PDA

View Full Version : question about Wessex

Thar Neval
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I am going to play DF, so I am looking around for potential clans/guilds to join. I have a question to Wessex about player killing. Is killing other players of an allied race (from a non-allied guild) prohibited? Let's say that a person is annoying, because he is disturbing me when I hunt. Can I kill him according to guild rules? What about if I would kill someone because I like his items? I guess what I am basically asking whether Wessex is anti-pk or neutral?

Ardwan Ashcroft
01-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Basically anyone that is in Wessex territory, but does not belong to an allied guild, is an enemy and can be treated as such.

Alatar Atra
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
everyone not in Wessex or Hyperion is an enemy. And can be killed when sighted , human , dwarfs , orcs , elfs , alfars and furries alike.

Zerthul Dryadson
01-25-2009, 05:14 PM
everyone not in Wessex or Hyperion is an enemy. And can be killed when sighted , human , dwarfs , orcs , elfs , alfars and furries alike.

I dont think this is right..

In my understandings it will work like this:
Enemy guilds: kill them on sight
Allied guilds: well, not kill them
Neutral guilds: you can kill them if they are on our territory, otherwise you cant start war yourself
non-recognised guilds("barbarians")/non-guilded players: you can kill them

Alatar Atra
01-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I dont think this is right..

In my understandings it will work like this:
Enemy guilds: kill them on sight
Allied guilds: well, not kill them
Neutral guilds: you can kill them if they are on our territory, otherwise you cant start war yourself
non-recognised guilds("barbarians")/non-guilded players: you can kill them

there are no neutral guilds.

and hyperion are the only allies.

Zerthul Dryadson
01-25-2009, 05:20 PM
At this point yes, but later we will have diplomatic relations with other guilds. For example the King said that we will be neutral with most mercian guilds at the start and those guilds that will be "recognised as nations" will be also neutral to us until war declared.

Alatar Atra
01-25-2009, 05:30 PM
At this point yes, but later we will have diplomatic relations with other guilds. For example the King said that we will be neutral with most mercian guilds at the start.

very true.

Ruyan Livak
01-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Zerthul said it, I've seen a few threads like this and they all end up about the same.

~Ruyan

Komako the Hawk
01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Yes, you can kill our "racial allies."

Erwin Carius
01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes, you can kill our "racial allies."
I prefer to call it "smiting" the lower races.

Sephiroth Benedict
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM

Lol furries. Yes I agree and most say only nations recognized by Wessex are potential allies.

Chant Talidan
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
There is one thing I've wondered about though. What would constitute a formal declaration of war against Wessex and her allies?

The random attack on citizens of wessex or hyperion? Or would it require something more?

Ardwan Ashcroft
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
A formal declaration of war would be that guild using the in-game system to declare war on Wessex.

The way I interpret the laws is, anyone stranger on Wessex soil is effectively KOS.

If you are not in Wessex territory, then I would only KOS enemy races, and known enemies.

No need to kill everyone you see and create new enemies for us.

Chant Talidan
01-25-2009, 09:28 PM
A formal declaration of war would be that guild using the in-game system to declare war on Wessex.

The way I interpret the laws is, anyone stranger on Wessex soil is effectively KOS.

If you are not in Wessex territory, then I would only KOS enemy races, and known enemies.

No need to kill everyone you see and create new enemies for us.

Well, that much I do know. But what action would a potential enemy have to take for it to actually be a declaration of war against us?

Ardwan Ashcroft
01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Intentional and organised attacks on our territory would be enough to warrant our military attention I reckon.