Thread: Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

Threaded View

Post Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

Members of Wessex, let it be known that on this day a Court of Assize has been called.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Justice.png
Views:	100
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	569

Accused in this trial stands Mister Rhodri Taliesin for the following crimes:

• Theft, in violation of Common Law Decree 1.
    • Breach of oath, in violation of Decree 3
    • Murder, in violation of Criminal Law Offense 4.

His accuser is Zaleos Ravenblood. Zaleos will be considered the Plaintiff in this case.

Under Gentleman's Right, I, Lord Kyrendis Varen, Jusiticiar of Hyperion will preside over the trial.

The defendant who has not given previous notice of absence from the guild has 48 hours to select a representative to respond in his stead or acknowledge he is aware of the crime he stands accused of and that he is prepared to defend himself pro se.

The defendant may also list witness' that may be called on his behalf.

If this period passes without reply, the defendant shall be counted guilty and judged accordingly.

At this time the plaintiff may only post any witness' that he wishes to be called on his behalf.

Any other information or claims by either side must be held until evidence is presented.

The following persons have been selected to attend as jury, and are to make their presence known to the court. The Court has endeavored to select neutral parties in this case, who are well respected and who are separate from the community in question:

The Jurors will be:
    • Azzerhoden Razeri, Chamberlain of Wessex
    • Varrick ChaosWielder, Cleric
    • Audin Cardew, Knight Bachelor

Jurors, as this is the first court case since Manus returned to Wessex, the Court will explain your duties: You are to post once in this thread confirming your acceptance of the position. You will then subscribe to the thread, so as to be sure you can read all future responses. At the conclusion of the presented evidence, I will give you instructions as to what the standards are for a guilty or innocent verdict, and you will render judgement of guilt or innocence. If the verdict on either charge is guilt, you will also be able to recommend sentencing, though the final decision on sentence is my own. All you will need to do is check this thread at least once a day, and then discuss amongst yourselves what your decision will be.

Guilt or innocence must be decided on unanimously. There will be no mistrials however. In the event of a deadlock, I will decide the outcome.

All sides are prohibited from discussing the specifics of the case with any members of the jury under any circumstances until the trial has concluded. Jury tampering will be dealt with harshly.

Each person called to jury duty needs to post within the next 24 hours simply by making acknowledgement in this thread. If any person cannot be available for the next 36 hours then they must make it known at this time so they can be replaced.

This trial is open to the view of the public. As such, I would have everyone in this thread operate with that in mind, and with proper respect for all others involved and for the Court itself.

No one else is to post in this thread, unless called upon to do so by the Court.

Sub Signum Rex

Name:  sealroyalmf6.png
Views: 1650
Size:  5.8 KB
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 09-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information