PDA

View Full Version : Time to say Hi I guess.

Bash Gladiferit
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM
So here I am, looking around, trying to see if I belong here.
How's it going guys?

Rhygar apGwynn
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Greetings, Bash, glad to see you braved that registration form! ;)

Malachi Drake
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the Duchy and our forums. If you ever have any questions just feel free to ask them. I hope you come to the conclusion that you belong here ;) Best of luck!

Garadin Alwhindale
02-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Welcome !

Twyster Stronngust
02-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Welcome and best of luck. Come on mumble and get to know the guys. Questions and jokes are highly advisable ;)

Otto Osterwind
02-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome and hope to see you ingame

Malathion Valus
02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Welcome Bash, look forward to seeing you around...

Kaideline Taitharn
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Howdy doo! Andar and Drom send their greetings also

Bash Gladiferit
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
After this weeks payday I'll buy a mic, so you all can get to know my iritating voice. Beware ;)
And thanks for the warm welcome.

Bash Gladiferit
02-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry for double posting, but I have a thing to explain.
Turnes out that I cant make my head set record any sound. All I get is static. (the mic works on my friends laptop)
This means further delays : (
If anyone could help it would be greatly apritiated.
Here are the details for those of you who are troubleshooting nerds (much love for you guys)
Motherboard ASRock N68c-s UCC (using the onboard soundcard)
Via HD Audio driver v8700a_20100923 (http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v8700a_20100923.zip)<-sound drivers I'm using
the headset is a logitech clearchat premium PC analog
Ive tried both- front, and the back panel.
The static seems to pump up volume when I move the cable.

EDIT: Win7 64 bit ;)

Sir Levald Aurelius
02-11-2011, 06:23 AM
If the problem is trying to use it with mumble you might need to change the input device its got listed. You can do that by using configure>settings>Audio Input then make sure the advanced box at the bottom left is checked and you should see a drop selection at the top for the device. also you might need to set you push to talk wich is the drop selection next to transmit, to select the button for ptt go to the shortcuts section and add a new one with the ptt function, then add the button for the shortcut field.

Patch Morgan
02-11-2011, 07:25 AM
hi and welcome

Jake Dane
02-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi Bash and welcome. I've tried putting together a small guide for you to setup your mic.

Go into the Control Panel, click Hardware & Sound and click Sound. Click Microphone and Properties. In the General tab make sure the device is enabled.

http://hyteks.info/images/mic1.png

Go to the Listen tab, check "Listen to this device" and click Apply.
If you now can hear your own voice then the mic is working just fine and it's a settings problem in Mumble/Ventrilo that you need to look at. I normally have this option disabled and only use it as a check to see if the mic I'm using actually works.

http://hyteks.info/images/mic2.png

If you can't hear your voice when having "Listen to this device" checked then go to the Levels tab and make sure the slider is all the way to 100. If you still can't hear yourself it might be a problem with the microphone jack.

http://hyteks.info/images/mic3.png

Bash Gladiferit
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Seems its a problem with the jack/ soundcard, because I tried all that and more. Will try a USB head set in the future. Hopefully see (hear?) you then.
Non the less thank you for all the effort.

Altus Whyte
02-11-2011, 08:56 PM
yeah, I was thinking the same, a problem with the jack.

If you get a USB headset and the problem is in the soundcard it might still not work though, and then you have two working headsets but no voice. Not sure how to troubleshoot that though, unless you can test a USB headset before buying.

Bash Gladiferit
02-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I already have an answer (or so I think), but it will take a bit of time. Its the Sennheiser PC 166 USB ;)