PDA

View Full Version : Soldeus

Jaidyn Sothenic
12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Gentleman if any of you are interested in the religion that we follow for RP reasons or just general reasons in game I suggest this as a good read:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=272825

Its a long but fantastic read and although it references Mortal Online a lot I will in time edit it to fit for Darkfall. Unless of course Malachi beats me to it :P

Thanks

Ninogan Swiftstep
12-24-2010, 12:35 AM
I remember that post. I read it on my iPhone on my way to class in the morning :P

Garadin Alwhindale
12-24-2010, 12:59 AM
'Tis a very good read indeed, I reccomend it to everyone.

Cyndane Drake
12-24-2010, 02:38 AM
I remember that post. I read it on my iPhone on my way to class in the morning :P

Haha I remember doing that with the old garrison meetings. Laylah always uploaded the whole conversation and I would listen to it during English class.

Erwin Carius
01-04-2011, 01:10 AM
I noticed you said in that thread we're not going to be using this for Darkfall. Are we just waiting to get it edited to fit DF's lore better, or how come?

Manus Dei
01-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Just call it Auros instead for Darkfall.

Jaidyn Sothenic
01-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Already been discussed and yes we will be using Auros

Elagost Thego
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Uh... that's great and all but Auros is the Mercian god... My character is Mirdain. How am I going to fit that in? Not to mention I learned all the lore about Soldeus. Do I really have to learn another one now? >.>

Kaideline Taitharn
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Dang it all Vicar, I'm the Chief Whiner!

Manus Dei
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Uh... that's great and all but Auros is the Mercian god... My character is Mirdain. How am I going to fit that in? Not to mention I learned all the lore about Soldeus. Do I really have to learn another one now? >.>

It's the same lore. We've always followed the Sun God in every game. Just swap the names! Also, as a subject of Wessex, you can still follow the state god no matter what race you are.

Elagost Thego
01-04-2011, 11:10 PM
It's the same lore. We've always followed the Sun God in every game. Just swap the names! Also, as a subject of Wessex, you can still follow the state god no matter what race you are.

Hmm I guess so, I've only just browsed over it and they do appear fairly similar. I'll check it in detail tomorrow and find out what I need to know.

Just felt a bit edgy. I don't want to change my religion! xD

Rhygar apGwynn
01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
The basic themes remain very similar Sun God, cleansing, crusades, light etc... saints and specific events might change to fit game lore.