PDA

View Full Version : Cyndane Vadin, at your service.

Cyndane Drake
02-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I realise I've already posted this at the trial forum-part, excuse me for that.

Well I wanted to make an topic to tell something about myself. I'm not sure if this is the right forumpart, so forgive me if it is not.

I'm Maarten Hol from the Netherlands, but most of the time I use the name Martin Hawkes to make it easier for internationals to prenounce. I live in a small town somewhere in the middle, which 99.99% of you will never ever hear about. I'm a true gamer since my fifth year, started with things as Commando's, Populous and Anno. When i was about eleven years old, I started playing MMOs. Funny enough, it was a cheap asian MMO that made me hooked to the genre. R.O.S.E. Online, if anybody knows it. Then i started doing some lesser MMOs, building op some experience, before beginning my WoW journey. Played it from a few weeks after release, and though i kept logging in now and then, I stopped playing actively after its first expansion.

Well then i started playing some big MMOs like EVE, GuildWars, Age of Conan, Warhammer, and while doing that I found out about Darkfall. I read as much as possible before giving up hope somewhere begin '08. I thought it was very close to release, but I couldnt be more wrong. So i forgot a little bit about it and kept playing other games, till a month or so. Then, when i realised release was getting close, i decided to join a guild. I always liked to roleplay alot, in almost every MMO which had the opportunity to do so, i did it almost fully. I wanted a big guild, with a nice structure and a roleplaying ruleset.
Well then, i thought, why not join one of the, if not thé, biggest guilds in the Darkfall community? I decided to make my application, and here i am.

Also, some more stuff about me. I love bash.org, one of the greatest sites ever made, and i read it every day just to get a good feeling. The rest of the time i read the darkfall forums, play some left4dead, and in the weekends I usually go out or have LAN parties with friends. And now, I also read the Duchy forum a few times a day, to see Ã*f theres something new happened to me, hehe.
My favorite fighting style changes with every game. As a weapon of choice I usually pick a spear or a polearm, but fighting with a sword and shield comes second. Third, when I'm in the mood, i try to ambush people the most amusing way. Sometimes its so funny, that even though it fails and i die, i still laugh out loud.
I'm a very capable soldier. Although i can be somewhat shy to post topics like did, (when you do that on the Darkfall official forums, your dead and flambé, so..) I always do what I'm asked.

I hope you enjoyed reading. If you excuse me now, I got alót of big walls of text with difficult English to read, so i guess i'll get started!

(P.S: One question though. I hear the acceptation for trial members is always first day of the month. But, Darkfall releasing on 25th, isnt it better to do so the 24th or something? Just a thought.)

Regards, Cyndane Vadin.

Tiberius Lexicon
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi there, may you stay with us a long time.

Dharius Signa
02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
welcome to the Duchy forums!

Cyndane Drake
02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi there, may you stay with us a long time.
I hope so :)

Quinton Emeka
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Greetings and welcome to the Duchy of Wessex!:cool:

Aemilius Firensus
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forums :)

Jacen Olliard
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex forums. Feel free to hit me up some time for Left 4 Dead. Are you in the Duchy of Wessex steam group?

Valentina Penderghast
02-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Welcome, oh fellow roleplayer! Good to have you with us!

Cyndane Drake
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex forums. Feel free to hit me up some time for Left 4 Dead. Are you in the Duchy of Wessex steam group?

Yeah i am, my current name is Psycho.

Trude Gudrun Alfhildton
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
hello and welcome Cyn :)

Gustaph Calgacus
02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the forums mate. :)

Dagrik Rathne
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome!

Leif Sigrid
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
We hope to see you for a long time to come. Perhaps become a knight! When the day comes I will bring myself to tears... wondering WHY I'M NOT KNIGHT!! :(

lol but seriously great to see you here :)