PDA

View Full Version : Star Navigation

Rathius Saranoth
08-14-2010, 05:25 PM
With the current static star field, I have found a way to navigate the cardinal directions.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w164/talonesti/Mortal%20Online/Star-Compass.jpg

The prime star here can be used to find N E S W. If you notice the smaller star, directly next to this bright one... If you place that star in a certain 'quadrant' you can get your directions. For example (based on the image above) if you place the small star in the upper right, your body is facing North... and so on as you rotate your view while looking directly up into the sky.

Casilda Tametomo
08-14-2010, 07:17 PM
The next time I'm looking at the stars above Nave through cloud cover like that Ninogan and I were out in the other night (and I can tell which direction I'm facing), I will try to get a picture of the two stars that seem to penetrate it-- I'm certain one of them is the one directly overhead in your compass above.

Good work as always.

Twyster Stronngust
08-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Those are some neat findings Rathius. Well done.

Valens Bellator
08-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I will certainly use this to orient myself while lost in unfamiliar lands. Thanks!

Ardwan Ashcroft
09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
There is also an Arrow shaped constellation a little above the horizon that points south(ish), will try get a screenshot of it.

Rathius Saranoth
09-17-2010, 04:53 PM
It actually looks like there is a constellation for each 'major' city. If in the center (at the lake), or generally know where you are, the sword appears to be towards Tindrem, one for meduli, and one for Morin Khur.. I can't remember where the bow was pointing atm... and I dunno what to call the other one.