View Full Version : Ducat Banking System

Silvio Dante
04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
==============================
Ducat Banking System Version 0.2c
==============================

4/12/2011: Another Update today

- Added a Reload button that pings and updates the Database to check connectivity and attempt a new handshake
- Identified connection issues. Fix uploading soon.
- added Rhygar, Effen, Phocian accounts
- added Gold Value area

(Note: Admin actions work (deposit, withdraw, etc) however, if there is no connection to the database, they will not appear to function)

4/12/2011:

-Basic GUI Interaction completed
-IRC Chat Implemented (Please wait 30 seconds to connect)
-Database communication between Administration, Users, and Chat/PM System
-Splash Page added
-WSX Branding Added
-Condensed the User account Information into 1 Popup Window, rather than 3 (Date, Transaction, Approved by)
- Report Generation works when clicked, but not for the Administrator. Just Generates a TXT file on the Server.
(Report generation logs any transactions, Ducat Conversion rate changes)
- Administrators can see exactly what the Users see on there account. However, Admins have the ability to change values
on the fly, as users cannot. Users must wait for Approval from select Administrators.
- Multiple code fixes / cleanup
- Rewrote Login/Registration system... However it is not working. Login System Disabled.
- Conversion of Ducats to Gold is working when database is actually working. Calculates in real time.
- set Database communication updates on 60 sec intervals
- Debug code enabled, and sending logs so I can start to track issues / bugs as I add new features.

Note: There is some Database issues still. Getting Crossdomain.xml not found bugs and such on occassion. Its related to being a WEB
build rather than a standalone... very annoying.

PLEASE CLEAR ALL COOKIES / TEMP FILES FROM BROWSERS IF YOU CANT SEE NEW CHANGES. VERSION SHOULD LOAD AS : 0.2c

4/5/2011:

Administration program started - working on communicating with User system
Login/Logout System initial concept and Coding.
Registration System Initial Concept and Coding.
Security implementation: Salt / Hash before POST database data.
Security implementation: md5 communication for password with database.

4/4/2011:

Account Holder GUI initial concept
GUI Communication to Server and vice versa
Deposit System w/ Approval Initial system working

Please approve, deny, make changes or suggestions.

Testing Page: http://idecide.comoj.com
(Note: Testing page is a Web version of the application. I cannot guarantee the final version will be able to be web accessed. however I will try. Please clear all cookies before reloading the page to see updates. This way it loads the correct version instead
of an older version. )
(Note for the Note: I will update the Web Version every few hours for the latest and greatest builds)

http://i56.tinypic.com/afehbn.png
http://i51.tinypic.com/25ujf5g.png

Silvio Dante
04-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Rhygar: In hindsight... this is not the most secure forum to post security code.

Malachi Drake
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the detailed updates. Looking good!

Phocian Night
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Love your work

Silvio Dante
04-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Progress is still on going. Working on the Client / server communications between the admin client and the user clients

Rhygar apGwynn
04-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Let me know if you want to discuss anything. The last one I emailed you is pretty much it. Maybe more will come up we continue.

Silvio Dante
04-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Absolutely Rhygar

Silvio Dante
04-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Bringing the Database up tommorow - plus updating changelog. decent work done these last 2 days.

Rhygar apGwynn
04-10-2011, 10:55 AM
I am really looking forward to see what magic you have worked, Silvio!

Silvio Dante
04-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Database will open at 5pm MST United States time (GMT +8). there is some SQL issues i did not resolve just yet. I am going to bed.

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Slightly delayed - having problems with a "crossdomain.xml policy file not found"

working on a solution

Effen Kortaan
04-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Wcf?

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 08:25 AM
haha yeah.. working on it now

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Updated

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
BTW only Silvio Knight's account is created at the moment

Rhygar apGwynn
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Should I log in? I see there is a list of Admins...

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Should I log in? I see there is a list of Admins...

Login system disabled. List of Admins/Users if only for GUI layout and show. However, Silvio Dante's account is activated. you can click on that

Rhygar apGwynn
04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes, it says database is down.

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Its not down, its a permission issue because it cant see the crossdomain.xml policy... Looking for a work around

Silvio Dante
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Updated again

Silvio Dante
04-14-2011, 07:57 AM
We have to make a choice - Fight with the current PHP / SQL system and with the problems (it can be done, but i dont know how much of a delay it will bring through the entire development)

or

switch to a PHP / XML File system.
Which bypasses these current issues and perhaps future issues.
but will take a couple of days for me to switch over. so developement will stop untill about 4/16 or 4/17

Not my choice to make, please let me know on what the current leadership thinks.

Azidano Valkran
12-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Necro'd

How we get this project rollin' again???

Manus Dei
12-08-2013, 04:25 AM
We could...do you have the expertise?

Azidano Valkran
12-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I do have some skills in the area but they are incredibly amateur to say the least, Your Grace. I think something like tgis could be an interesting feature on our forums, just like the medals are.

Unfortunately my main obstacle is time; time to learn the skills and time to develop the project.

Another idea I had is that since we are a cross-game guild we could 'create' a Ducal Fiat currency in the interim (The Ducal Guinea) so people can, effectively, trade assets from the games they play. (Although this is probably too ambitious)

I'd love to be able to tinker around with this idea as a hobby.

Manus Dei
12-09-2013, 07:29 PM
The extra-game currency is indeed a good idea - something intrinsic to Wessex itself that was tallied on this forum.

Azidano Valkran
12-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I am glad you can see the potential, my lord.

Is there a way to obtain a 'copy' of the Forums? Can it be customisable like that? Where, just like the medals section, we can have an "account" section?

Manus Dei
12-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Yes, but I don't how to make any such tally consistent across all accounts. The medals are individual flash boxes with an associated text file.

Sir Levald Aurelius
12-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I would think just have an associated text file for each members balance and only have that change as they make transactions. It could be set to display your personal balance up by the "welcome user" message at the top of the page.

An admin page could be designed for the treasury to make transactions exchanging guild currency for game currency and back again. A reeve would simply collect or distribute the game currency and mark the exchange on the panel. Users balance would update and treasury balance would update.

The admin panel could even be designed to record in game guild funds essentially moving or treasury into the forum. Spread sheets could still be used as an independent record for audits etc. This would also let us set exchange rates based on guild funds in individual games.

For tracking you could have your own transaction history page and the admin panel would contain a master transaction list. Important data for the transaction log would be date, time, username, transaction type, amounts, and teller/reeve/etc.

Altus Whyte
12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Yes, having a Hyperion fiat currency is a good project, that's been around for a while. It would for example allow us to compensate individuals for non-game-related work, especially if we tie the currency to specific gold-rates in different games, or accept it as tax for example.

Azidano Valkran
02-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Sir Altus, is it possible to have a banking, accounting system on the forums tied to each username, as per Levald's suggestion above? There could be specific Teller roles that would accept money in a particular game (I can imagine Reeves would be suited to this) and can input the amount of currency purchased. The Exchequer and/or Steward of Trade could determine exchange rates, or, if we want to really be risky, have the value on the open, floating market. Although my suggestion is that in bootstrapping any fiat currency, it always needs to be pegged to something else with a determined value.

Just out of interest, in my personal opinion, I am leaning more towards the "Ducal Guinea" rather than the "Ducat" XD

We are about to be starting our venture into ESO, too, it would be an excellent time to give the people a way of transferring their assets from one game to another.

Sir Levald Aurelius
02-04-2014, 06:12 PM
The problem with guineas is they like to chew and make a mess and can easily be lost to snakes and cats.

Azidano Valkran
02-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Aren't those guinea pigs? XD

Originally I thought Sovereigns or Aurumia, but they were mouthfull's, so-to-speak!

Azidano Valkran
02-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Aren't those guinea pigs? XD

Originally I thought Sovereigns or Aurumia, but they were mouthfull's, so-to-speak!