Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

The defendant seems to be back now. Sir Rhodri Talesin may go ahead and call witnesses to give testimony to this trial. Include the questions you want them to answer as you call them. Do so within 48 hours.

Please call all your witnesses at once, in order not to delay the proceedings.

I'd like to call Sir Otto Osterwind and Zirus Altruist to give statements.

Though as it stands, I feel it would be honest to at least mention that there were no witnesses to the events in question.

The court summons Sir Otto Osterwind and Zirus Altruist. Make your initial statements a recounting of what you witnessed first-hand at the time of the incident, be it in-game or on third-party communications such as TS3.

Please both do so within 24 hours.

Well I just wrote a long recount but I pressed a key and it tabbed out and I lost it all. This could take a little longer. My apologies.

That's ok.

*enters court room* *looks around and shakes head*
    *whispers to self* "So many of you know so very little about what is happening in Nave..."
    *clears throat*

Well, I was not there to witness the event, however I do not believe that invalidates my input. Perhaps I'm not a witness to this event, but I AM a witness to the events that came after it. Which is more than anyone else can say.

Let's begin with how things are NOW in Nave and see if that can help everyone see the big picture....
    You know... In game, where 90% of the people in Mortal Wessex actually care about.
    Zaleos: No Longer In Guild
    Kreager: No Longer In Guild
    Faeran: No Longer In Guild
    Morigan: No Longer In Guild
    Strilan: A herpa Derp RPK now who has completely left sensibility behind
    Lyfender: Still Active but, hey they say "Things don't Grow, Under The Snow..." So he leaves. If you knew anything there is to know about Nave you'll understand that.
    Rhodri: Sitting patiently through his assize and taking the necessary steps and basically being one of the only people in Mortal Wessex who actually care about listening to you forums guys.
    ^What did I mean with that last line there?
    Well that's simple. Dreadlust and Otto are probably the only ones I can think of that knew that keep that fell to the server zerg ninja siege besides myself. I remember helping Rhodri and the rest, Zaleos, Mars, Hapoo, etc... Farm up all the cash for buying it. I left for a brief period to work on a Development project as well as deal with Real Life Situations. I then returned after finding a video on youtube called "Fall Of Wessex" In which an obnoxious young ES member who can't even read tags boasts about their "Victory" with triumphant music playing. I returned to the Teamspeak expecting to hear the same old voices. Instead I found everyone has quit the game or changed guilds and Rhodri had been put on trial. The rest of the people in Wessex in Mortal now are either stationed there by forums, returning vets who didn't know the keep, or new blood I or those I've recruited have recruited.

Although I do not have any proof as to the legitimacy of anyone's version of what happened back then just after the siege. I DO know what has happened recently quite openly, and should be brought to attention. I also have a recording of Teamspeak chatter that may prove useful.

A couple note worthy scenarios that occured during my time back after the situation in question...

1.) Zaleos Attacking Rhodri Quite openly in the DEMI palisade.
    I had gathered up what forces we have in Naves branch of The Duchy, and I had arranged a for-fun sparring session with our neighbour guild Deicide. We had moved over into the palisade and had been enjoying ourselves getting the stars knocked into our eyes by DEMI. Zaleos, returning from sickness, had also arrived. Rhodri too arrived soon after overhearing about the little party i'd arranged on the Teamspeak channel. When Rhodri entered the palisade Zaleos became very quiet. It was not long before Zaleos lashed out and attacked Rhodri openly in front of all of us. Rhodri defended himself and Zaleos was forced to back off. Fortunately, I was able to get one of the DEMI mages to kindly heal Zaleos' horse preventing its death, and neither Rhodri or Zaleos suffered fatal injury. The two were then either placed by Kora in a seperate channel, or they moved their of their own will, I do not recall, but they then began disputing the events in question for this assize in that channel. I, as any ranking member of wessex in the same TS as me will vouch for, commonly kick open the doors of any private conversation left unlocked. This conversation was Rhodri and Zaleos bickering. Rhodri was using his usual low tone voice trying to show Zaleos his understanding of the events while Zaleos angrily demanded compensation and spouted his angry story with a few changes. I was not able to get the full conversation, but I did mosey my way over to the record button, because I knew evidence for this whole situation would be good to have. The Recording features some off key singing to make the two forget about the fact I was recording. I will gladly search for the file on my other laptop if needed, could be something in there that is important.
    This situation struck me as important, but perhaps you don't see why. Let's review.
    Rhodri Enters the Palisade.
    Zaleos Goes quiet and looks at Rhodri.
    Zaleos attacks Rhodri out of anger with events he THINKS occured.
    Rhodri defends himself and Zaleos is defeated.
    Zaleos begins whining about it.

If this happened then. It's not unlikely it has happened before... Maybe outside Meduli... After a Siege... With a wolf instead of a horse... But that's just a maybe.

The Second Situation worth noting is more recent.
    2.) The KoV Scare
    Rhodri had once gone north to help a guild called Knights of Vengeance while they were being attacked. I did as well, but after Rhodri had gone. This is how I came to know Faeran, and by extension, Kreager.
    After KoV's keep fell, Rhodri returned to the same area as Wessex, now located in Bakti.
    Just recently we recieved a tip that KoV (occupied by many former WSX in game and still WSX by forum policy) was planning to knock down Kora's House, Our guildhall, and destroy the Wessex Guildstone. I spoke with Faeran and she told me it was made up drama and not to worry about it. Kora Havion told me Fae gave her a different story.
    Faeran had made threats against wessex before saying "If Rhodri is punished in the trial i'll tear down that hall myself", but this is probably just Faeran being Faeran. That said, she is in fact KoV which gave the tip a bit of merit.
    Rhodri is stationed outside of guild in Nave for the reason of saftey of the guild for offense against his name, and because of the trial that is still ongoing, however he still tries to help the newcomers. He comes and tries to help with training, and hangs around the teamspeak no matter how much I tell him he's an idiot, and 1 up him in guild chat when he says something stupid, he is still here still trying to help the Duchy. The entire prosecution and more than half the witnesses are out of guild and we never hear from them, save coincidence of running into them. Parts of the Prosecution have actually threatened or attacked Wessex, and are likely to do it plenty more in the future.

I have said it before, and the majority have agreed with me in Mortal. Those who are not in the game, know nothing about what is going on in it. This whole trial will mean very little to us. If we want Rhodri, we'll keep him. If we don't, we'll ignore him and shun him.
    This does however mean something to Rhodri. He has spent years of time in the duchy and unlike many of us, myself included, he still thinks it can be restored as it is.

With that in mind, I'll be damned if the one person in Wessex Mortal who cares about the Duchy most, is the one who comes out on the bottom of this trial. I man-at-arms Zirus Altruist of the Duchy of Wessex hereby vow to leave guild if Rhodri is punished severely for a non-factor prosecution with a shape-shifting story.

As Azach would put it...

"Fuck That Noise."

*Gathers weaponry and walks out of Court house, without gracing a single onlooker with eye contact*

Sir Otto Osterwind seems to be unreachable on the forums. The court will try to contact him through steam. If that doesn't work we will have to move on unless the defendant is able to reach him somehow.

Meanwhile, can the defendant support the following argument with evidence such as a link to an official and dated patch/change-log from Starvault?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodri Taliesin View Post
    I would also like to call attention to this detail in Zaleos' story.

Let it be known to the defense that this would be IMPOSSIBLE due to the constraints of in game mechanics both now and at the time of the event in question. Star Vault patched their game to make it impossible to view other players to eliminate the possibility of "Ghost Scouting" a battlefield.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 07-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altus Whyte View Post
    Sir Otto Osterwind seems to be unreachable on the forums. The court will try to contact him through steam. If that doesn't work we will have to move on unless the defendant is able to reach him somehow.

Meanwhile, can the defendant support the following argument with evidence such as a link to an official and dated patch/change-log from Starvault?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/t...1-00-10.81409/

General
    • Increased the amount of Springboks in Tindrem Garden.
    • Increased re-spawn rate of the Springboks in Tindrem Garden.
    • One hand must now be free when consuming food/drinks.
    • Players in the etherworlds can no longer see NPC/Players that are NOT in the etherworld unless they are a priest.

General

• Players in the etherworlds can no longer see NPC/Players that are NOT in the etherworld unless they are a priest.
    The court has accepted this documentary evidence of error in plaintiff's version of events.

The plaintiff may contest this evidence and argument if he wishes to.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 07-24-2013 at 09:21 PM.

General
    I would like to add please that although is is the intended way for it to be, it is a very common bug that you are able to see players as it happens to me quite often.

Closed Thread

Thread Information