Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

The defendant's witness Sir Otto Osterwind has not appeared before the court as summoned.

Defendant, do you consider this witness's testimony as crucial to your case?

If not, we can proceed to the closing arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Altus Whyte View Post
    The defendant's witness Sir Otto Osterwind has not appeared before the court as summoned.

Defendant, do you consider this witness's testimony as crucial to your case?

If not, we can proceed to the closing arguments.
    I believe Otto's testimony wasn't complete the first time around and so should be taken again, also I spoke to Sir Otto, he confirmed his testimony was submitted to the thread.

Sir Otto did send the following message

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Osterwind
    Right yes,

Sir Rhodri Taliesin, where to begin..

No doubt he's been troublesome early on with being a bit of a talker and garnering attention to himself, but it is also certain in my mind that he has done good things for Wessex. He furnished several thousand gold worth of assets, materials, gear, whatever else have you to Wessex with no need for return on his investment. He devotes large amounts of time to Wessex and its maintenance in his mainstay that is Mortal Online. Rhodri has even paid for subscriptions of fellow Wessexians without asking for a return there, either. He's a good fighter, an honorable person, and he as far as people in Wessex he tries his best to get them what they need.
    Since the defendant has requested Sir Otto as a witness he still has to appear before this court though, even if only to state that the message is all he has to say.

The message doesn't provide the recounting of events that the witness was called to give, however if the defendant is content with it and wishes to move on, the defendant is allowed to waive this witness subpoena.

Quote Originally Posted by Altus Whyte View Post
    Sir Otto did send the following message

Since the defendant has requested Sir Otto as a witness he still has to appear before this court though, even if only to state that the message is all he has to say.

The message doesn't provide the recounting of events that the witness was called to give, however if the defendant is content with it and wishes to move on, the defendant is allowed to waive this witness subpoena.
    Sir Otto has spoken his piece on the matter if not available to appear before the court I think it is enough that he could send the message.

We now proceed to the closing arguments. Both parties will make a closing statement after which the jury will assess the evidence and reach a verdict.

The plaintiff may now go ahead and make his closing arguments or rebuttal. Do so within 24 hours.

With the evidence I have shown and the testimonies of many of the people associated with and within the ranks of Wessex. I believe that Rhodri should be accountable and removed from the ranks of Wessex. He most certainly has served well in the past but that does not excuse him from proper actions and being accountable for what he does now. He has continually caused issues and made it impossible for Wessex as a whole to progress in Mortal Online. I don't feel that the testimonies I put as evidence are lying in what they say or fall short of being correct. Even Korah has deemed it impossible due to his actions. Something has to be done. He acts as if he IS Wessex and it is unbecoming of us all. Causes problems for us all. His constant drama and problems caused me to take a leave of absence from the Mortal branch until this is settled to ease tensions. People of the Jury I ask that you do what is right by our laws and punish this man to the fullest extent of our Dukes laws. We as a guild can no longer function due to our attachment and association with him. Otto may have complimented Rhodri but he also previously stated as shown above his thoughts as well. Many did who are not even in Wessex. We have our laws for a reason. It is terrible that the rare occasion of when someone brings something to the courts they have taken this long. There has been issues but we have these laws and this court system to handle these issues. It is high time he is held accountable. I thank you and I hope this ends the tensions so I might return back to Wessex in Mortal Online where I call home.

The defendant can now proceed with his closing argument. Do so within 24 hours.

It appears posts in this thread might have been invisible to the parties due to forum configuration. If this is the case and the plaintiff wishes to address something previously unseen within this thread, the plaintiff may add a second rebuttal in regards to posts previously unseen as an amendment to his closing argument.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 07-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kora Havion View Post
    I would like to add please that although is is the intended way for it to be, it is a very common bug that you are able to see players as it happens to me quite often.

Perhaps you are referring to where this bug occurs near a priest NPC, or how you can see a player's horse with the owners name displayed, of which neither are true at the time in question

As far as a closing statement goes, I have served the Duchy faithfully for a a long time now. I have fought her enemies and have maintained a fierce loyalty to both Manus and Wessex despite the many friends of mine that have long since left Wessex. The worst part of this entire assize is having to witness how far a man may go just to slander another man's name and reputation.

Let it be known to all that while I am far from perfect, I still have given everything in the name of Wessex. Every drop of blood, sweat, and tears, every coin and every resource given so that she can shine gloriously once more.

Sadly to this day Zaleos of his own choice has run about with another guild in Mortal, No one has forced his hand and he is certainly capable of dropping his aggressive and hateful behavior to further the cause of the Duchy, alas this was not his choice.

Furthermore it can be plainly seen that the Plaintiff has provided no true evidence or even testimonies to the credibility of his argument against me. At the very best his statements and the statements of his witness can be summarized as a "character bash", it can even be noted that one of his "witnesses" did confirm that Plaintiff sent his pet wolf to attack me first. I have provided evidence showing that his statements and story have changed and have had several errors and discrepancies.

At what point does it become apparent that this account charging me with criminal action, begin to look like fables and stories not based on any true facts but one what the Plaintiff only BELIEVES to have happened?

The Duchy of Wessex shall be long lived and whether I am branded or unbranded with her mark, whether I am honored or exiled, I will always work towards her advancement. Because my loyalties lay with Wessex first and foremost.

Sheriff Altus, before the jury convenes (assuming the testimony and closing arguments are completed), can you post the details as to the criminal law decrees 1, 3, and 4 please?
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Yes, I will post the jury instructions as soon as I find a replacement for juror Audin Cardew, who has gone missing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information