PDA

View Full Version : Hail, Duchy of Wessex

Styran Stormbreak
08-21-2009, 04:29 AM
My name is Styran Stormbreak. I used to play Darkfall and watch in awe at how different you all were, from Forum Fall until the end. I wish I could have been a part of that, but alas, I had prior commitments.

I do not know if you are accepting trial members at the moment, but I put in my application anyways. I will be playing Mortal Online, and I would like to play under your banner.

If you are not accepting trial members, I beg of you to remember me when you are. I also hope you do not mind if hang out here, even if I am not a trial member.

If you have any questions of me, please ask. I will be happy to answer.

Sincerely,

Styran Stormbreak

Jaidyn Sothenic
08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Greetings Styran and welcome to our humble home.

Although we are not currently advertising (yet), we are open to those wanting to join our community.
We have one very strong policy and that is to get involved on our Ventrilo server. We are currently playing all types of games or just sit in a channel and have a laugh.
We are however becoming very strict on recruitment, a mic is highly important and so is the activity level :)
This time round our recruitment policy will be to select the best of members who can fit straight into our friendly community, and get rid of the ones who are not interested.
The people of Wessex are a great bunch, easy to get on with and more than happy to make you feel welcome when you get into Ventrilo.

I shall be back online later tonight after work, so hope to see you when I return.

Styran Stormbreak
08-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I do have Ventrilo, and a mic. I have business to attend to in a few hours, but I will get on as soon as I can.

Twyster Stronngust
08-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the Duchy, come hop on ventrilo sometime, have a laugh :)

Elagost Thego
08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Welcome. :)

You seem fairly charismatic and it is always nice to see an interest in the Duchy of Wessex from outsiders.

Hope to see you in ventrilo.

Afayir Nuykani
08-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Welcome! Just get involved with us on ventrilo, and you'll be fine.

We had a trial member period but I don't think that currently applies. So as long as you stay actiave, you'll be a member in no time.

Also, because Cheono hasn't asked; What will you play in MO? Do you have any photoshop skills?

Chrono Veincrusher
08-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Also, because Cheono hasn't asked; What will you play in MO? Do you have any photoshop skills?
I feel offended by that.

Afayir Nuykani
08-21-2009, 04:32 PM
:P

I wrote it on my iPod.

Rhygar apGwynn
08-21-2009, 04:46 PM
We had a trial member period but I don't think that currently applies. So as long as you stay actiave, you'll be a member in no time.

Trial member period is still a minimum of 1 month. However, unless you are active in Vent and in games with us it is likely to be much longer.

Afayir Nuykani
08-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Ah, okay.

Zehtuka Fireglore
08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I feel offended by that.
You can send him to the pillory you know.

Styran Stormbreak
08-21-2009, 08:07 PM
. . .
What will you play in MO?

I plan to be an elf.

My main play style is ranged (archer) and/or healing.

I am sure that the elf part may not fit perfectly at first with the Duchy of Wessex, but if accepted, I can work my character story into something that fills in the puzzle pieces on how I came to be what I am . . . if that makes sense. If all else fails, I can go human, though I really do not want to.

Do you have any photoshop skills?I am meager in my photoshop skills.

I am good with web design, and even better with audio/video editing/production.

Jaidyn Sothenic
08-21-2009, 09:14 PM
At this moment we don't have a restriction on races, but as you can imaging Wessex is based on the feudal system which were humans.

If i have my way we will allow all races, but for RP purposes lesser races will be shunned upon by the church, and other humans who chose to do so.
For my part running the garrison lesser races will have to earn my respect alot more than humans, only for RP purposes of course :)

Im guessing the church may look down upon the lesser races, Malachi?

Rhygar apGwynn
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I doubt there will be much restriction in races unless game mechanics make it beneficial to be exclusively 1 race. Our main race will most probably be Tindreme. Like Sir Kaylem says at most certain races might be excluded from the church and/or the nobility for RP purposes.

Elves should be ok though, generally we like elves. Is that name for them, Veera or something, the final name or is it still a place holder?

Zehtuka Fireglore
08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
I am good with web design, and even better with audio/video editing/production.
Sony Vegas/Adobe Premiere?

Jaidyn Sothenic
08-22-2009, 06:37 AM
Im guessing either them or kallards. Or a pure mix. We are unsure until we see what the other races are line :)

Elagost Thego
08-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I can imagine there will be more races than have already been anounced. They have a Family option in the character creation. It would be a bit boring if the only options were human and elf.

Jaidyn Sothenic
08-22-2009, 12:41 PM
A family option? Ive not seen that

Afayir Nuykani
08-22-2009, 04:07 PM
By family I think he means race (human, elf, orc). Currently, the only option allowed is human.

Elagost Thego
08-22-2009, 05:53 PM
It is called family and yes it means race. Sorry if I was unclear :D

Rhygar apGwynn
08-23-2009, 01:05 AM
By family I think he means race (human, elf, orc). Currently, the only option allowed is human.

That makes sense.

Kajun Cage
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I would like to say WELCOME. Good to hear that the will to be Wessex is greater then the one to be Elven. I hope you can do both.

Raize Sothenic
08-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Lets just keep the races from mingling too much this time, i still have nightmares about Laylah's descriptions of 2 headed Arthedain being the offspring of man and elf.

Casilda Tametomo
08-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Lets just keep the races from mingling too much this time, i still have nightmares about Laylah's descriptions of 2 headed Arthedain being the offspring of man and elf.My impression from Aventurine was not that they were born two-headed, but that as a race they were sickly and stopped being able to reproduce, leading them as a culture to practice necromancy, and thus to reuse parts, add extras, and other abominable practices.

But I may have ignored a strict interpretation of the presented 'facts' in my moral panic over Shandra's behaviour. Whatever happened to Shandra, anyway? :p

Cyndane Drake
08-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Whatever happened to Shandra, anyway? :p

Think your husband needs to tell you abit more about himself.

Altus Whyte
08-26-2009, 10:11 AM

lol

Zehtuka Fireglore
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
lol

Elagost Thego
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
lol

:rolleyes:

Afayir Nuykani
08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
:eek:

Mother, surely...