PDA

View Full Version : Official forum posters

Falesh Helithian
02-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I think we should get a list of people up who are allowed to reply to posts about our guild on the official forums as it is a while since we talked about this. It would also be a good idea to give a simple set of guidelines for those people to follow. Here is my suggestion:

No smack talking against clans or players
No talk about numbers unless absolutely required and you have the exact figure
Emphasis on the positive, e.g. saying Good Fight even if no-one else is

After this is in place we need to make sure everyone knows about it and adheres to it on pain of fines or worse.

Royko Sothenic
02-10-2011, 06:56 AM
I agree, this is something i feel we really need to keep a close eye on, to be honest ive not seen anyone doing much wrong on the forums but yes we should make this more clear for sure.

I think an updated Rules could be good and maybe a meeting with the whole clan to see what we could or should change.

Falesh Helithian
02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I agree, this is something i feel we really need to keep a close eye on, to be honest ive not seen anyone doing much wrong on the forums but yes we should make this more clear for sure.

I think an updated Rules could be good and maybe a meeting with the whole clan to see what we could or should change.

Yeah, I was meaning it that it was a rule to begin with but has become blurred and somewhat forgotten so it would be good to get it straight so we don't have issues in the future.

Malachi Drake
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
This is more informative than anything else and I just wanted to let you know that it has been Wessex policy in the past for members to be ‘forbidden’ from posting or commenting on threads in diplomatic, political or clan official forums on a game’s forum. We then typically had one or two people act as the spokesperson. This has been useful because it let us stay on message, avoid trolling and make sure that we are all going in the same direction.

So the short version is that I think this is an excellent idea you have brought forward Falesh.

Malachi

Tarscanian Sothenic
02-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes indeed, This needs re firming up for sure.
Maybe a DF Cab meeting should be hosted in the next couple of days to concrete proposed forum representation etc.
Then we can get it advertised on our forums for everyone to sign.

Jaidyn Sothenic
02-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I vote that myself and Sarek are not to be official spokesmen in the forums. :)