PDA

View Full Version : Grant of Knighthood - Sir Bastor Sharpeye, KB

Malachi Drake
09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Gathered within the great halls of the Cathedral, on the 1st September 410, were people from all walks of life; villeins, gentry, clergy and freemen alike. For all had come to witness a most auspicious of events. The Knighting of Bastor Sharpeye. Malachi Drake, the Bishop of Wessex, calls him forth.

“Bastor Sharpeye come forth and Kneel!”

Bastor Sharpeye
09-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Esquire Bastor Sharpeye kneels before the Bishop and presents the lord with his sword. The Bishop takes the sword in his hand.

“Do you swear upon all that is holy, under the radiant light of the Heavenly Father’s gaze to worship Soldeus and maintain His Church? To serve your liege lord in valour and faith? To protect the weak and the defenceless? To give succour to widows and orphans? To refrain from the wanton giving of offence? To live by honour and glory? To despise pecuniary reward? To fight for the welfare of all? To obey those placed in authority? To guard the honour of your fellow knights? To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit? To keep faith? To at all times speak the truth? To persevere to the end in any enterprise begun? To respect the honour of women? To never refuse a challenge from an equal? To never turn your back upon a foe?”

"I, Bastor Sharpeye, do so swear to protect with faith and honour the responsibilities becoming of my new rank."

Malachi Drake
09-04-2010, 10:53 PM
The Bishop strikes down hard on each of the squire's shoulders with the flat of the blade.

“In the name of Soldeus, I grant you the power to bear arms and to mete justice. Take you these spurs as the noble badge of your office, and rise Sir Bastor Sharpeye, a Knight Bachelor.

Casilda Tametomo
09-06-2010, 03:27 AM
The College of Arms finds this Oath to be asked and given in good order, and it is hereby recorded. May the Radiant Lord's Grace shine brightly upon His Grace the Duke; upon His Excellency the Lord Bishop; upon the noble Sir Bastor, Constable over His Grace's Armies; upon the Duke's own loyal Garrison; and upon all of Wessex.

http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/../sigs/seal-wessex.png

Lady Laylah Sothenic
Mistress of Heralds
of the College of Arms
of the Duchy of Wessex