PDA

View Full Version : been listening to darkfall mumble IM curious

Wulvgar Lord
01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
couple questions I'm not bashing just trying get update on the game:

- Sounds like game still 90% grind grind and wait for pvp to happen, that correct ?

- Also reading in darkfall forums that 1 veteran that exploited skill can own 5-10 guys ?

I think most of my skills were close to max

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-05-2011, 06:40 PM
- Sounds like game still 90% grind grind and wait for pvp to happen, that correct ?

There is still a grind but it's no where near as bad as what it was, I think its not too bad right now as it wouldn't be fun if it was too easy.

- Also reading in darkfall forums that 1 veteran that exploited skill can own 5-10 guys ?

1 vet could kill 5-10 new guys yeah for sure, that's realistic in my opinion as I know for a fact if me and 9 of my mates attacked a skilled swordsman wielding a greatsword I would put my money on the 1 guy.

The game is a lot better now and I am enjoying it a lot more as well, although back at launch it was Wessex that made it fun for me not completely the game.

We proved this week that with good tactics and leadership 10 guys mixed with vets and newbs can kill 15 vets attacking Long March.

Good fun :)

Sayton Reinhardt
01-05-2011, 07:58 PM
10 completely new chars, maybe.

But it doesn't take that long to get your char good enough for group pvp, if you go about it the right way, especially if you pick the destroyer spec for a start.

Royko Sothenic
01-05-2011, 11:02 PM
We was getting raided 10-15 times a night, untill we started winning them all, but we still geting raided very often, and we are always dieing around the pve spots arond Longmarch, pvp is far from dead at this time

Wulvgar Lord
01-05-2011, 11:10 PM
thanks for the replys

Aikar Walmoor
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
The "grind" is bad, not as bad as release but the problem now is that a "competitive" player needs to skill up many spells to 50-75 and not just lesser magic and melee/bow masteries which was enough to do a whole lot at release....thats simply not the case anymore if you want to be more than a meatwall im afraid. Of course afk macro is a common practise and if you have the will to get the gold for regs you can get some of the stuff quite fast.

About your second question, it really depends...

What its true tho is that the average skilled player is way above what you recall from within the 6 first months of the game. That also means theres a much larger gap between new players and vets.

Wulvgar Lord
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
you have to learn spells now along with bow to be competitive?

Aikar Walmoor
01-06-2011, 12:02 AM
you have to learn spells now along with bow to be competitive?

You always had to, the thing now is that you need to learn as much as 5 times more spells than when the game began. That is if you want to aim to be average or have a good base to become something more.

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
I don't have many spells and I compete, I have 7 buffs and some conversion spells. I only buff before a fight so it's not like I cast them all the time.

Cenris Hildur
01-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Aikar do you play Darkfall?

Wulvgar Lord
01-06-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't have many spells and I compete, I have 7 buffs and some conversion spells. I only buff before a fight so it's not like I cast them all the time.

ahh yea I see, was worried have to be full wizard. laugh

Aikar Walmoor
01-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Aikar do you play Darkfall?

Yes I play.

What I mean now is that the game its not like at release that with mana to stamina and a couple heal spells you could do really well.
Now you need all magic schools for buffs, then you have the "utility" spells like begone/sharpnel/confusion/eye rot/wof and some more including sacrifice/heal other... Some of them are essential for group pvp specially some buff others (hastes/melee prots).
Then if you take 2-3 rays at 75+ you can do a lot more on the backs of ppl than simply archery.

Of course you can feel "competitive" in group with much less than that but its only because you have vets that strenghen the team, but a group of 10-15 people that have little more than masteries are just food to a group of 5 average players with all kind of buffs and crowd control spells.

Falesh Helithian
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes I play.

What I mean now is that the game its not like at release that with mana to stamina and a couple heal spells you could do really well.
Now you need all magic schools for buffs, then you have the "utility" spells like begone/sharpnel/confusion/eye rot/wof and some more including sacrifice/heal other... Some of them are essential for group pvp specially some buff others (hastes/melee prots).
Then if you take 2-3 rays at 75+ you can do a lot more on the backs of ppl than simply archery.

Of course you can feel "competitive" in group with much less than that but its only because you have vets that strenghen the team, but a group of 10-15 people that have little more than masteries are just food to a group of 5 average players with all kind of buffs and crowd control spells.

A lot of the old Acheron/Raged players used to fight as Destroyers with very few spells and we did well. In 1v1 having more spells can be an advantage but you can still be way better then simply "competitive" with very few spells as the following vid shows:

http://www.own3d.tv/watch/51822

In groups if you have mastery, heal other and sacrifice you can do extremely well a Destroyer.

Delvar Vardel
01-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Nice video!

Raize Sothenic
01-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Yes I play.

Why, hello again Sir Aikar

Our pvp is based around veteran pvp'ers and tactical group pvp in a way that even our new trial account players feel like they contributed in a fight because they quite frankly did.

Tactical pvp in Darkfall is a treasure to behold and our Garrison is something that I am proud to watch in action.

While I welcome you to our forums, I ask you graciously not to talk badly of a game our members enjoy lest you put off new players, who I might add are "having a blast"

Aikar Walmoor
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Why, hello again Sir Aikar

Our pvp is based around veteran pvp'ers and tactical group pvp in a way that even our new trial account players feel like they contributed in a fight because they quite frankly did.

Tactical pvp in Darkfall is a treasure to behold and our Garrison is something that I am proud to watch in action.

While I welcome you to our forums, I ask you graciously not to talk badly of a game our members enjoy lest you put off new players, who I might add are "having a blast"

I take the warn.
However I never said pvp isnt fun, its probably the best thing Darkfall has atm and yes it is a blast.
I only said that you "need" magic more than ever nowadays, even if you can do a good bit as a team without most of it, in the end you are handicapped against hibrids... Ive been destroyer for long months because Im never one to grind for magic, and when you face a player that knows how to "kite" your arrows/melee rushes you are pretty much done.
The simple fact of having confusion/eye rot is already a very big advantage if you use them appropiately which is not hard. Another very big con for destroyers is that you need to get strong weaponry (justicebringer/silverbranch) too while a hibrid can even you with a blackbolt. Of course he has a lot of grind on its back.

Just my 2 cents and im glad you having fun!