PDA

View Full Version : Armor ?!?

Nayakra Noi
02-25-2011, 08:37 PM
I have really hard problem choosing which armor I should use in which case.
Maybe someone can post some combinations and usecases.
I'm totally aware of the encumbrance but it doesn't help me.

Another thing is Gearbags or whatever they are called. Maybe someone can explain those.

TIA

Sayton Reinhardt
02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Gear bags/ready bags/pvp bags are basically bags containing everything you need for a pvp session (weapons, armour, regs, potions, food, etc.), that you prepare in advance and store in your bank. So when you get attacked or want to raid somewhere, you can easily pull one out and equip yourself.

Royko Sothenic
02-25-2011, 11:36 PM
All depends on your playstyle, can you explain what kind of role you will be playing.

Nayakra Noi
02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure, this is the reason i made this thread. I can rule out Destroyer and pure Mage.
And for gear bags, maybe some guys could post a screenshot of their gearbag, this would help alot.

Erwin Carius
02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Gear won't matter too much before you have leveled all the skills you need anyway, by that time you'll probably have gotten a better understanding of the game so you know what stuff you need for pvp.

Aildon Thewind
02-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Encumberance is the key.

Look at your char stats. 0-19 magic encumberance is a set for primarly spellcasting.

0-19 archery encumberance - ideal for archery damage.

For melee damage encumbrance doesnt matter, choose most heavy armor.

Now, different armors have different protections per encumbrance ratio. For this reason you should never use chain armor. Banded, scale are good, plate abit heavier. Obviously Full plate and better armors have best prot for their encum.

Different parts of armor also have own enc/prot thing. Legs is the most "light" part, so always wear heavy legs part. Chest is the "heaviest" piece.

Falesh Helithian
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Here is an example ready bag:

http://www.dfvendors.com/fal/ready-bag.jpg

The amount of regs depends on what sort of spells you cast. I like to have plenty of consumables in case I get into a very long fight but if you don't have that many you can go with less.

Sayton Reinhardt
02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Skinning knife - never leave home without it. :D

Falesh Helithian
02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Skinning knife - never leave home without it. :D

You never want to kill someone at the Leenspar Golem and have no-one able to skin it. ;)