Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

I wish to mention that I will be out of town for the following three days, and while that should not impact my responsibilities here, I thought it best to mention it.

Yours,
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

The following are the statements from the witnesses for the Plaintiff who I was able to contact:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Defense made a motion for a Mistrial. It has been denied based on a misinterpretation of outdated law.

The Defense may now present its own version of events previously outlined, as well as calling witnesses or issuing statements on its behalf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The jury eagerly awaits Rhodri's version of events and witnesses.

I have sent to the Jury a list of names of people who I believe may wish to give testimony in my defense, though at this time I will take the opportunity to present my story.

I will start by calling attention to the alleged "victim's" original story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaleos Ravenblood View Post
    I was rendered literally poverty stricken by the treasonous Rhodri Tailiesin upon his departure. I've no armor, weapons or money as he was holding it in his supplies and kept it. I will walk this path with the rest of you to funding myself again but alas I fear it may take some time.
    Now in comparison it would seem that Zaleos' story has changed quite a few times, and with large variations in details.

Now I ask everyone here, In what universe would I ever associate with people from the guilds that just laid siege to Wessex? In what universe would I further go to pay anyone from those guilds to murder someone in Wessex? To me it seems that this entire trial is based off of the lies and exaggerations of a very upset recruit, one who held no respect to members of seniority, experience, and leadership.

You see, at first I decided to refuse to dignify this accusation as it simply was not true. Before it even happened, I had informed Zaleos that I had to delete most, if not everything I was carrying so that our enemies would not loot anything from me should I fall after slaying Aidan Kyros at the foot of our keep, which I did not even minutes afterwards.

As for Zaleos' recent accusations of "murdering him." Maybe he should reconsider his position in attempting to send his pet wolf to attack and try to kill me out of his frustrations. For while I may have defended myself (as he was grey-flagged and marked as a criminal for doing so), it was not I who killed him, yet a random passerby, standing between the Equerry and Pig Rock. This random man slew what he perceived as a "free-game" criminal when Zaleos' was on the run back towards town, battered, bloody, and low on health. (His pet wolf dead by my hand in self defense)

Also to address his conduct within Wessex, he has, in my opinion, represented himself as completely out of line for a brand new recruit and a Serf to think that he was within a place to raise his voice towards or lecture anyone of leadership in how they do their damn job!

So let it be known that the points at which Zaleos' possessions were lost/deleted (During the Keep siege), and the point at which he died near Meduli, were two completely different points in time - and had absolutely nothing to do with each other beyond giving Zaleos a motive to attack me after he demanded coins that were deleted.(That I had WARNED him would be deleted.)

Additionally I did NOT loot his corpse at any time, after the other player slew him, I figured it punishment enough that all the other people would loot him, I need not compound on that- so I walked away.

This man has claimed that I have been abusive, deceitful, and even treasonous in my actions, yet I was want to see anyone who would stick by me during the siege to fight until the last boulder had fallen - I know that Zaleos was not there. I know for a fact that I spent several hours alone, killing every enemy soldier, and boulder-carrying mount that I could swing a weapon at.

So who here honestly would give credit to the mad ramblings of a man who's story has changed at least three times? Who would honestly like to believe that I - A man who has given his all for Wessex for over TWO YEARS, would do such things?

I believe that my case is settled here as I could make points and counter points on each and every detail in Zaleos' story, though honestly I do not think I need to.

Additionally I would like to make a motion to discount the statements of the selected witnesses that are NOT Wessex members.

Keela and Rouruni, they have absolutely no stake in Wessex and should not be considered "proper witnesses" Keela's statement is just a seemingly never ending rant of his opinion and personal feelings towards me, and Rouruni's "statement" appears to be a very misinformed brief.

Now finally I would like to call Otto Osterwind to make a statement in this thread, as he has felt that his statement has been misrepresented in this trial.

I would also like to call attention to this detail in Zaleos' story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaleos Ravenblood View Post
    He drew his weapon and attacked me. I was jumped by him and the people he was chatting with. I was killed and looted by rhodri because I manifested and saw him looking down over my body bags. A clear sign of looting.
    Let it be known to the defense that this would be IMPOSSIBLE due to the constraints of in game mechanics both now and at the time of the event in question. Star Vault patched their game to make it impossible to view other players to eliminate the possibility of "Ghost Scouting" a battlefield.

Pray tell why I was told all charges are dropped. As soon as I leave. yet I left because nothing has been done and he killed me recently again. How pray tell no one does anything while im here. As soon as I leave action is taken to drop my charges.

Due to the inactivity and stalling of this assize, I, Altus Whyte, Sheriff of the Crown, will be taking over as presiding judge to ensure that justice is served within a reasonable amount of time.

Once I have contacted the jurors to ensure that they are still present, I will let the proceedings continue.

The trial will resume now. Both parties will be given to opportunity to present witnesses (this includes any person you think has relevant testimony to give) and question them.

The plaintiff may now go ahead and call witnesses to give testimony to this trial. Include the questions you want them to answer as you call them. You have 24 hours to do so.

Please call all your witnesses at once, since we can not afford to delay the proceeding by up to 24 hours for every witness called.

EDIT: It appears the defendant is unavailable due to health issues. We will wait for 10 days or until he returns.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 07-16-2013 at 12:04 PM.

I have no further whitnesses to bring forth.

Closed Thread

Thread Information