PDA

View Full Version : Salutations

Altus Whyte
02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Greetings Wessex,

I have known about the Duchy of Wessex for a while now, but it is only now, two years later, that I finally take the first step to apply and try to join it. What intrigues me about Wessex is its medieval-like system of organization, because after all the reason for why we all connect and play our games on the internet is probably not because we enjoy lag and monthly fees, but because of the social interactivity it adds to a game. The point about Wessex as I see it is its potential to provide a more sophisticated and structured form of social interaction with people actually having roles to take on and duties to fulfill.

As the more hardcore gamer I am, I have enjoyed this kind of gaming before, like for example when I used to be involved in virtual reenactment units where we would try to emulate an authentic WW2 unit and its tactics and go into such aesthetic details as having realistic names. These kind of things of course gave a bit of a roleplay twist to it, which I loved simply because of the whole new dimension of immersion that roleplaying added to the game.

I should also mention that it was from Erwin and Sayton that I first learned about Wessex and Darkfall back in early 2007 when we were in the same police force together on the GTA:SA-MP Godfather roleplay server, where I went by the name of Arlov. Considering that there were a few other Wessexians playing, I may recognize a face or two on here, if they are still active after two years of course.

Looking forward to the launch to see Wessex in action.

Mikhal Altus

Valentina Penderghast
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the guild, Mikhal. It seems as if you'll fit right in.

Amras Blackwing
02-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Welcome!
Once you get full member status, request a signature from Sempi!

Sample: http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaahail0.jpg

Oooh. A GF-RPer, I was in Stracci and later on Yakuza, although you must remember my IRL friend Tony Fox. I remember you, Arlov, nice to see you again!

Name was Karl Robinsen in Stracci and later on Takizawa Kiichi in Yakuza.

Altus Whyte
02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Oooh. A GF-RPer, I was in Stracci and later on Yakuza, although you must remember my IRL friend Tony Fox. I remember you, Arlov, nice to see you again!

Name was Karl Robinsen in Stracci and later on Takizawa Kiichi in Yakuza.

Oh yeah, I definitely remember the name Tony Fox. He was an officer in our force during my time as chief of police, wasn't he?

Mortred DeGrimm
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
welcome to the guild!!

Quinton Emeka
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Greetings and welcome!:cool:

Dharius Signa
02-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex forums!

Duplicarius Dillingham
02-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the forums, stop by IRC to have a nice chit-chat, or just peruse here.

Synius Scrymgeour
02-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Welcome!

Dagrik Rathne
02-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Welcome!

Bernardo dei Medici
02-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Hmmm ... I don't know ... he sounds kind of shady ...

Altus Whyte
02-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Hmmm ... I don't know ... he sounds kind of shady ...

Why is that Brando? Was it this post or is it just some old memories from GFRP?

Amras Blackwing
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah, I definitely remember the name Tony Fox. He was an officer in our force during my time as chief of police, wasn't he?

Yes, you might also remember Marco Romani, another friend of mine.
Where did you go after the split-up?

Trude Gudrun Alfhildton
02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
hello and welcome :)

Erwin Carius
02-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I think you need to get your spider sense checked Brando. ;y

Anyway, maybe I should say welcome as well, although it might be a bit excessive... So, welcome to Wessex!

Altus Whyte
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes, you might also remember Marco Romani, another friend of mine.
Where did you go after the split-up?
I heard some rumors that Fear wiped the server and released the source code, which is the event I assume you were referring to with "split-up?" I retired like two or three months before that happened.