any way, shape, or form, represent the Duchy of Wessex in MO while not carrying the tags, then you need to stop. You have to wear the tags to represent. Nor can you start a new clan and claim to be the official Duchy of Wessex. His Majesty granted you the right to reestablish and represent the Duchy in MO, but that expired when you left. You can of course, petition His Majesty to start a new chapter in MO, or ask Kora to let you back in.

I find it humerous how even this court preceeding stopped dead and had to be started up.
    Really? Because I found it to be extremely irritating. I also have a life that involves work and game time.
    I no longer have any faith in the Duchy or the hierarchy. NOthing has been done to fix the problems between him and I. NO ONE was around when he was pulling his bullshit during Kreager's time being leader. No one was around when he did this stuff and because I was new to the game and didn't know about screenshots and such his behavior is just acceptable. Oh no Rhodri didn't do anything wrong by killing me several times huh? Nothing wrong at all? Even outside of Bakti recently. He constantly was acting "In Wessex's name" even outside of the clan in Mortal. Pray tell exactly what justice or any of this has been done here? He pays 25 gold..... but still talks shit. Still does what he wants. His Hubris is why the whole server hates WSX but pray tell have any of you spoken to Korah about this? About the things she's had to put up with? Or Kreager? Otto? Nope clearly not.
    I already addressed some of this, but he paid 225 gold, not 25, and you have a chance to demonstrate that you should receive more than 25 gold. Should it be 250,000 gold? What should it be Zelous? What value does "stuff" have? As the victim of a crime (and yes, we did convict Rhodri, so you are officially a victim), you have to help the court determine the value of the lost items.

As for constantly getting killed by Rhodri and everyone hating him, then it should be no problem finding a bunch of people to gang bang him. Hire someone to do it. Seriously, stop being bullied. We cannot make Rhodri like you, nor more than we can stop him from being an ass.

What's the point of this system if it does absolutely nothing. Bravo Rhodri. I paid real life money to help this damn guild and for what? I get treated like shit the entire time in the guild by this guy. Talked to like i'm a piece of shit. He talked to everyone like that. Star was in guild and talked to her like that too. But thats all fine because he has cancer? Because of what he's done? He isn't the only damn one that is fighting something killing him. He get's all this respect from the ABSENT hierarchy. How quaint. Yet he's allowed to remain and do what he wills. I just think its pretty shity how when I talked to the ranked members of this guild I got no where WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING. Now I go this route to end the bullshit and not a damn thing is done. Yeah real incentive to remain and serve. 25 gold....a single run of cougars gets me that. Yet the actual problems don't stop. The shit talking. The killing nothing. Awesome.... *shakes his head*
    If you are that unhappy with the guild, or the game, then why participate in it? Why subject yourself to the abuse you feel you are suffering?

The members of the Duchy in Darkfall got fed up with the leadership and direction of Imperium, and left. If I get fed up with the game, I'll leave. If I get fed up with the Duchy, I will leave. If I feel that some piece of shit ass-hat of a player is picking on me in a game, I will do whatever it takes in game to put a stop to it. If I am no longer having fun playing a game, then I will stop playing.

You are fully empowered by the game developers to deal with his harassment in game. Go make it happen.
    A clarification that I will make here though, is that the Colony of Nave and its governor are free to dismiss anyone that is considered insubordinate or to be misbehaving. That person can then, if he finds the decision unjust, appeal to royal justice.

Evidence such as what? It's common knowledge in that game what those items are worth. It was 25gold in coinage that was deleted by Rhodri. The rest of the gear was not included in that number of the money.

Evidence such as what? It's common knowledge in that game what those items are worth. It was 25gold in coinage that was deleted by Rhodri. The rest of the gear was not included in that number of the money.
    Evidence that proves that you were carrying other gear such as steel. Once it has been established that you carried a certain item, the court can get an estimate of its worth from the MO players.

Did anyone see you wear a certain type of gear before handing it over? If so call them as a witness to testify.

If you were a garrison enlist or a member of an organized militia at the time of the events, you could call a garrison officer to testify regarding what the standard gear at the time was and it's value.

Reply within 24 hours.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 08-12-2013 at 10:40 AM.

It was the gear we all had at the time. Thursar/Kallards had steel greatsword. Lower tiered PvP armor. 115 bow and the horse gear is a static price on the vendors. There are no more garrison members. Actually I would like to Call Otto for his knowledge of standard PvP gear at the time of these events.
    The court summons Sir Otto Osterwind. Please reply to indicate that you are present.

As for the plaintiff's other petitions, they have to be done separately from this assize, since the actual trial phase is over, and establishing the value of items to be compensated is all that is left to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Altus Whyte View Post
    The court summons Sir Otto Osterwind. Please reply to indicate that you are present.

As for the plaintiff's other petitions, they have to be done separately from this assize, since the actual trial phase is over, and establishing the value of items to be compensated is all that is left to do here.
    I am still present.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Osterwind
    It was a long time ago now of course. There was no standardized set of equipment short of what people felt was good for their style of play. For instance I wore heavy sets of Messing/Steel with Incisium and Ironsilk as a secondary to protect my extremities. Zaleos would have most likely been wearing Platescale at the time, perhaps a set that I had made him with silk as a secondary. A single set of such varied greatly on the price of the materials; I usually charged a fee somewhere between 8 gold and 15 gold (for higher end using IS).

A standard weapon would be a steel spear/polesword/great sword with either a wooden handle or incisium guard with ironsilk or scale binding. The steel sword with wooden handle would easily cost 12-15 gold at market value and the incisium/IS handle version maybe a bit above that.

Those with better memory on the fluctuating value of resources, especially at such a turbulent time with the political alliances forming, should be free to challenge the claim.

The average horse value fluctuated based on the statistics of the horse. Rather; there was no such thing as the average horse. There were good horses and bad horses. In the Meduli area a horse can run you 4 to 12 gold on the market. Frankly, in Wessex anyway, horses were handed out frequently by everyone at no cost or minimal cost. I remember getting quite a few horses for free during the busy times; in kind I would reduce the fees for high value armor.

The average fighter in Meduli was recommended to take up Mounted Archery at first as it was crucial to have the large force capable of steady DPS and focus firing. I was hard headed and stuck to my ways with mounted combat and it worked well enough as long as there were no more than two of us trying to swing. Unfortunately my knowledge of bows is not sufficient in terms of what was best for use at the time and how much such a bow would cost.
    Based on this testimony it is reasonable believe that the armor and weapon had a value of 25 gold, and that the plaintiff also had a bow. With a decent bow costing about 5 gold, the total amount would be 30 gold.

The plaintiff may present further evidence to dispute the value of the bow or prove that additional property other than the combat gear was destroyed.

Reply within 24 hours.

That would mean the total amount of gold owed me is 25gold from the actual coin. and the gear amout of 30g It is about 3 gold for the horse armor I had. The blinders and horse shoes are not needed to be paid for. Are we also doing the amounts for the other characters that were slain? My tamer and my dex fighter?

The defendant only estimated the value of your property to be 25 gold in total. With the testimony of Sir Otto that value can be raised to 30 gold.

No guilt of any robbery or murder of other characters was found, only liability for the items that you gave to him for safekeeping.

How comes you were carrying around horse armor at the time?

It was on the horse he killed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information