View Full Version : Oath of Service of Esquire to Sir Tarscanian Sothenic - Roy Koh

Royko Sothenic
01-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Here I do promulgate my Oath of Service to Sir Tarscanian Sothenic, Knight Bachelor and Baliff of Agon. Under his ever watchful eye and tutelage, I vow to serve as his squire.

In my time of service as Esquire to my Knight, I swear upon the shoulders of my ancestry and my honor that I, Roy Koh, shall:

Accept all knowledge shared with me and withhold none of my own.
Bear no prejudice against those who seek refuge from the North and her quarrels.
Remain at my Knight’s side in the field of battle.
Be ready and willing to face all tasks handed down to me by my master and My Liege without fear or hesitation.
Remain humble and obstinate when faced with victory or defeat.
Be dauntless in my defense of the beliefs and values of the Holy Church of Wessex that form the very pillar of society on which our lands have thrived and will continue to long after my time.
With my sword and faith in the Holy God of all living things Soldeus; to protect all that is in the Duke’s favour, and to defend The Crown and my Knight.

And it is with these words that I swear on my honour to uphold the codes, customs and traditions of chivalry:
As a man I shall be courteous, fair, and altruistic. As a soldier I shall be steadfast, fearless and unyielding and as a servant I shall be sensible, ardent and precise.
So be the nature of my spark from this day forward, as I do swear it in the name of all that is righteous and true.

Roy Koh, Esquire

Tarscanian Sothenic
01-25-2011, 10:45 AM
I hereby accept this Oath of Service, Roy Koh as Through virtue and honour displayed much qualities needed for a Knight Already.
I will guide him in the ways of chivalry, refining the potential demonstrated thus far.

May his journey be one of awakening and blessed destinations. With my sword I honour him.

Sir Tarscanian Sothenic

Sir Levald Aurelius
01-25-2011, 12:56 PM
By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath and its Acceptance to be given in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon His Grace the Duke; upon His Grace's Bailiff, Sir Tarscanian Sothenic; upon Esquire Roy Koh, and upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/wsx_seal_green.gif

Levald Aurelius
Herald Emcee
of the College of Arms
of the Duchy of Wessex