View Full Version : Darkfall recruits

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Sir Tarscanian, Roy Koh & Sarek can you please be sure to prompt new members joining to fill out there profile (found top right of forums) to its fullest. This will mainly full down to the Clerks and Heralds eventually when we grow in size and can hire some yeoman.
But for now if we can all help our Sarek in doing this huge job on his own I would be very grateful. On another note please keep your eagle eyes open for potential members who would be suitable for yeoman positions such as Clerk, Herald and Reeves.

New post: (http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?9343-Darkfall-recruits&p=130318#post130318)

My thanks for your continued hard work and efforts.

Sir Kaylem

Raize Sothenic
01-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Wooster popped into channel last night and claimed there was applications on the forum left unproccessed for several weeks.

I havent done recruitment so i'm not sure what he meant by it but is it something that needs attention?

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
None from DF, I have added every DF TM myself.

Rhygar apGwynn
01-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Three of the applicants he is probably referring to are:

Enthilza Veni -
How were you referred to the Duchy of Wessex?
As stated earlier, I remember the Duchy at the release of the game and during the Hyperion-CoTC war. So when I saw on the official forums that Duchy of Wessex was coming back, I decided to apply

Nabuka Tsk
By forums and MO

Ghostdog
DFO friends/ ex-clanmates

The second one is confusing but Wooster doesn't know who this is, and it does seem as if he is saying he knows us from MO. Could be either way.

Can we input a field "Which game are you interested in playing?" so that it is clear who needs to deal with the application?

Duncan Blackmoor
01-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Can we input a field "Which game are you interested in playing?" so that it is clear who needs to deal with the application?

We already have that, its just not visible on that page.

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM
It was added recently, basicly the who do you swear fealty to part.

Rhygar apGwynn
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok, so whoever is handling the applications should be checking that.

Malachi Drake
01-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Since, technically the Bailiff’s are not land owners in their own right and are rather just managing an area of the Duke’s territory; all oaths of fealty are still made to the Duke. Perhaps it would make things easier if we replace the choice of fealties with a question about which county/colony/game they were recruited for?

Rhygar apGwynn
01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
That might be what is confusing people. Those 3 applicants didn't pick any option.

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
All 3 options are to the Duke, Malachi.

Rhygar apGwynn
01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
When I looked at their profiles none of the 3 were ticked. So what Malachi might mean is that the people don't know which ones to pick; Nave, Agon or Nia... you know how people are. ;)

Duncan Blackmoor
01-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Actually that has just been made, so those applications is probably before then. But its true that there should be little place for doubt :)

Malachi Drake
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
When I looked at their profiles none of the 3 were ticked. So what Malachi might mean is that the people don't know which ones to pick; Nave, Agon or Nia... you know how people are. ;)
That is what I meant. Sorry if it was not articulated all that well.

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
It's okay, I only changed it 2 days ago :)

Rhygar apGwynn
02-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Hytek will lose access to the DF forums. He must still be approved to trial membership status.

Royko Sothenic
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Whos Hytek? hes not a DF member is he?

Rhygar apGwynn
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Hytek Supreme. He applied via the forums. I asked Sarek to contact him. You guys should keep an eye on applications via the forums. Some people do that. ;)

Royko Sothenic
02-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Ah right okay, havnt seen him in game so i dont think hes even a member in game yet.
ill speak with sarek also

Rhygar apGwynn
02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Ah right okay, havnt seen him in game so i dont think hes even a member in game yet.
ill speak with sarek also

Quite possibly. Sarek should be checking the TM applicants list regularly. Those that have expressed an interest in DF should be PMed requesting any missing information and directing them to contact yourselves in game. Another useful check is any new accounts that register. Have a look through the "About Me" in the User Profile to see if he is interested in DF or not.

Sarek Bane
02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I check sign ups daily and try to reach people in game as often as possible but cannot make contact all the time so sometimes it hangs around a bit depending on how active they are.
As an example Hytek (Jake Dane) has not been online since signup

Normal recruitment process is I speak to them and then sign them up and check, I allocate a set amount of time to do this daily so I have some time to play as well.

I speak to a significant number of people every day, many are not suitable or don't want to use comms, some are just trolls etc. Takes time and when trying to participate in clan events it can be somewhat challenging as I always respond. I am also seen as the friendly face to new recruits and if they are new to the game answer their questions for them. Doing it solo means that there will understandably be some delay sometimes but I try to be as effective as possible whilst maintaining a good standard which is a direct reflection on Wessex.

Rhygar apGwynn
02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't worry, I am not complaining/criticizing. I know the DF process works pretty well.

It might help sending less active sign-ups a PM on forum as well as that could help timezone disconnects. Then at least they have a message which tells them to make contact in game or whatever is necessary.