PDA

View Full Version : "Message for you Sir!"

Landion Grey
02-11-2009, 08:14 AM
A simple scroll arrives at the embassy of the Duchy of Wessex. Wax sealed, the heraldry unfamiliar to you, a Tree with an arrow piercing through. Opening the scroll you can see from the dust and worn edges, this message has travelled far and has been written with great care…

To His Royal Majesty, Manus, King of Hyperion,

Like a whisper on the wind, news has travelled far, across the great seas and over the mighty mountain range that shelters my homelands of Britannia. Into the old forest these whispers reached my ear. I know of Agon and an evil that once plagued my home, now threatening this land and it’s good people. I have dedicated my life to the mastery of the martial ways and to the knowledge of the forest. There is no man or beast I cannot track and I proudly carry this bow which has brought many brigands to justice. I have fought this evil that travels to your Land and threatens your people. I have tracked down these cowardly Brigands and slain the Dread Lords that have sold their souls to the demons of the void. Those who have escaped me, shall know fear when they hear my name for I am their bane. I am Landion of Yew, Ranger, Tracker, Archer. This letter your Majesty is my pledge to you and your brave warriors. If you will allow me to serve your cause, with this bow or with my blood, I swear we will know victory. Your enemies shall know fear and the good people of Agon will know peace.

In service,

Landion of Yew

Valentina Penderghast
02-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Firstly: That is the most awesome intro post ever!

Second, while I am certainly not king Manus, I still welcome you to the guild! Always good to see some UO vets.

Zehtuka Fireglore
02-11-2009, 07:07 PM
That's a nice intro, but how did you get more than a hundred posts Valentina?

Valentina Penderghast
02-11-2009, 07:10 PM
My winvincible leeterific lack of a life? Its a slow week. :D

Landion Grey
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
OOC: Re-made my account here. Sorry for the confusion with my former last name. I played a Ranger type character in UO and my house was in the Yew Forest. I was not apart of the Yew Militia however, so to avoid any confusion I have changed my name.

*bows respectfully*

Carnifex Bilius
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
You could have just asked for a name change...

But welcome nevertheless.

Mahtan Olliard
02-12-2009, 05:19 AM
nice intro and welcome to the duchy

Trude Gudrun Alfhildton
02-12-2009, 08:52 AM
hello and welcome :)

Manus Dei
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Very good, sir. The Barony of Yew is currently attainted from the Lord Nocturne, and it is good to hear you do not hail from that province. Still, a bowman of the wood is very welcome.

Gustaph Calgacus
02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forums master archer. :)

Landion Grey
02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
*Kneels* It is a great honor and I thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope I can prove my worth soon your majesty. I have travelled to your great city and await my opportunity. My bow, *pounds his fist to his chest* and this heart, serves The Duchy of Wessex!

Long live the King!

Mortred DeGrimm
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
wow so much role play your making me overload

Quinton Emeka
02-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Greetings and welcome to the Duchy of Wessex!

Brophy Wolfborn
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
wow so much role play your making me overload

Get used to it, for that's what the duchy is about!

Anyhow, welcome!

Haeso LeGaude
02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Get used to it, for that's what the duchy is about!

Anyhow, welcome!

We're also about killing people, lots of killing people.

Valentina Penderghast
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Granted, but in a most in-character sort of way! *le grin*

Leif Sigrid
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
We're also about killing people, lots of killing people.I bow my head to you sir. You may do what you wish with me!

Dagrik Rathne
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Welcome!

Thunder Stormhammer
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Making us all look bad with that intro...dick ;)