PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Fealty - Sir Bisi Longfellow, Thane of Bag and Sword

Bisi Longfellow
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Before all who stand within these Cathedral walls, I, Bisi Longfellow, Thane of Bag and Sword, by the Light of Soldeus, hereby swear fealty and do homage to His Grace, Manus Dei, the Duke of Wessex.

I swear to uphold the Common Law of Wessex, to abide by the decisions of the Duke, his cabinet and Laws or Decrees issued by the Crown. I swear to fight our enemies to the death if they attempt to lay disgrace or siege upon any part of the Duchy.

I pledge to pay in tribute one third of the resources and gold that His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex, expects from his own subjects and shall train and equip a suitable garrison to defend the Duchy of Wessex and to inculcate in my people the culture of Wessex and the love of Soldeus.

If I, or my sons or their successors, do not observe to His Grace, the Duke of Wessex, or to His successors, each and all of the things declared above, we wish that our title be returned to His Grace or His successors.

By Soldeus’ name, before whom this Cathedral is holy, I will to His Grace be true and faithful, and love all which he loves and shun all which he shuns, according to the laws of Soldeus. Nor will I ever with will or action, through word or deed, do anything which is unpleasing to him, on condition that he will hold to me as I shall deserve it, and that he will perform everything as it was in our agreement when I submitted myself to him and chose his will.

Bisi kneels before the eyes of Duke Manus and after a short silence proclaims, "I become your liege man."

Rhygar apGwynn
03-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Let it be known that His Grace, Manus Dei I, Duke of Wessex, accepts this pledge of fealty from Sir Bisi Longfellow.

Sir Rhygar hands the kneeling man a scroll that reads,

"Know therefore that whensoever these our letters shall come unto you that we have received Sir Bisi Longfellow unto our grace and favor. Wherefore, whosoever within the bounds of our territories shall be willing to give him aid, as our vassal and liegeman, let him be assured of our favor and license on that behalf."

http://www.jade77.co.uk/images/sigs/rhygarseal.png

Sarek Bane
03-20-2011, 10:41 AM
By my hand andthe Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath to be given in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon the His Grace the Duke, upon the Noble Sir Bisi Longfellow, Thane of Bag and Sword, and upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/wsx_seal_green.gif

Sarek Bane
Pursuviant to Levald Aurelius
of the College of Arms
of the Duchy of Wessex