Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

Post Call to Assize: Mister Rhodri Taliesin

Members of Wessex, let it be known that on this day a Court of Assize has been called.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Justice.png
Views:	99
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	569

Accused in this trial stands Mister Rhodri Taliesin for the following crimes:

• Theft, in violation of Common Law Decree 1.
    • Breach of oath, in violation of Decree 3
    • Murder, in violation of Criminal Law Offense 4.

His accuser is Zaleos Ravenblood. Zaleos will be considered the Plaintiff in this case.

Under Gentleman's Right, I, Lord Kyrendis Varen, Jusiticiar of Hyperion will preside over the trial.

The defendant who has not given previous notice of absence from the guild has 48 hours to select a representative to respond in his stead or acknowledge he is aware of the crime he stands accused of and that he is prepared to defend himself pro se.

The defendant may also list witness' that may be called on his behalf.

If this period passes without reply, the defendant shall be counted guilty and judged accordingly.

At this time the plaintiff may only post any witness' that he wishes to be called on his behalf.

Any other information or claims by either side must be held until evidence is presented.

The following persons have been selected to attend as jury, and are to make their presence known to the court. The Court has endeavored to select neutral parties in this case, who are well respected and who are separate from the community in question:

The Jurors will be:
    • Azzerhoden Razeri, Chamberlain of Wessex
    • Varrick ChaosWielder, Cleric
    • Audin Cardew, Knight Bachelor

Jurors, as this is the first court case since Manus returned to Wessex, the Court will explain your duties: You are to post once in this thread confirming your acceptance of the position. You will then subscribe to the thread, so as to be sure you can read all future responses. At the conclusion of the presented evidence, I will give you instructions as to what the standards are for a guilty or innocent verdict, and you will render judgement of guilt or innocence. If the verdict on either charge is guilt, you will also be able to recommend sentencing, though the final decision on sentence is my own. All you will need to do is check this thread at least once a day, and then discuss amongst yourselves what your decision will be.

Guilt or innocence must be decided on unanimously. There will be no mistrials however. In the event of a deadlock, I will decide the outcome.

All sides are prohibited from discussing the specifics of the case with any members of the jury under any circumstances until the trial has concluded. Jury tampering will be dealt with harshly.

Each person called to jury duty needs to post within the next 24 hours simply by making acknowledgement in this thread. If any person cannot be available for the next 36 hours then they must make it known at this time so they can be replaced.

This trial is open to the view of the public. As such, I would have everyone in this thread operate with that in mind, and with proper respect for all others involved and for the Court itself.

No one else is to post in this thread, unless called upon to do so by the Court.

Sub Signum Rex

Name:  sealroyalmf6.png
Views: 1643
Size:  5.8 KB
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 09-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

x
    Subscribe under Thread Tools
    Last edited by Audin Cardew; 05-04-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

I shall perform my duty as Jury.
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

I - Rhodri Taliesin - acknowledge that I am aware of the crime I stand accused of and that I am prepared to defend myself pro se.

I accept my duties as a Juror.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

The Jurors have accepted, and the Defendant has acknowledged the charges.

The following witnesses have been called by the Plaintiff:

Reign Heart
    Otto Osterwind
    Kreager Stonewall
    Morigan Sirona
    Valdovas Kadangi
    Dismas Eleos
    OneFeather-non WSX
    Lyfender-non WSX
    EliteMage - non WSX
    Strilan--non WSX
    Rouruni-non WSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodri
    Due to real life health issues, I will be absent from everything for about five days starting today.

I will be back before the end of the week I believe, but at the soonest it will be about 5-days.

I would appreciate if we can postpone the trial until I am returned.
    The Trial is hereby postponed until Rhodri returns, up to 1 week from today. Jurors are temporarily excused for the next 5 days, and will not be required to continue checking the thread. I will PM everyone when the trial resumes.
    Last edited by Kyrendis Varen; 05-06-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Trial resumes. We will begin with the Plaintiff, Zaleos Ravenblood Describing in his own words what happened on the day in question. Rhodri will then state his own version of events on said day, and then Zaleos may present statements from his witnesses, followed by Rhodri doing the same. After this has finished, both sides may write a short closing argument, Rhodri first followed by Zaleos, and then the Jury has up to 3 days to come to a decision.

We will begin with Zaleos' description of the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On the day we were sieged. While on my MA Dakarin. During some down time in the fights rhodri had me give him all of my items and gold aside from what I was wearing. In his words he was going to make sure they were banked so I would not loose them. I did not think of the fact I had already had these things banked. I handed them over as ordered to do. We lost our keep but had our storage still there. That which still stands. We were given permission to go in and get our items back. Rhodri went in and got OUR items. Upon reaching meduli I said can I have my things back. This was after Rhodri has rage quit Wessex. He said,"You'll not get a damned thing from me Zaleos." and ran outside of meduli. A few minutes later he was standing around with some people from ES and GUTS. I walked out there and said Rhodri I want my items and gold back. He told me to go fuck myself and called me a scumbag. He drew his weapon and attacked me. I was jumped by him and the people he was chatting with. I was killed and looted by rhodri because I manifested and saw him looking down over my body bags. A clear sign of looting. I was basically alone in Wessex teamspeak. So I jumped into Band of the Hawk's teamspeak where several people were. Keela, Reignheart on his mage named EQ, Roruni, Lyfender and a few others jumped to my aid and rhodri ran to town and banked more of my items and laughed about it afterwards. Made some comment about how I have no honor and he'll treat me as such. After this event I was ganked on spineshank my dagger user by guts members who claimed Rhodri had hired them. These issues of rhodri and his hubris were prevelant the entire time I've known him. Strilan, Otto, Kreager, Reign, and many others saw his extreme disrespect and inappropriate behavior. He would interupt combat comms to lead when he was not given the position or ability to do so by the people handling our battles. He rage quit during several fights. Murdered my character. Stole my items. Disrespected our allies in open TS with them in the channel. He claimed to have deleted my items in battle which is false. He had them all in his bank because i followed him the whole time to try and get them back. This all stemmed from the fact that I would not sit idly by whilst being verbally accosted by Rhodri on a regular basis. His telling me, While I was calling out enemy and location was as follows,"Shut your mouth Zaleos." "Zaleos Shut the fuck up." The entire alliance of ABS,H,Red,Hawk,420,WSX and all heard these things. Not to mention the shit talking of our allies. Even Strilan and the entirty of those leading had to tell him to stop breaking comms to take charge and stop talking to people as he was. The theft and murder and hired killing was only the final things that caused me to bring this case into action.

I had a witness contact me to give their statement and would like to copy/paste it here. Is that acceptable?

Based on recent testimony, the count of Murder has been added to those charges listed above. The jury may now consider guilt or innocence on this charge as well when dealing with this and future testimony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information