PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Service - Brother Garadin Alwhindale Esquire to His Grace Malachi Drake

Garadin Alwhindale
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I, Brother Garadin Alwhindale, having been taken as squire to His Grace, the Most Reverend Father Malachi Drake, Archbishop of Moh Ki, do vow to serve him with courage, loyalty and faith in all things and do solemnly swear upon all that I hold sacred to defend my sire, the church and my brothers against all harm. In all my endeavours I shall seek to master the arts of chivalry; for the glory of the Radiant Lord, for the honour of my sire and to protect the weak. I will eagerly take all knowledge deigned to me and shall follow in the footsteps of my master; so that I may prove myself worthy of Knighthood. I will uphold the Laws of Heaven and the Church. I do swear these things without doubt or reservation and shall remain true to my word until my master bid me leave or shall find in me merits deserving of knighthood. In the name of Soldeus; let it be.

Malachi Drake
02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I receive this pledge of service with a welcoming heart and with open arms. I shall honour this sacred tradition between master and apprentice as though it were one of father and son; to nurture within your mind and heart the virtues and qualities of chivalry and humility, to guide you with a firm yet fair hand and to school you in the ways of our forefathers so that one day you may stand up and be counted amongst the fraternity and brotherhood of Knights.

May the Radiant Lord Soldeus guide us in our efforts.

Sir Levald Aurelius
02-09-2011, 10:46 PM
By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath and its Acceptance to be given in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon His Grace the Duke; upon The Most Reverend and Right Honourable Archbishop, Malachi Drake; upon Esquire Garadin Alwhindale, and upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/wsx_seal_green.gif

Levald Aurelius
Herald Emcee
of the College of Arms
of the Duchy of Wessex