PDA

View Full Version : New trial member

Sephiroth Benedict
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Although I haven't been accepted into beta testing for DarkFall yet, I wanted to be prepared by joining the best guild that exists in the game.

I've become familiar with the guild by the website and forums and to say the least I'm very impressed. I haven't even seen a guild with as much dedication and role playing inspiration as this guild.

My gaming background:

I first played D&D with some friends when I was 12 years old. It was an enjoyable experience living in a fantasy world and participating in events that couldn't transpire in real life. Next came MUDs; I played many of them but only a few were decent enough. My first one was through compuserve and I didn't realize they charged by the hour and it ended up costing my dad $50 so he was a little upset with me.

Other than D&D and MUD's I played UO, and WoW. UO was an epic game and I started playing it when I was 16. I played it for around 3 months before my dad banned me from the game and cancelled my account. I played it around 8-12 hours a day and neglected everything in my life including homework. It was so addicting and fun that I just couldn't pull away.

WoW I played for 2 years. At first I spent my time doing PvE and it was fun for awhile. Then my murderous side wanted to come out. I played in arenas and did world pvp. Arenas was fun I suppose but nothing compared to world pvp. World pvp was where it was at for me. However no one on my server on the horde side really wanted to dedicate all their time into it. So I eventually quit the game.

Thanks again for the opportunity to possibly join the great guild, Duchy of Wessex.

Ardwan Ashcroft
01-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Welcome to Wessex.

Don't be afraid to jump in on any of the threads and join the discussions.

Also jump into our irc channel and vent server - best way to get to know everyone.

Gustaph Calgacus
01-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the forums. :)

Anduin Poros
01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the Duchy!
Outstanding introductory post! Just out of curiousity though, what type of character are you planning on playing as in Agon?

Zerthul Dryadson
01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Heya! Welcome to Wessex!

Could you please consider chossing an other name for darkfall (if you intended to use this ingame)? Sephiroth, like other names of popular/well-knopwn characters are not really suitable. (it could be against Darkfall's name policy aswell)
Anyway, I'm not the one who enforces thing like this, so this is just a suggestion.

Barden Jusik
01-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Welcome to Wessex!

Quinton Emeka
01-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Welcome to the WSX forums, glad to meet ya!:cool:

Brophy Wolfborn
01-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Welcome! Uh, sephiroth:D

Rhygar apGwynn
01-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Greetings and welcome to the Duchy! :)

Sephiroth Benedict
01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Heya! Welcome to Wessex!

Could you please consider chossing an other name for darkfall (if you intended to use this ingame)? Sephiroth, like other names of popular/well-knopwn characters are not really suitable. (it could be against Darkfall's name policy aswell)
Anyway, I'm not the one who enforces thing like this, so this is just a suggestion.

That might be true, I wonder. I wasn't aware but sephiroth I guess happens to be a character name in Final Fantasy? The original meaning of sephiroth comes from sefirot I believe which comes from the kabbalah and it stands for the ten attributes of God. If either of those name conventions are illegal in the Duchy I can change it. Anyone know if beta has a naming convention already in place?

Jacen Olliard
01-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I would think you could probably pass with using Sefirot, just check the naming policy. Oh, and welcome to the Duchy of Wessex.

Sephiroth Benedict
01-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Welcome to Wessex.

Don't be afraid to jump in on any of the threads and join the discussions.

Also jump into our irc channel and vent server - best way to get to know everyone.

Do trial members have access to vent?

Sephiroth Benedict
01-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the Duchy!
Outstanding introductory post! Just out of curiousity though, what type of character are you planning on playing as in Agon?

Thank you! I'll play whatever is needed most in the guild but human or mirdain archer seems fitting for me. I always liked playing ranged in MMOs besides wow where I played a healadin.

Jacen Olliard
01-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Do trial members have access to vent?

Yes, you'll find the information on this thread:

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5123&highlight=Ventrilo

Once you access vent hopefully there will be someone there to register you, until you're registered on the vent channel you won't be able to talk.

Oakk Haddock
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Join the garrison. We're the professional fighting force of Wessex, and we could always use more people. It's the best way to get a promotion to the coolest jobs in Wessex, like Rangers, Assassins, or Knights.

To join, you need to participate in a Drill. I just got news that we're supposed to have a big one this weekend. After that, your obligations would be to drill and patrol Wessex territory. The pros? Less taxes than other villeins, the hottest chicks, and the best views on the battlefield.

Kalizus Zhuge
01-23-2009, 04:22 PM
one of the first people i met on Wessex. Hope both of us get passed the trial and make it into the guild =) best of luck to you sephiroth.

Drake Blackcape
01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
welcome to the duchy ^^

Brendanor Graedanar
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcom!

Your name will probably be taken fast ingame:p

Zerthul Dryadson
01-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Welcom!

Your name will probably be taken fast ingame:p

Actually not, everyone will have a first and a last name and it's enough if the full name is unique (well I'm not 100% sure on this but most likely). So it's quite possible that we will meet full groups of Legolas-es..

Brendanor Graedanar
01-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Actually not, everyone will have a first and a last name and it's enough if the full name is unique (well I'm not 100% sure on this but most likely). So it's quite possible that we will meet full groups of Legolas-es..

:eek:

Dagrik Rathne
01-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Welcome to Wessex.

Katon Urfatt
01-24-2009, 06:44 PM
nice to have ya.

-darkfall gon' be B.A.