View Full Version : Assize: Nathero Aristo vs Agasutin LeGaude

Erwin Carius
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Members of Wessex, on this day let it be known that a second call to assize has been made.

Accused in this trial stands Agasutin LeGaude, archer of the Ducal Garrison, for the crime of assaulting and killing a steed belonging to Nathero Aristo, trial member of Wessex.

The following persons have been selected to attend as jury, and are to make their presence known to the court: Malaclypse Escalus, man-at-arms of the Ducal Garrison; Zehtuka Fireglore, man-at-arms of the Ducal Garrison; Ruben Rybnik, villein of Wessex; Timian Teeraal, bowman of the Brockmoore Garrison; Tiberius McTavish, villein of Wessex; Bronvictus Grayham, bowman of the Brockmoore Garrison.

The defendant has 24 hours to either respond, or select a representative to respond in his place. If this period should pass without reply, the defendant shall be counted as guilty and judged accordingly.

Sub Signum Rex.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6573/sealroyalmf6.png

Agasutin LeGaude
03-08-2009, 06:25 AM
I was at the workbench cutting wood for the guild, then I hear combat going on inside the city so I go off to investigate. I then saw combat at the general store and proceeded to mouse-over to see who was there, there was 2 or so members from Brockmoore getting repeatedly harassed by a mounted figure, Recruit Nathero Aristo. The Brockmoore members had then fled from Recruit Nathero Aristo, and Nathero Aristo had switched his sights to a mounted and armored Amras Blackwing, who seemed to be AFK. Recruit Nathero Aristo casually turns the rear of his steed to Amras Blackwing, and proceeds to "mule kick" Amras Blackwing and his mount, this was not acidental, nor did it only happen once, Nathero Aristo had "mule kicked" Amras Backwing and his mount a minimum of 4 times before i decided to intervine. From what I had witnessed in that time, I saw Recruit Nathero Aristo as griefing the inhabitants of Longmarch. I checked the chat logs of Guild and Public, there was no indication that these repeat attacks were acceptable by any of those that were attacked. I then rode and attacked Recruit Nathero Aristo before he could kill Amras Blackwing's mount, after striking him twice or so, Recruit Nathero Aristo ceased to "mule kick" Amras Blackwing, and began to flee. Chat logs revealed no apologies nor any request of a cease fire from Recruit Nathero Aristo, nor any indication that those attacked by Recruit Nathero Aristo were in a mutual agreement with getting struck by Recruit Nathero Aristo. Further affirming my conviction that Recruit Nathero Aristo was indeed greifing the residents of Longmarch. I chased and attacked Recruit Nathero Aristo till his mount was no longer living. roughly 7-10 minutes after this incident i get inquries from the locals in Longmarch, to if I had killed another players mount, I responded honestly and told them I did and told them why I did. Shortly after Recruit Nathero Aristo demands I replace his mount or he will report me. I chose to be reported, and have the matter settled in court.

Had this been say Sir Rivers and Lord Dulath, attacking each other, I would have dismissed it as "horseplay" amongst the two. (no pun intended) But seeing as it was a Recruit, that does not even have a proper forum account, I could not risk to dismiss such an incident for the sake of others.

Malaclypse Escalus
03-08-2009, 08:11 AM
*Malaclypse enters the dimly lit courtroom and seats himself with a bucket of kettle corn.*

Nathero Aristo
03-08-2009, 08:56 AM
If you where theire the whole time you would have noticed that Amrus Blackwing also attacked me a couple time whit his mount. When that happened i did the same whit him ( we where messing around). Then you came and you chased me when i ran off, and why didnt is say anything on the chat? That was because i was on ventrilo whit Amrus Blackwing. Second i would never kill anybody's mount from a guild member even if he killed the steed of another guild member.
So if you had noticed i didnt attacked you after i was trying to save my steed from the death.
And if you where theire the whole time you would have noticed that i wasnt the first one that attacked.
So my last words are if i had killed the drake of Amrus Blackwing then you didnt have any right to kill mine, and you have noticed that i also didnt killed your steed after the crime( i didnt kill anything).

The only thing i want is to have my old steed replaced because you had no right to murder it.

Zehtuka Fireglore
03-08-2009, 12:40 PM
"Zehtuka enters the courtroom and takes a seat next to Malaclypse"

Erwin Carius
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Copied from the other call to assize:

Court is not in session yet, so save the statements for later, right now we only need to know what everyone is available.

Proceedings will most likely commence in a few days, seeing as I have to be away for around two days.

Casilda Tametomo
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
*After reading the notice, Laylah Noyes makes plans to attend this trial for her own edification. "After all, 'Justice must not only be done; it must be seen to be done'", she tells herself.*

Kyrendis Varen
03-09-2009, 06:08 AM
A figure, cloaked and hooded in black with a golden crown seal on the breast, enters and sits in the visitor section of the courtroom.

Casilda Tametomo
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
*Laylah can smell the man (or the reek of whatever liquid is sloshing about his person) who's just seated himself next to her before she looks at him sidelong, not making eye contact. With a small shiver, she pulls her shawl more closely shut around her shoulders and bosom, and then takes some knitting out of a bag between her feet. Settling the long, oddly sharp needles firmly in her hands and beginning to purl slowly, she replies quietly to his slurred greeting.*

"Good day." She adds, after a moment, in deference to his robes, "Father."

*Laylah is working on a long, red woolen piece with small heraldic-looking designs. She reaches the end of one row and turns the work, revealing the unfinished underside with its loose coloured threads, incidentally concealing the exact pattern of the scarf-- if that's what it is. She knits her way back with careful slowness, waiting for the trial to start.*

Spaw Kindred
03-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Spaw Kindred walks into the courtroom, hearing word to see what could happen to the family member of a good friend. Looking around the room for familiar faces, spotting Pursuivant Laylah and approaching.

"Afternoon Laylah."

Cyndane Drake
03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
(I'm too tired to make up a nice roleplay story..)
Just a small message regarding Nathero Aristo. I know the guy for a few months, spoken with him for atleast one month almost every day, and I can swear that he is not the kind of person to do as mr. LeGaude told.
I'm sure LeGaude had the most honorable intentions of helping a fellow guild member, and in his position I would have done the same thing, but I can tell you that Naristo would never assault someone seriously without a good reason.
Maybe you find this little message usefull, and I'm willing to talk more detailed if thats requested.

Casilda Tametomo
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
*Laylah stands up and greets Mister Kindred, then moves over and seats herself again, patting the place next to her with her hand until he takes it.*
"It's good to see you, sir", she tells him. "I've never seen a trial before. What's going to happen?" she adds, in a whisper.

Spaw Kindred
03-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Spaw Kindred smiles and thanks Laylah, before taking a seat between the two, then leaning over to Laylah and says quietly...

"Well, being in this position myself once before, both parties will give their story on about what happened, jury will hear their stories, and then the jury will decide, guilty, or not guilty. Simple really."

Tewdric Veincrusher
03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
On seeing the hubub in the court room, the extremely good looking dwarf, Tewdric Veincrusher enters and sits down in the row behind Spaw.

"And hopefully this will mean that there will be someone in the pillory by the evening. The wurms got to my garden and so i have some nice mouldy vegetables that are ready to be hurled" He added with a look of desire on his face.

Spaw Kindred
03-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Spaw Kindred shakes his head and sighs, shrugging his shoulder in attempt to have the Father move his head. Failing, Spaw then looks at Laylah with a smile and pushes the Father's head so hes slumped over in his chair.

"The Church has done things to his head, by all means, ignore."

Bronvictus Grayham
03-10-2009, 04:29 AM
The bright day peered into the dim courtroom as the dark figure stood silent in the light. Bronvictus opened the doors with both hands while wielding a sword. Just before continueing into the room he sheaths his sword under his cloak and robe along with many other notches that would suggest he came prepared for anything. The doors behind him closed and slammed shut. He swiftly stomps his steeltoed boots with each step and shrouding his face to all that have seated. He avoids eye contact from anyone while carrying a crumpled letter in hand, the address to attend court. Bronvictus notices Zehtuka sitting at the jurors bench along side Malaclypse and decides to take a seat next to Zehtuka. He nods in respect to his superior. Bronvictus eyes over Malaclypse and his kettle corn and whispers softly.

"What the hell have I missed and is it over?"

Alexio Corbeille
03-10-2009, 06:30 AM
*Alexio calmly walks in and glances at the cloaked, hooded, and boozed up crowd. Not wearing a dark cloak or a hood, and feeling a bit out of place, Alexio hears a few random drunken shouts as he walks back out of the courtroom.*... thought I'd give this whole roleplaying thing a try

Anyway, this should be interesting. Is killing a mount justifiable in Wessex for uninvited horseplay, same kind of horseplay which caused more than a few conflicts within Hyperion in beta? Whatever the judgment, it shall stand as a prequel to other judgments in similar cases. Either we're allowing retribution for uninvited horseplay or we're allowing members to randomly grind combat skills at the expense of others in the duchy.

Valandil Silverhawk
03-10-2009, 08:57 AM
The youthful Clerk Mirdain, Valandil Silverhawk, made his way calmly into the chambers and took up a seat near to but behind Laylah, the screaming priest and the 'heathen' of the day, Spaw Kindred. Peering through his one good eye he noted the people there and made his presence known to Laylah and Spaw.

"Sir Kindred, Miss Laylah, it is a pleasure to see you both here." He looks very attentive and aware of his surroundings, even with his one good eye. His ears twitching slightly at the distinct noises going off throughout the room.

Timian Teeraal
03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Can not attend jury duty, wont be online until weekend. work situation.

Erwin Carius
03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Can not attend jury duty, wont be online until weekend. work situation.
Noted. You're excused and we'll find a replacement.

Timian Teeraal
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Eh there was last minute changes I'm available until monday if needed.

Erwin Carius
03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Eh there was last minute changes I'm available until monday if needed.
Excellent, then I pronounce court in session.

Any jury member who has not yet reported in will be sent a pm to remind them so, and otherwise new ones will be picked out, but we can not wait for this any longer.

Now, the plaintiff may tell their side of the story...

Nathero Aristo
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
So Here's what happend:
I just got attacked by Amrus Blackwing ( just for fun no intension to kill my mount).
So when he attacked me whit his drake i did it a couple times back (whit no intension to kill it).
So then Agasutin LeGlaude came and attacked me so i ran away, when i ran away i thought he wouldnt follow me because i had enough of it and i thought he knew that but he didnt. After a 2 min escape run i lagged for a bit and he killed my horse and it was laying on the ground, i tryed to save it but that had no effect because he finished it off. I got a whitness and this started infront of the general store and finished at the clanstone. I still think that he had no right to kill my steed because he didnt know what was going on, and when he killed my mount i didnt killed his mount. So why would he kill my then even if i still haven't killed anything.

Well thanks for reading this and i hope that justice will win.

Idoris Cypher
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Idoris Cypher reporting in. I am available for Jury Duty

Cali LeGaude
03-13-2009, 01:44 AM
A cloaked woman slips through the doors, stands at the back of the room with studied interest of both protocal and the outcome of that of her kinsman.

Erwin Carius
03-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Agasutin LeGaude, what do you have to say to your defence?

Agasutin LeGaude
03-14-2009, 03:25 AM
I've posted what I witnessed, and the actions I took, I've nothing more to add to that. I will say this though, Longmarch is no safehouse, it's been under attack repeatedly, and at random times. If you want to present the opportunity for a outsider(s), be it/they geared or naked, to pop in and finish the job you didn't and cost a guildmate(s) a loss of any possessions, I suggest you rethink your logic.

Amras Blackwing
03-14-2009, 05:37 AM
It was not I who attacked Nathero first, it was the other way around. That's how I remember it. He hit me once or twice and I hit him back. I then stopped and he kept on hitting my horse. He then stopped and ran away. I then heard someone killed his mount. I don't reckon he deserved it, but that's what we have a jury for.

Nathero Aristo
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
First on Amrus Blackwing it was no horse you were on it was a drake and second you bitted me several times i just did it like 3 times back, And i mean i would never kill a guildies mount i mean evrybody attacks sometime somebody else theire no escape of that and second, if you had rembered it so good why didnt you know you were on a drake ?

ZhenYu Omega
03-14-2009, 11:39 AM
*The weary Pursuivant ZhenYu Omega passes by the courtroom on her way home from a long night of work and sees all the commotion going on. Pausing briefly to decide whether or not to go in, she decides to enter. Upon entering she briefly glances around the courtroom and sees familiar faces and faces of those she does not yet know. She briskly walks over and seats herself next to Valandil. With a silent whisper she says "G'mornin' Valandil. Nice to see you again Laylah and Spaw." She quickly takes another look around and wonders to herself what the outcome will be.*

Nathero Aristo
03-14-2009, 12:18 PM
-

Amras Blackwing
03-14-2009, 02:59 PM
First on Amrus Blackwing it was no horse you were on it was a drake and second you bitted me several times i just did it like 3 times back, And i mean i would never kill a guildies mount i mean evrybody attacks sometime somebody else theire no escape of that and second, if you had rembered it so good why didnt you know you were on a drake ?

Because I meant horse as a mount, sorry but english isn't my first language and it should be obvious that I meant mount. Everyone have already stated that I was on a drake in the thread, was it really necessary for me to also state that?

Fine, I was on a drake, Nathero attacked me, my drake had about 20% HP when Nathero stopped. Yes I hit him some after he attacked my mount. I never said you killed it, but don't lie and say I attacked first and that you only bit my drake 3 times. Getting a drake from 100% to 20% takes more than 3 hits.

Nathero Aristo
03-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Amrus i have a whitness that you attacked me at first and second it isnt about that, i was just kidding and i know i shouldnt have done it anyway and i aren't gonna do it again.
But you know that i would have never killed it and agasutin thought i was gonna do that and then he killed mine after he hitted me a couple times.

Amras Blackwing
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Amrus i have a whitness that you attacked me at first and second it isnt about that, i was just kidding and i know i shouldnt have done it anyway and i aren't gonna do it again.
But you know that i would have never killed it and agasutin thought i was gonna do that and then he killed mine after he hitted me a couple times.

I've never said your mount should've been killed or anything, but I won't have people lie about me doing stuff to them. No matter the circumstances.

Idoris Cypher
03-14-2009, 05:51 PM

Who is this witness?

Nathero Aristo
03-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Zethuka Fireglore saw that Amrus Blackwing had hitted me first.

Zehtuka Fireglore
03-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I haven't been called to speak yet, maybe it's the Z or maybe I've been forgotten.

During this "accident" I was busy at the general store selling junk, suddenly I heard somebody getting hit, I turned to the right and saw a Drake chasing a Horse, It didn't look like a battle to me, I thought It was just a friendly fight. I turned left again and continued selling my junk. A couple of seconds after that Nathero joins my channel and starts screaming that his mount got killed by Amras.

I did NOT see who got hit first but I did see that a Drake was chasing a Horse.

Nathero Aristo
03-15-2009, 12:52 PM
You mean i screamed that agasutin killed my horse not amras :)
(amras chased me)

Agasutin LeGaude
03-15-2009, 01:06 PM
You mean i screamed that agasutin killed my horse not amras :)
(amras chased me)

Putting words in his mouth? Like saying you and Amras were playing when that was not the fact? Seems Zehtuka has a different story to tell. Nathero, you might want to fabricate a new witness.

Amras Blackwing
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Nothing against Zehtuka or nothing, but it seems you have a completely different story than everyone else. I think we all know that Agasutin killed his horse. Since you missed that vital part, might it have been that you missed Nathero hitting my drake first aswell? If you were infact busy selling stuff to the general store.

Nathero Aristo
03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Well first this is not about who attacked somebody's mount it is about the killing part.
Agasutin you had no right to kill my mount even if i had killed anyones mount which i didn't, when i had killed amras his mount then i was the one that was defensing here and im not. So what you did was wrong i know i attacked to much and i regret that but you don't seem to regret killing my mount. Its just wrong if you kill a guildies mount even if he killed another it is a rule and it is the law so think about what you say because you can't kill anything that is part of the guild.

Nathero Aristo
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I call Takli Bravebronze as witness in this session.

Takli Bravebronze
03-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Alright,

I'll just state the facts I've seen, the judging is up to the sheriff.

At the moment I entered the city i saw some guys screwing around on their mounts.

This was near the general store, and saw that it was Nathero Aristo and Amras1 Blackwing.

I don't know who hit who. But when Agasutin saw it he went after Nathero, chased him mounted upto the clan vault and didn't stop hitting the horse, until it eventually died.

This is what I've seen happen

Agasutin LeGaude
03-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Well first this is not about who attacked somebody's mount it is about the killing part.
Agasutin you had no right to kill my mount even if i had killed anyones mount which i didn't, when i had killed amras his mount then i was the one that was defensing here and im not. So what you did was wrong i know i attacked to much and i regret that but you don't seem to regret killing my mount. Its just wrong if you kill a guildies mount even if he killed another it is a rule and it is the law so think about what you say because you can't kill anything that is part of the guild.

So after reading this, you say you killed Amras and his mount?

You also state you knew it was wrong to attack him repeatedly to dangerous levels, yet you did it anyway?

And that it's wrong for someone to get even, after damage has been done?

I believe you knowingly griefed Amras, and now your trying to hide behind the court, and get some sort of revenge against me for settling the score. I think you might want to coach your new witness on what to say cause your last witness didn't aid you at all. Even while outside Mercia, Nathero Aristo continues his attempts to grief.

Takli Bravebronze
03-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Agasutin, as i've said in my post, I'm just stating facts I've seen, and there's only 1 person in charge of judging it, which is the sheriff and not you, I know you would like to defend yourself. But you shouldn't be doing that by concluding i'm not aiding him with what i've seen.

Nathero asked me to come tell here what I've seen, that's what i did.

Ardwan Ashcroft
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
So after reading this, you say you killed Amras and his mount?

You also state you knew it was wrong to attack him repeatedly to dangerous levels, yet you did it anyway?

And that it's wrong for someone to get even, after damage has been done?

I believe you knowingly griefed Amras, and now your trying to hide behind the court, and get some sort of revenge against me for settling the score. I think you might want to coach your new witness on what to say cause your last witness didn't aid you at all. Even while outside Mercia, Nathero Aristo continues his attempts to grief.

His English is clearly not fantastic, but common sense can see what he is saying.
Him and Amras were dicking around fighting, doesn't matter who started it. Then you join in and chase him away, but rather than leaving it at that, you continued and killed his mount.

The only score to settle is the fact that he lost a mount, and nobody else did.
You had no right to attack him at all, but knowingly going so far as to intentionally kill his mount is completely out of order.

Amras Blackwing
03-15-2009, 05:07 PM
His English is clearly not fantastic, but common sense can see what he is saying.
Him and Amras were dicking around fighting, doesn't matter who started it. Then you join in and chase him away, but rather than leaving it at that, you continued and killed his mount.

The only score to settle is the fact that he lost a mount, and nobody else did.
You had no right to attack him at all, but knowingly going so far as to intentionally kill his mount is completely out of order.

From what I understood, and saw. He left me with my mount at 20% HP left, running off. Then starting to attack other mounts, at that point Agasutin takes the law into his own hands and attacks and kills Nathero's mount. Both sides are guilty, well that's what I think.

Devan Omega
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry to post in this trial but i may ask to put my information about the incodent as i was in the party at the general store when all this happen and was in vent when the messing around happened.

I'll gladly share my information if called apon. if i am out of line please accept my humble apologies and i will leave this trail.

Evillor LeGaude
03-15-2009, 08:10 PM

If thats the stance, then him and amras had no right to attack each other. Under the law, they shouldnt be fighting within the city limits anyways.

Seeing as other people who werent called are passing judgment/opinion (like you ardwan), i feel i am allowed to state more facts. If my words are not welcome, and should be deleted, everyone who is not called giving opinions should be deleted also. I am going to state the LAW in these matters.

Under Royal Decree

3. Fights between individuals must be prefaced by a challenge to spar or a challenge to duel. A challenge to spar means it is expected that the combatants shall stop short of death or else be revived. A challenge to duel means that death, ganking and looting is understood and there are no hard feelings. Duels to the death must be performed with a herald or other notary of the court in attendance for the sake of fairness, and to earn the sanction of the court, who will record the verdict and prevent future vengeance.

4. Sparring matches and duels must be held behind the keep, out of sight of the general common area and the beam of the clanstone.

As there was no challenge offered by Amras or Natherio, Their attacking each other broke law 2:

2. Randomly hitting passers with weapon swings or mana missiles, and being seen to do so more than three times, will earn a fine of 50 gold, on account of annoyance. Repeat offenses will result in higher fines. A random attack which is met with a request to stop, but which continues, means that the receiver may attack back, kill, and loot without consequence. If someone attacks back out of self defense and you are forced to kill them due to a fight you started without discussion, see #6.

Agasutin saw combat, there was no challenge issued and respoded to defend members of the guild. Maybe he should have disengaged when the attacker fleed, maybe he shouldnt. Either way, Amras and Natherio are guilty of breaking law 2 (amras is guilty multiple times, he is named in both asssize's for doing it, and he has also done this to me and numerous others).

In his own words, natherio never asked agasutin to stop, because he was on vent and didnt use ingame chat. That is not Agasutins fault. He saw someone 'griefing' members of the guild and responded to that threat. With Amras' last statement, Nathero left his mount at 20% health, then ran off to attack other mounts. If you dont know how long it takes to regenerate a mounts health, take my word for it, this is griefing.

These laws were set to stop things like this from happening. There was a problem with it in beta, hence the creation of the law. No matter what any witness can say now, Agasutins actions are up for interpretation. He saw someone attacking mounts in the guild city, without any formal challenge declared, clearly breaking the law. He then responded to make sure guild members didnt lose anything due to the lawbreaker. Doesnt matter if you were not intending to kill mounts Nathero, Agasutin couldnt possible have known this.

Under this interpretation, Agasutin was defending the Laws of the kingdom. Before anyone says thats not his job, its EVERYONES job. I wouldnt stand by and let someone kill guild mounts. With this much reasonable doubt surrounding his actions, i dont see how he can be found guilty. The only person who lost something because of these actions, is the person who broke the law initially by fighting with Amras Blackwing in town. All the witness' Nathero has call cannot substanciate that he was attacked first, like he claims they can.

Amras Blackwing
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
(amras is guilty multiple times, he is named in both asssize's for doing it, and he has also done this to me and numerous others).

As have you done to me. But this is not the time nor place for that discussion.

Amras Blackwing
03-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Forgot to add:

Also, if Agasutin also attacked Nathero, didn't he break law #2 as well? Or only when I attack someone attacking me? Or just because he killed his mount he does not break law #2? Please explain.

Zehtuka Fireglore
03-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Nothing against Zehtuka or nothing, but it seems you have a completely different story than everyone else. I think we all know that Agasutin killed his horse. Since you missed that vital part, might it have been that you missed Nathero hitting my drake first aswell? If you were infact busy selling stuff to the general store.
My mistake, As I said before I was busy at the general store and I didn't pay any attention at all to the fight,
All this drama happened quite a while ago, why not put an end to this?

Ardwan Ashcroft
03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
If thats the stance, then him and amras had no right to attack each other. Under the law, they shouldnt be fighting within the city limits anyways.

Seeing as other people who werent called are passing judgment/opinion (like you ardwan), i feel i am allowed to state more facts. If my words are not welcome, and should be deleted, everyone who is not called giving opinions should be deleted also. I am going to state the LAW in these matters.

etc etc etc

Snipped to avoid long re-quote

I agree with pretty much all of that. With the addition that these laws need to be actively enforced. It seems to be everytime I turn around in the city someone is randomly hitting someone else.
I don't believe limiting sparring to just behind the keep is enough, it needs to be removed from LM entirely.

Evillor LeGaude
03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
As have you done to me. But this is not the time nor place for that discussion.

Forgot to add:

Also, if Agasutin also attacked Nathero, didn't he break law #2 as well? Or only when I attack someone attacking me? Or just because he killed his mount he does not break law #2? Please explain.

I challenge you to provide proof of that, i have MANY witnesses (including Rivers and Dulath) of times your attacking me mining in town and grind groups with MM as your running past. If you would like to lodge a complaint against me, feel free, thats the beauty of this system. I havnt lodged a complaint against you, due to the fact your a garrison member under me, and i chose to try to educate you than punish you.

On topic

If Agasutin attacked Nathero in defense of another guild mate, then no. If Nathero was griefing others, and Agasutin put an end to it, no. It is the job of EVERY person to uphold the law. If a member of the guild sees griefing, it is their duty to put an end to it.

Putting this in a timeline:

Amras/Nathero are fighting in town (illegaly) > Agasutin sees this and asumes Nathero is griefing as no duel was announced (Amras also testified Nathero was griefing) > Agasutin kills Nathero's horse.

Due to Amras/Nathero's ignorance of the law, one of them lost a mount. No matter what happens in these proceedings, both have admitted to breaking the law (Amras has admitted this in both cases), and should be dealt with accordingly. The only thing left to decide is:

Did Agasutin act out of the defense of a guild mate? Or did he Vindictively single out Nathero and kill his mount without cause.

The law is intended to stop people fighting in town. I know english isnt your first language Amras, but you do understand this, and still you do it. DO NOT FIGHT IN TOWN. Fighting without declaring what your doing to the rest of the clan causes incidents like this. I hope these recent assizes with you named are lesson enough to you.

Amras Blackwing
03-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Did Agasutin act out of the defense of a guild mate? Or did he Vindictively single out Nathero and kill his mount without cause.

Well, I acted in defense of myself, Agasutin in the defense of a clanmember. Why did I break a law and not him?

Evillor LeGaude
03-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, I acted in defense of myself, Agasutin in the defense of a clanmember. Why did I break a law and not him?

If you can prove that you were acting in self defense, you have done nothing wrong. Problem is in your other assize you admit to hitting linelor in town messing around, and you are known for doing so. You definately broke the law in the other assize, and thisone is still to be determined who hit first.

If you can prove he hit first and you defended yourself, you did nothing wrong IMO, problem is, neither of you can prove who hit first it seems, as witness' wont confirm your stories.

Edit, With a reread of the entire thread:

i was just kidding and i know i shouldnt have done it anyway and i aren't gonna do it again.

The plaintiff Clearly knew what he was doing was wrong. He broke the law, and suffered loss' due to his actions. Those are his own words. What more needs to be said really?

Erwin Carius
03-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Very well, I believe the court has heard enough to be able to pass judgement.

Jury, please go ahead and PM me your verdicts. (We'll be doing a vote, so post what your opinion is in the form of either "guilty" or "not guilty".)

Erwin Carius
03-24-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm not getting replies from a jury member, so I'm calling in Athrin Whiteblaze of the ducal garrison as a replacement.

Athrin Whiteblaze
03-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I will make my decision as quickly as I can.

Erwin Carius
03-27-2009, 05:55 PM
The jury vote is a tie, so the final word on the verdict will be on me. Thusly...

Agasutin LeGaude is found guilty on all charges, and sentenced to replace the mount which was killed.

Furthermore,

Amras Blackwing is found guilty of breaking Wessex common law, Offenses Punishable by Fine and Public Humiliation, Article 1, and is sentenced to pay 300 gold in fine.

Nathero Aristo should, seeing as the situation was not urgent, have requested Amras Blackwing to stop before he initiated counter attacks, and is thus also found guilty of violating Wessex common law, Offenses Punishable by Fine and Public Humiliation, Article 1; and is sentenced to pay 200 gold in fine.

All payments of fines and all items to be reimbursed should given either to a Reeve of the exchequer, a Royal Sheriff or a Royal Praefectus. The lost mount or an equal sum of money (350 gold) can freely be claimed from any Wessex officer with vault access.

The time limit for payment is five days.

Erwin Carius
03-28-2009, 03:58 PM
-- All dues paid.