View Full Version : Long March

Falesh Helithian
12-14-2010, 09:23 AM
For a lot of reasons I think Long March would be perfect for us. Having a kindom right next to Lux Arcanas would invite a lot of fighting and possibly sieges for the hamlets. It would also pull more people into the area to come and PvP both of us. One thing I am thinking about is posting on the forum to feel out the communities thoughts on this. Below is the proposed post:

The question of Long March

As many remember Long March has a great significance to The Duchy of Wessex and since we came back our eyes and hearts have been drawn to the thought of using that city as our new Capital.

We are also heavily drawn toward using it to start our Kingdom from a strategic point of view. It is next to a number of hamlets that are not owned by any of the current massive alliances which gives us the chance to expand while staying regional. It is also situated right next to The Protectorate of Lux Arcana which would give not only us some nice wars but would also make the region a wonderful place to come for PvP. There are other reasons as well but I think you get the idea.

Should New own Long March no matter what or could they function in a different place?

Many thanks,
Falesh Helithian

Jaidyn Sothenic
12-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah I agree in a way, the problem is that NEW are held in high regard as they promote the welcoming of new players and then train them. Would us besieging them be political suicide?

I would love to see Wessex own Long March, Brockmoore and Banagar again, it would be the icing on any Wessex cake.
But I also believe we need to be careful here as well, maybe even speak with NEW and ask them for it for a price.

Falesh Helithian
12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
That's why I think it is important to put the question to the community first since if we just sieged them we would become pariahs. Buying it is an option but having a siege may well be fun for those in New and give them a different taste of the game.

I think, and hope, that a lot of people will have the opinion that New don't need to have Long March to function and that if it is stopping another good project then maybe it is time to move. There are plenty of other holdings that would suit them just fine.

Falesh Helithian
12-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Just to add the next part of my plan if we do get Long March. Would could propose the following agreement with The Protectorate of Lux Arcana:

Neither side should siege the others capitol city
Hamlets may be sieged providing the siege is layed between 6pm and 9pm on a weekday
Asset destruction that is not part of a siege is prohibited

If that happens then not only will we have plenty of open world PvP on our doorstep but we could also have as many sieges as we want. :D

Jaidyn Sothenic
12-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Sounds good to me :)

Royko Sothenic
12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Very good ideas, now all we need is an army and some discussions with Kimoshi of New.