PDA

View Full Version : Wessex Videos

Raize Sothenic
01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I love the idea of us frapsing as much as possible not only to show what were up to and to raise public awareness but also because its great to watch pvp and not be panicing about buttons at the same time.

I'd like to try and keep them as Wessex as possible tho so i thought perhaps we should try to keep a Wessex theme to the music.

Some of the stuff from the Tudors TV series might be perfect, or other similar music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCVrNz3fQAw

What do you think Kaylem

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah I would love to see this :)

Falesh Helithian
01-10-2011, 12:13 PM
It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how practical it is. For one thing the music in my vids needs to be on the Youtube AudioSwap list since I don't get the sound muted due to copyright, I also need a lot of tracks of different lengths to fit the wide array of footage duration. It is also hard to find classical tracks with the kind of energy that would fit a PvP vid.

Falesh Helithian
01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I just went though the classical music section for last nights vid and nothing really fit. The brutality of the in game sounds creates an awkward juxtaposition with the strings and intricate melodies of the orchestra.

What they really need is a "Lord of the Rings" section as I bet there would be some fitting music in that. :p

Raize Sothenic
01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I've not done this before,

So to understand you right, there are a limited number of tracks on the application you use or just limited "free to use without being sued" songs available to use with youtube?

If we provided mp3's thats not enough correct?

Falesh Helithian
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I haven't looked too far into it but the following help info on Youtube sums it up I think:

How To Make Sure Your Video Does Not Infringe Someone Else's Copyrights

The way to ensure that your video doesn't infringe someone else's copyright is to use your skills and imagination to create something completely original. It could be as simple as taping some of your friends fooling around or as complicated as filming your own short movie with a script, actors and the whole works. If it's all yours, you never have to worry about the copyright—you own it! Make sure to follow the other guidelines in the terms of use, too.

Be sure that all components of your video are your original creation—even the audio portion. For example, if you use an audio track of a sound recording owned by a record label without that record label's permission, your video may be infringing the copyrights of others and may be subject to removal.YouTube offers a library of authorised music to liven up your video. Try AudioSwap now!

Falesh Helithian
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
One other way to get the Wessex feel would be a good intro but getting one that looks professional is a challenge.