I have received contacts from both parties and here is what I have assembled to be the events that happened that are not disputed by either party:

• 1) Battle happens. (Details of these I am uncertain. Please see appendix 1
    2) Zaleos dies.
    3) Rhodri assumes control of Zaleos' gear.
    4) Outsiders are involved and force Rhodri to destroy all the gear in his possession, rather than to hand it over to enemies after his likely defeat.
    5) Yelling to both ways.
    6) Zaelos disrespecting chain of command, and arguing with Rhodri leading to Rhodri commanding Zaleos to "shut up" and later on to "Shut the Fuck up."
    7) Criminal charges by Zaleos

Appendix 1:
Apparently there was a situation where Rhodri ends up Killing Zaleos during combat by accident (by his behalf) and attempted to save his gear, during a combat involving outsiders. Details on this are scetchy.
In my estimate, Rhodri has acted according to his status during all this, and I have no reason to suspect his loyalty to the Duke. He, is among the few whose faith has been unwavered during the past two rebellious acts and has decided, for good or for ill, stay with Wessex.

I have no doubts on where his loyalties lie, but he has the unfourtunate effect of rubbings some people the wrong way. This causes some schisms, especially amongst our enemies. And occasionally inside our own rule.