PDA

View Full Version : Hello ladies and gentlemen!

Celice Thieris
02-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Hello!

I am a new user here. Let's get down to business!

I'm 20 years old and I am born and raised in Sweden, the land of the blonde women and... well.. blonde women? ;)

In real life my real name is Amir.(Yes I am a dude, and for those who are interested it's not Swedish at all, it's arabic and it means "prince" :))

I work at Ericsson in Sweden where I build something called radio base stations. It's a fairly crappy job but when you're a computer nerd like me some physical activity in the every day life is great. ;) I also have got a cat named Manfred. He's my loyal companion and watches my back while I play computer games. He is adorable. ;)

Regarding Darkfall I've only been watching it for two years or so but I hope that it's been worth the wait! I like the type of games where teamwork is important and you can't just go Rambo mode. I also think it's about time I play a female character (I was always the handsome human male kind of player, but not this time!)

What shocked me the most with this guild is the way it is run. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to find a guild like this so I just had to file an application! Not only am I a big fan of the medieval ages but I also have a thing for roleplaying in general.

I try to stay away from the official Darkfall forums though because of the amount of flaming going on there. (I did find your recruitment thread there though) I just can't believe the way people behave towards eachother on there. Personally I've never ever seen a community like the one on the Darkfall forums when it comes down to the flaming. :confused:

Something I love about online communities though (such as guilds in games etc) is the fact that you can really meet great people and socialize with people from other countries that you never ever had the chance to meet before. The oppurtunities have no bounds and I love it. :D

Anyway I hope the thread wasn't too long and I'd also like to take the time to apologize for any mistakes with my English as it's not my native language but I do try so don't be too hard on me. :(

See ya around!

P.s: I was going to type "Greetings" in the title but what the heck. ;)

Delric Loser Northmaer
02-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey there Celice (or Amir :p)! You definitely made a good decision by applying here, I just did so recently myself. You sound like you will be a good and friendly contribution to the guild.

Looking forward to seeing you in-game! See you around.

Tiberius Lexicon
02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Welcome much, Manfred is an awesome name for a cat BTW.

Dharius Signa
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
welcome to the Duchy forums!

Mortred DeGrimm
02-18-2009, 10:33 AM
welcome bro... to the duchy of wessex! hehe

well i guess we both have sucky jobs hehehe i work with my dad
as a tile setter hehe

Gimrak Kilarr
02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
woooot another swede yay!

P.S Welcome

Devan Omega
02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
welcome to duchy!!

Jacen Olliard
02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex forums. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thunder Stormhammer
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey bro welcome

Quinton Emeka
02-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Greetings and welcome to the Duchy of Wessex!:cool:

Beric Veincrusher
02-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey Celice, I have nothing but respect for people from the land of the Swedes.