PDA

View Full Version : Some stuff

Falesh Helithian
02-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I think it would be a good thing if we could say something about the future conflicts we will be having. Vets know that if you are massing battlespikes then you are preparing for a big war but the newbies might not. If we could give them some sort of hint I think it would help the motivation levels for gathering these resources.

A good point was raised about the rules thread. That being that it is fully of /sign's which swamp any replies that update the rules. I think it would be good to make the rules thread a sticky and lock it so the only replies it gets are updates. That way we could impress on people that they must read the rules whenever it gets a new post added to it.

The other forum thing that I would like to see is the forum for our lower ranking officials like Lonlan, Hytek and maybe people with set roles too like Stab with taxes and Denioz with his Court of Trade. This would for one thing make them feel like they are valued and a part of the running of the guild but also give them a place to ask questions or hold discussions that would be too sensitive, or too early in the planning stage, to post for all to see.

Rhygar apGwynn
02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Stabbak, as a reeve, should have access to the Yeoman Offices. If other people are taking part in the running of the county should should obtain the appopriate ranks and thereby the forum privileges. Not sure if this answer addresses your specific concern, but if not, just clarify.

Falesh Helithian
02-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Stabbak, as a reeve, should have access to the Yeoman Offices. If other people are taking part in the running of the county should should obtain the appopriate ranks and thereby the forum privileges. Not sure if this answer addresses your specific concern, but if not, just clarify.

What I think would be good would be two have two leadership forums, this one for the very top tier and their advisor's and another for the lower tiers. This would allow us to more safely give access to a leadership forum without risking the most sensitive information that this forum holds.

Falesh Helithian
02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I just saw what you meant. Would it be possible to have a Darkfall Yeoman Offices in the same way we have a Darkfall Bailiff's Court under the Darkfall section?

Raize Sothenic
02-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Theres no need,

Any Reeve with issue can address me in the right place and it helps me keep everything under one roof. (treasury)

The same will be for the clerks etc. (Chancery)

Essentially the only person they might deal with outside of the game they play is the Dukes Cabinet which is responsible for these admin positions.

What we need to do, if they are up for helping is to bring them into the current system (which works) rather than change the system to bring them in.

I think Denios would make a good Reeve, he's shown he is not here just to buy up all our stuff cheap and leave and Stabb's time right now is precious.

I know Roy has trust issues with alot of people but you must empower people to get thier loyalty.

Hytek, I would really like to see as a Clerk and assisting Sarek with Recruitment, he has a polite voice and a good nature, a welcoming person. He is also fairly savvy with computers, producing some quality scripting ability. This would hold him in good stead for forum administration or moderation.

Re your question about the rules and keeping it updated; This is why we need a Clerk.

And finally, the question about what we say and reveal in game is solely the responsibility of the Bailif and while i deffer judgement to Sir Tarscanian, i also agree with you that I think our members are of suficient quality to tell them "more".

Royko Sothenic
02-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Yes we have discussed the matter of telling them whats on the horizon, but it is just picking the right time really, If we say big war, then people will know its against sun, so lets not give to much away, I dont want people knowing we are going to war with sun untill an hour before we siege them, but of course we need to tell them that an alliance in brewing and we are preparing for a war, we just need to be smart about it.

Might aswell add what my targets are for the siege coffers, and would like to meet this target this week if possible, its gonna take some hard work, I am already burnt out from gathering these siege bits, but im going to have to stick it out and get it done, like the rest of us.

Item-- we have-- we need more-- target
Battlespikes 23,000 37,000 60,000
Blackpowder 47,000 33,000 80,000
Runestones 101 149 250
Sparkstone 1400 10,000 10,000
Ingots 11,000 9,000 20,000
Travel Ent 5 3 8
Travel Exit 5 3 8
Schooner 1 4 5
Warhulk 1 1 2

Falesh Helithian
02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Theres no need,

Any Reeve with issue can address me in the right place and it helps me keep everything under one roof. (treasury)

The same will be for the clerks etc. (Chancery)

Essentially the only person they might deal with outside of the game they play is the Dukes Cabinet which is responsible for these admin positions.

What we need to do, if they are up for helping is to bring them into the current system (which works) rather than change the system to bring them in.
My thoughts for the forum would be more of a general place where they could help each other with ideas for locations for PvE/PvP runs, ideas about incentives to get people to do jobs and even queries about more important things like one of them may bring up giving more info about the future results of our current gathering. I and all the others who have access to the Bailiff's Court as well as the others in the Yeoman Offices could all help with that. The reason I would like to see it in the Darkfall section is that it would make it easier to use and thus will have more chance to be checked regularly. Anyway I have made my point which may or may not be right, I'll leave the decision to the rest of you. :)

Yes we have discussed the matter of telling them whats on the horizon, but it is just picking the right time really, If we say big war, then people will know its against sun, so lets not give to much away, I dont want people knowing we are going to war with sun untill an hour before we siege them, but of course we need to tell them that an alliance in brewing and we are preparing for a war, we just need to be smart about it.

We don't need to say it will be a big war, we could even say something like "interesting times". If there is anyone who could tip off our opponents they will already have said that we are making tens of thousands of battlespikes quite urgently which is a far more damning piece of information then if we tell our members that we will be having a fun war at some point in the not too distant future. I don't want to reveal much at all, more that I would like to throw our newbies a bone. ;)

On the resources, I've finished all that you gave me so I can do all the rest of the battlespikes and ore. I can also go to White View and cut tonnes of Wood after that. How much stone do we have and would it be worth making black powder from the stone or is it better to sell the stone and buy the black powder?

Royko Sothenic
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
We need the stone too actually, blackpowder is the least of worrys, we have a nice amount and i am buying that at a steady pace, and there is still plenty of people donating it.

I still have 40k timber and 7k ore for you to smelt, Sarek has a workbench in his house with a safe, so might be worth doing it there.

Falesh Helithian
02-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I can't use the Safe unless I own the house. If he wants to lend it to me that would work but White View is pretty much as good since you can have the bank and workbench open at the same time.

Falesh Helithian
02-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Thinking about it I'll just do the wood in White View since even going full on it may take me a few days to finish and Sarek can use his house for other stuff.