PDA

View Full Version : Key Bindings

Falesh Helithian
01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
The following are my key bindings. I use a Nostromo n52te (http://dropship.weareelectricals.com/product_images/f/969/img4cb2fa5db5b18__28180_zoom.jpg) gamepad and a Roccat Kone (http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/images/press/kone.jpg) mouse. Both of those allow simple macros to be assigned to any key. The Red Shift key makes the n52te switch key bindings to those shown under n52te Red Shift while that key is held down. So to Use in game I would hold the Red Shift key then click the Use key then release the Red Shift Key.

Where is says Staff # it means a macro equips the staff at row 1 of column 7 then switches to the hotbar column indicated. Where the Staff Info says it does something after that the macro instantly selects the spell indicated after equipping the staff. It is important to note that since you cannot select a spell instantly after equipping a staff I have to click the button again to make it work. I do this for ease of use of time sensitive spells since if I want to cast come hither I just need to click that button a few times. If I made it select the spell after a delay it would lock me into casting a particular spell and slow it down for when I want to cast a different one.

The weapons on column 7 are selected when I click the appropriate button at the same time as a macro swaps to my weapons hotbar column. The reason for this is that I can quickly drag the right weapons in any given ready bag to my hotbar and since it changes the hotbar column I can click the same button for Rage, Disabling Blow, etc regardless of the weapon.

To scroll hotbar columns I use the mouse wheel.

http://www.dfvendors.com/fal/input.png

p.s. I was saving my energy to come on this evening but it turns out I'm off to my brother & sister in laws house for tea. :p

EDIT: I forgot to say I use the mouse wheel to scroll hotbar columns.

Cyndane Drake
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
I'mma got to get this gamepad then. I've heard stories but is it really that great? How much will it help from a normal keyboard?

Falesh Helithian
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I can't imagine playing on a keyboard after using this, it's just so much better to rest your hand in one spot and have every action you need to take right on your fingertips.

Denioz VanValdenburg
01-31-2011, 11:24 PM
This sounds rlly complicated, dont you get in trouble with all this macros? I heared alot people who saying that they dont use macros or try to avoid it cus of problems.

I use a G15 Keyboard and a Sidewinder mouse from Microsoft. The things i actually use are the buttons on my mouse, i got two buttons on the left side and theyre easy to reach.

What ive done is to put all my weapons in the first place of each column, for example column 1 row 1 is my sword, after that in column 1 row 2 is my whirlwind, the same for my staffs, first the staff and under that the certain spells.

What i now do is to switch with 123456789 the colums and with my two mouse buttons the rows, for example i want to cast a spell, i first push the column in witch the spell is, here a 4, and then i switch with the help of my mouse buttons to the spell i want.

Rlly important is here to focus on certain spell u maybe gonna use after another or in a row, for example, i may want to blind my enemy and cast a Pungentmist, after that i can cast for example Vampiric touch cus hes blind, what i simply do is to put the spells under each other, so i have to klick just one time on a mousebutton to get to the next spell i want.

What i also do is with rlly important spells, wich u gonna cast between other spells, for example transfers, that i bind them on "e" or "q", so i have just to push 3 for my staff clumn and then e or q for my transfers, another trick is to put certain spells u gonna use rlly often on c/v/b/n/m/,/./- so u have only a few spells u rlly need on the second number of ech collumn wich u can reach with this tactic very good.

I hope its clear what i wrote, done that late at night XD

For any questions ill be on in voice to ask, cus its rlly easy and u dont need any macros or third party tools.

Greetz

Denioz VanValdenburg

Cenris Hildur
01-31-2011, 11:45 PM
You don't need anything special to play Darkfall mouse/keyboard wise. I play with a lot of bindings (magic, blinds, mounts, food, pots, power attacks, whirlwinds, weapons etc) with these:

http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/img/Dell_keyboard.png

http://www.dansdata.com/images/moremouses/wmo440.jpg

Just keep all weapons and conversions near your fingers (i.e ` 1 2 3 4 5 6 tab, caps, \, q,e, z, x, c and v on the keyboard) on the keyboard. Then use the f keys to switch your hotbars and use these numbers on each hotbar. You get like all the binds you need, like 60 + right there there. Basically what Denioz said but you don't need a nifty mouse for Darkfall. In-fact the more basic it is the better seeing as it is an FPS game, ergonomics over buttons!

Raize Sothenic
02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
It's a nice insight into how you can improve your game.

I use a Ray macro myself but i use the cursors and surrounding keys on my keyboard for movement / actions and a Razer Lachesis mouse.

These dont normally work that well so my normal pvp tactic is done by typing the following

/tell Roy Koh Roy...
/tell Roy Koh Roy...
/tell Roy Koh I'm dead Roy

and a few mins later he gives me my loot bag back from the guy who killed me.

Tarek Bane
02-01-2011, 12:39 PM
lol thats a great tactic... i think im going to try that...
Thanks for the I win macro. (bind F12 /tell roy koh Roy...Roy... im dead.

who needs a new pc with 200fps when you have a Roy.

Falesh Helithian
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
This sounds rlly complicated, dont you get in trouble with all this macros? I heared alot people who saying that they dont use macros or try to avoid it cus of problems.

I don't use any complicated macros, simply a column changing one which is client side and saves a binding slot. Sure you can do everything without a gamepad like the n52te or a mouse with more then 2 buttons. The only advantage is that with my setup I don't have to move either hand from it's resting position to select an ability/hotbar column whereas if you use the number keys or F keys then you hand has to move quite a lot.

In-fact the more basic it is the better seeing as it is an FPS game, ergonomics over buttons!
Ergonomics and button count are not mutually exclusive you know. :p The Roccat Kone fits my hand perfectly.

Cenris Hildur
02-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Ergonomics and button count are not mutually exclusive you know. :p The Roccat Kone fits my hand perfectly.

Lol. I guess, although hard to achieve. Maybe I'm just not feeling it, I am left handed playing with a right handed set up so everything feels weird as hell to me. :P

Sarek Bane
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I bound the column change to my mouse wheel and it seems to work but to be honest I never use it!

Pollux Isenloc
02-03-2011, 05:58 AM
In the past I have tried many different keybinds with a normal keyboard (seriously picked it from Wal-Mart for $12, an HP wired keyboard that now was no lettereing on the D and F key) and a fairly normal mouse (razer copperhead 7 button mouse) and some very nice AutoHotkey macros. After coming back to the game from a 1 year break I am trying to do away with the AHK macros using a Merc Stealth keyboard and a Naga (which is by far the best purchase so far for MMO"s I think). The keyboard, while nice, hasen't been used to it's full potential. I just cant get used to the "game pad" part of the keyboard, but the mouse is amazing so far. I set the mouse to use the numpad and alt+numpad to change columns. Numpad keys are set to the 0 column 1-0 rows (1 is 2H axe, 2 is bow, 3 is staff, 4 is second 2H weapon (daggers for pve, or swords for sieges) 5 is blank 6 is skinner, 7 is mount, 8 is 1H weapon, 9 is shield, 10 is rest). My rows are set to 1-5 and ALT+1-5 . Sprint is RMouseButton. The main way I differ is the use of asdf for movement keys instead of wasd. (A=back, s= left, d=forward, f=right, so ALT is easier to hit then SHIFT for me personally.

Falesh Helithian
02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
The Naga definitely looks interesting. How many buttons on the side do you find you can use comfortably without having to contort your hand?

Pollux Isenloc
02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
In truth all 12 thumb side buttons are easily reached, but the two buttons to the left of the index finger seem awkward