PDA

View Full Version : An old hand but a new name :)

Fyndal Valdruss
01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello everyone !
By way of an introduction heres some things about me and my MMO experience.

I'm 39 years old :(
I've retired !!! heheh (well im looking after our 13 yr old son while the mrs brings in the money !)
Ive got loads of time on my hands to indulge in my favourite pastime of MMORPG's (see above)
Ive played far to many MMO's in the past and i hope Darkfall will be the one to give me the buzz that UO did back in the day :-

MMO'S played
UO pre trammel
Asherons Call ( Darktide )
AO
DAOC
EQ2
LOTRO
AOC
WAR

and most extensively Shadowbane for about 5 years

I love PvP in games and i like to think im pretty good. In 1 vrs 1 pvp i can more than hold my own but i do better in grp PvP.

I also enjoy crafting and will be concentrating my craft skills in DF on making armor in the times between battles !

anyway thats a sketchy outline of me looking forward to meeting all of you soon.

Fyndal

Carnifex Bilius
01-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Hello and welcome Fyndal.

What UO shard were you on back then ?
Oh, and I was a DT player as well !

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here with Wessex.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
A nice merit you have there, welcome on board!

Mortred DeGrimm
01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
welcome dad hahaha :D

Dagrik Rathne
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Welcome!

Fyndal Valdruss
01-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I was on the Chesapeake shard then went to europa when they did the euro ones.If i remember correctly my name was Talon Blackthorn also Arin Blackheart ( must have been going through my 'dark and mysterious' period. hehe

On darktide i played a bow PK called Rai-Jin :)

and to you who said 'welcome dad' watch your manners sonny your not too old ( or young ) to have a clip round the ear ! :) lol

Hashishin the Shadow
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome.

Nice with a teamplayer :D

Dreign Swift
01-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Holy hell, are we glad to have you. With a list of experience like that (and especially with all that free time ;)), I'm sure we'll be very glad to have you around. What paths were you considering in Wessex?

Oakk Haddock
01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Great intro. You'll fit in great. What kind of computer hardware do you game with?

Rylon McArthur
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
well hello friend! nice to meet you and hope to you have a wonderful stay in wessex

Mortred DeGrimm
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
hehe well sori if i offended you... well and for sure your
older then me hehe... well anyway im sure it will bea
honor to fight beside you or die hehe on the darkfall world :D

Talfryn Emrys
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
I've retired !!! heheh (well im looking after our 13 yr old son while the mrs brings in the money !)

I need to find me a gig like that!

Welcome to the Duchy.

Aiedail Varden
01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Welcome! i look forward to gaming with you and learning from your vast experience :)

Chant Talidan
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Hello and welcome to wessex :D

Retired whilst the mrs. brings home the bacon? Dude, you've got it made :p

Anyhoo, with a resumé like that methinks you should fit in just fine here.

Quinton Emeka
01-29-2009, 02:57 AM
Greetings and welcome to the Duchy of Wessex.:cool:

Tiberius McTavish
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
HAIL!?

Retired at 39? Ex-Military?

Fyndal Valdruss
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi again :
answering some questions as follows :)

Mortred you didn't offend me in fact you made me laugh so no worries there, in fact i think im gonna enjoy takin the piss out of you as im sure you will enjoy takin the piss out of the old guy :)

Im not ex military just very lucky that my mrs has a grt job so we decided to move to Scotland ( very much out in the country, the place i live doesnt even have a pub in the village ! ), so i look after our son and dog while she works away during the week. I'm supposed to be decorating the house / building sheds/ an office instead of playing MMO'S (gotta get that done b4 Darkfall start s up hehe).

And finally im running an FX-60 dual core athlon with 2 512mb SLi enabled 7900 GTX's, but i might upgrade pretty soon. (depends how well i do with the office and sheds :) lol )

cheers

Fyndal

Mortred DeGrimm
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
hahah yeah i think ill enjoy playing df with you... scotland? wow isnt
it cold there know? i always wanted to do there because of the movie
braveheart haha maybe you'll be able to bring some of the braveheart tactics on darkfall huh? huh? haha well too bad for you there isnt a pub near cant drink any scotland moonshine i heard that stuff can kick like i mule haha well i guess have fun building your shed of what ever haha
and oh yeah your not that old haha my dad is still older then u he 50 hahaha peace and prosperaty to you bro... :D

Trude Gudrun Alfhildton
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
as im sure you will enjoy takin the piss out of the old guy :)

If that is an official permission, I will :p

looking forward to play with ya, welcome :)

Trude

Einar Tyrssen
01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
If that is an official permission, I will :p

looking forward to play with ya, welcome :)

Trude
I'm taking this as permission, too, even though I would do it anyways.