PDA

View Full Version : A Proposition From Pirates.

Swashbuckler
01-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I, the leader of the Sarthan Pirates, would like to make you a proposition. We are a band of Mahirim pirates who seek to claim the Sarthan sea and dominate anyone who foolishly enters it. Our proposition is this. We swear allegiance to your clan if you agree to be allies in return. The benefits are endless and while we may not be of your race, I think you'll find us very useful. We are not brutish like the others of our race and have severed our ties with the Orks. We are pirates which means we do not see others for their race, but their affiliation. Our alliance would be one based off of protection and resources. If you offer us protection, you have ours. You and your men will be free from our pirates. This means you can harvest resources on our lands, use our water as a trade route, and anything else on our land and we will not harm you. In addition, we will offer you aid in your wars and also offer you inside information on what your Ork and Mahirim enemies plan to do. This will be easy for us being as we are Mahirim ourselves. In return we expect to be able to use your land the same way we let you use ours and your protection as well.

We can assure you that we'll be a valuable ally.

Theodoric Brionne
01-21-2009, 01:14 AM
I believe my brother said it best, but the Mahirim are not welcome in these lands. I assure you, the enemies of Auros fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Radiant Lord!

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 01:36 AM
I believe my brother said it best, but the Mahirim are not welcome in these lands. I assure you, the enemies of Auros fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Radiant Lord!

Oh boy, touching. Real touching. If you think we fear any one of you then you are mistaken. We are not your common ignorant Mahirim. If anyone here is ignorant, it is you my friend for judging someone but not on their words, but their race. Once again, my proposal is turned down on my race which is pathetic really considering the benefits.

Ruyan Livak
01-21-2009, 01:43 AM
I have no official say in the matter, but having seagoing allies would indeed be useful. I have no quarrel with your race, Mahirim, however, I do not believe his Majesty could be known to associate with pirates. Indeed, I find it distasteful to ally with outlaws when we could simply sweep them aside with our Navy. I am surprised you took the time to speak the language of men, who taught it to you?

~*Insert what ever my name is when you read this*

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 02:01 AM
I have no official say in the matter, but have seagoing allies would indeed be useful. However, I do not believe his Majesty could be known to associate with pirates. Indeed, I find it distasteful to ally with outlaws when we could simply sweep them aside with our Navy. I am surprised you took the time to speak the language of men, who taught it to you?

~*Insert what ever my name is when you read this*

Haha, friend. If it is the image you believe would be tainted, then your priorities are mixed. However, let it be known nearly all the other Mahirim tribes have cast us away and do not accept us anymore. The reason, and the answer to your question is as follows.

I do not recall much at all being as I was barely a newborn, but my village was overrun by Humans much like yourselves as a result of a counter-attack. My people, from what I have been informed, led countless assaults on the attackers who eventually gathered together a formidable offense. It was more than they had hoped for... they wiped out my village completely. Me and a few others were the only left, but I was the only one too young to flee. This is when a human, yes a human, took me in. I grew to know this man as my father. As he tells me, he was only searching the village for any valuables left behind. He was a pirate himself and brought me up as one of his own. From him I learned to only harm those who have provoked it, who must be killed for the greater good, and who are truly evil. Above all, though, he taught me that all man, whether they be idiotic Orks, smelly Mahirim, or over-proud Humans, they are the same. I gained a few Mahirim allies after my fathers passing, but my reluctancy to fight someone based on their race has caused nearly all of the other Mahirim, save a few, and Orks to throw me aside. This is why I turn to you humans. I thought that maybe you could be a good ally in my fight for what is right, but it looks to me that you are just as ignorant as the Orks that threw me aside. I have met a few Mirdain that shared my point of view and even one lone Alfar, but it appears that you cannot accept this.

To this day I live my life hijacking the ships of those who oppose me. My crew is just large enough to get the job done, and we have prevented many cargo ships from passing that may have led to unnececessary war.

If you want, the offer will always be open.

Erwin Carius
01-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Here's a Scooby snack. Now do tricks!

Ruyan Livak
01-21-2009, 02:22 AM
Ahh, a troubled and interesting past you have...
But you did not say why we should ally with you when we could simply destroy you with our Navy. I see how you could benefit from this, you would get the protection/endorsement of the Duchy, and in a way the entire Kingdom of Hyperion. But how do we profit from it? One ship will not be a match for us.

~*Insert name here*

Synius Scrymgeour
01-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Yes, Mahirim what do you have to offer the Duchy? Wessex is the most powerful clan, with a seemingly endless supply of warriors. All of whom will die for our lord King Manus. Do you belive in the teaching of Auros? And if this is a threat you are trying to make, your boats and towns will be burned, your riches taken, and your morale destroyed. If you dare attack this nation you will regret it.

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Ahh, a troubled and interesting past you have...
But you did not say why we should ally with you when we could simply destroy you with our Navy. I see how you could benefit from this, you would get the protection/endorsement of the Duchy, and in a way the entire Kingdom of Hyperion. But how do we profit from it? One ship will not be a match for us.

~*Insert name here*

Hahaha, the naivity. One ship? But sir, you cannot be serious now? I can take a rowboat and get ONE ship simply by hijacking it. Anyway, that is of no concern. I do not seek the "endorsement" just merely a means of protection. The Orks, Alfar, and Mahirim are strong forces, and grow stronger by the day. To think you can handle them all by yourself is a misconception. Your numbers and strength is large, that is apparent, but how do you stand against the whole Mahirim and Ork armies combined? If they see one huge, overpowered entity they will go for it with full force, trust me. And with such a racist attitude, you will certaintly get yourself on the wrong side of the cunning Alfar soon enough. Hah, without me, how will you know when they are going to strike? I can speak the language of the Orks and Mahirim, and they'll be too stupid to know who they're spilling their info to. I mean all Mahirim look alike do they not? Even if they know who I am, I can tell them that I am an ally and double cross them. The benefits I gain from you are mutual, friend, for you will find my information drastically helpful. Not only that, but you can benefit from acts which I am willing to do which you are too noble to do yourself. You point at a ship, I take it. Such things as hijacking ships are above such nobility as yours.. but I'm not noble. I practice practical ethics, none your your feudal nonsense, however I do not judge and any practice you find works for you, and I will not question it.

Aeglos Saeculorum
01-21-2009, 02:53 AM
I, the leader of the Sarthan Pirates, would like to make you a proposition. We are a band of Mahirim pirates who seek to claim the Sarthan sea and dominate anyone who foolishly enters it. Our proposition is this. We swear allegiance to your clan if you agree to be allies in return. The benefits are endless and while we may not be of your race, I think you'll find us very useful. We are not brutish like the others of our race and have severed our ties with the Orks. We are pirates which means we do not see others for their race, but their affiliation. Our alliance would be one based off of protection and resources. If you offer us protection, you have ours. You and your men will be free from our pirates. This means you can harvest resources on our lands, use our water as a trade route, and anything else on our land and we will not harm you. In addition, we will offer you aid in your wars and also offer you inside information on what your Ork and Mahirim enemies plan to do. This will be easy for us being as we are Mahirim ourselves. In return we expect to be able to use your land the same way we let you use ours and your protection as well.

We can assure you that we'll be a valuable ally.

I'd rather die than befriend dogs!

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 02:57 AM
I'd rather die than befriend dogs!

Hmph. Is there no one in this whole forsaken place that has the least bit of an open mind?

Duplicarius Dillingham
01-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Our minds are open, you are the one that hasn't seen the error in your ways of associating with those animals.

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Our minds are open, you are the one that hasn't seen the error in your ways of associating with those animals.

Associating? Oh pardon me for being BORN! I wasn't even raised by them, fool.

Erwin Carius
01-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Hmph. Is there no one in this whole forsaken place that has the least bit of an open mind?
An open mind towards creatures of your ilk is heresy.

Starcius Nanduin
01-21-2009, 03:08 AM

Begone, dog, lest the heirs of the light should be forced to hunt you like houndmasters set to the decimation of their misbehaving pack.

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 03:09 AM
You offer us your protection? are you insinuating we need to rely on filthy Sea-Dogs?

I believe you think yourself more useful than you would prove to be. You call us racist, yet you seem to think because of your race, you would know the plans of all the barbaric races. As you said yourself, you have been cast out. You are in no better place to gain knowledge than us. In fact, this arrangement would benefit you far more than us. You have been cast out from your kind, you have few allies in your lands. You have little to offer. We have far more to lose offering a bunch of pirates protection.

Since you brought up the topic of double-crossing your people. Im sure you would have no problem double-crossing us if it suited your own ends. It was brave to make the demands you have of us, with your small offer in return. You could not offer enough for the use of our lands, as we will have many. You on the other hand, will most likely not. As Kolache said, there is little to stop us sweeping you with our navy. When you actually have something to offer us, come back then. Maybe we will listen. But based on your birthright, you would probably be shot on sight.

Rili Swiftwind
01-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Now now people be civil, Everyone knows i need some new pets to play with.

Theodoric Brionne
01-21-2009, 03:13 AM

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:19 AM
What you are all saying is ludicrous! Should I, a man not even raised by Mahirim, be doomed to eternal ridicule and disrespect? Should I, someone who comes seeking and offering aid, be cast aside merely because I am not one of you? I may look like one of your enemies, but the only thing we share is race. How many times must I repeat myself? I was not raised by them and therefore am not an inhumane beast. I treat others with respect, hell I treated you all with respect with my proposal and what do I get? Shunned. I get shunned because I am Mahirim. You didn't even read what I had to say, you just saw the word "Mahirim" and decided I wasn't worth your time. Do you see what you are saying? If I were to take your advice, I'd have not been born. Is it my fault I am this way? Is it my fault I was born by a Mahirim? Answer me. The obvious answer is no, and if what I took what you said literally I should just kill myself. Your walls are beyond the point of closed! In fact, I believe it impossible for you open them! I understand your hate towards my race, but don't hate the race, hate the individuals. If being a pirate has taught me anything, it's that no matter what race anyone is, everyone can become corrupt and anyone can be evil. I believe I have demonstrated a higher understanding and intelligence than your common Mahirim, but you still cast me aside. And for what? Because I was simply unfortunate enough to be born.

YOU are the animals, you pink-skinned bastards. I expected more of you fiends. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, how can you even believe your Gods accept you if you can't even accept another man? I, personally, have done nothing to you people that deserves such scrutiny.

But I am not like you. IF you wish to turn the other cheek and see my way, I will always, ALWAYS be open, because I am a GOOD man.

Malaclypse Escalus
01-21-2009, 03:20 AM
The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.

Synius Scrymgeour
01-21-2009, 03:21 AM
The holy Bishop has spoken. Dog, maybe if you repent for your sins as this creature you will not have to suffer so much in the pits of fire, of the unbelivers. You may speak our language but do you think you can decieve us beast?

Linelor Trant
01-21-2009, 03:23 AM
How about you just learn real quick not to attack us so we don't have to fuck up your world in 169 different ways?

Einar Tyrssen
01-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Well, the roleplay is extremely gay in this thread so aside from all of that your proposition is highly pompous. I mean, we could just smash the living shit out of your little boats and be done with it, but I propose a new proposition between your merry band of yiffers and Sleggjaholl.:

You don't attack us.
We don't attack you.

That's the best you're probably going to get.

Synius Scrymgeour
01-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Hellz ya! Go Einar!

Valens Bellator
01-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Well, the roleplay is extremely gay in this thread so aside from all of that your proposition is highly pompous. I mean, we could just smash the living shit out of your little boats and be done with it, but I propose a new proposition between your merry band of yiffers and Sleggjaholl.:

You don't attack us.
We don't attack you.

That's the best you're probably going to get.

All I know is if we of Kirdain see another vessel manned by Mahirim, we'll be sinking it. Given that Alphacod is Lord Admiral of Hyperion, I don't believe you can offer even that!

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:26 AM
The holy Bishop has spoken. Dog, maybe if you repent for your sins as this creature you will not have to suffer so much in the pits of fire, of the unbelivers. You may speak our language but do you think you can decieve us beast?

Repent my... race? This is going nowhere, I'll take my matters elsewhere, naive.

Synius Scrymgeour
01-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Yay, im a n-aayy-iee-vee... Rawr:mad:...:confused:

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 03:32 AM
What you are all saying is ludicrous! Should I, a man not even raised by Mahirim, be doomed to eternal ridicule and disrespect? Should I, someone who comes seeking and offering aid, be cast aside merely because I am not one of you? I may look like one of your enemies, but the only thing we share is race. How many times must I repeat myself? I was not raised by them and therefore am not an inhumane beast. I treat others with respect, hell I treated you all with respect with my proposal and what do I get? Shunned. I get shunned because I am Mahirim. You didn't even read what I had to say, you just saw the word "Mahirim" and decided I wasn't worth your time. Do you see what you are saying? If I were to take your advice, I'd have not been born. Is it my fault I am this way? Is it my fault I was born by a Mahirim? Answer me. The obvious answer is no, and if what I took what you said literally I should just kill myself. Your walls are beyond the point of closed! In fact, I believe it impossible for you open them! I understand your hate towards my race, but don't hate the race, hate the individuals. If being a pirate has taught me anything, it's that no matter what race anyone is, everyone can become corrupt and anyone can be evil. I believe I have demonstrated a higher understanding and intelligence than your common Mahirim, but you still cast me aside. And for what? Because I was simply unfortunate enough to be born.

YOU are the animals, you pink-skinned bastards. I expected more of you fiends. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, how can you even believe your Gods accept you if you can't even accept another man? I, personally, have done nothing to you people that deserves such scrutiny.

But I am not like you. IF you wish to turn the other cheek and see my way, I will always, ALWAYS be open, because I am a GOOD man.

Lets see how open you are when your pelt is keeping me warm at night. You are an abomination, eradicating your kind would be doing gods work. I did hear what you had to say, but that doesnt change the fact that you are an abomination. Maybe you should sail out into the ocean and jump overboard. Would be a far quicker death than id grant you on the field of battle, or cowering in your kennel at night.

As for respect, your second reply had little respect. Calling people ignorant and its pathetic to turn you down. You think a lot of yourself obviously. Im surprised you are being afforded the luxury of Einars offer, as the rest of Wessex will kill you where you stand. Take this as your final warning and be gone.

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Lets see how open you are when your pelt is keeping me warm at night. You are an abomination, eradicating your kind would be doing gods work. I did hear what you had to say, but that doesnt change the fact that you are an abomination. Maybe you should sail out into the ocean and jump overboard. Would be a far quicker death than id grant you on the field of battle, or cowering in your kennel at night.

As for respect, your second reply had little respect. Calling people ignorant and its pathetic to turn you down. You think a lot of yourself obviously. Im surprised you are being afforded the luxury of Einars offer, as the rest of Wessex will kill you where you stand. Take this as your final warning and be gone.

Ho he ha ha. Your audience doesn't deserve my respect as I have gained none from you. You are fools and you will see what mistake you are making.

Synius Scrymgeour
01-21-2009, 03:36 AM
Be gone! And i will give thee a squeaky toy! Good day dog!

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 03:36 AM
Ho he ha ha. Your audience doesn't deserve my respect as I have gained none from you. You are fools and you will see what mistake you are making.

Thats fine, as im here all week.

I take it from this statement the offer has now been retracted, as that sounded like a threat to me.

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Thats fine, as im here all week.

I take it from this statement the offer has now been retracted, as that sounded like a threat to me.

The offer is never retracted because, like I said, I am above your simpleton's way of thinking. I wish to speak to your self-proclaimed Duke.

Valens Bellator
01-21-2009, 03:40 AM

We show you respect by not killing you where you stand, as we would most of your brethren! Given that you've now resorted to threatening, I believe it would be prudent on your end to leave here with all due haste!

Starcius Nanduin
01-21-2009, 03:41 AM
I am above your simpleton's way of thinking. I wish to speak to your self-proclaimed Duke.

Are you aware you talked down to one of the two Lords of this realm?

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 03:41 AM
The offer is never retracted because, like I said, I am above your simpleton's way of thinking. I wish to speak to your self-proclaimed Duke.

So how exactly will we see the mistake were making?

The Duke doesnt grant audiences based on you believing you deserve one. You clearly have nothing that interests us. Call us racist. Why would you even want to be allied with us if were so horrible?

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Fine, fine, whatever, I can only tolerate so much Role-Play.

You guys stood your ground pretty decently, so I'll leave in attempts to try to convince another clan.

It was good fun, but it's pretty obvious you aren't going to allow this, although I'll still maintain that having an inside man would be beneficial.

Well, see you later and good luck.

Starcius Nanduin
01-21-2009, 03:45 AM
blesses thread

Theodoric Brionne
01-21-2009, 03:46 AM
((We are not an ARAC clan and Auros religion helps enforce the Human/Dwarf/Mirdain racial alliance we keep in our kingdom. Good luck.))

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Fine, fine, whatever, I can only tolerate so much Role-Play.

You guys stood your ground pretty decently, so I'll leave in attempts to try to convince another clan.

It was good fun, but it's pretty obvious you aren't going to allow this, although I'll still maintain that having an inside man would be beneficial.

Well, see you later and good luck.

OOC: Nice try, best of luck with another clan. Maybe you should just go with an ARAC, that would save you the trouble of trying to RP into a clan that has rules about races.

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:51 AM
OOC: Nice try, best of luck with another clan. Maybe you should just go with an ARAC, that would save you the trouble of trying to RP into a clan that has rules about races.

Nah, most are too weak. You're only the second I've tried, and I'm not trying to get into the clan so to speak, just have an alliance.

Linelor Trant
01-21-2009, 03:53 AM

I think you will see my boot up your ass if you try something.

Buh-bye now.

Valens Bellator
01-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Nah, most are too weak. You're only the second I've tried, and I'm not trying to get into the clan so to speak, just have an alliance.

((Perhaps you should shave your body hair, remove your tail, and rename yourself "John Smith". That should do the trick!))

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 03:58 AM
((Perhaps you should shave your body hair, remove your tail, and rename yourself "John Smith". That should do the trick!))

Eh, I've thought about rolling a Human or Elf instead buuut... that provides less options to, say, double-cross some unsuspecting Orks.

Theodoric Brionne
01-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Eh, I've thought about rolling a Human or Elf instead buuut... that provides less options to, say, double-cross some unsuspecting Orks.

Camouflage is the color of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live - I am proud to die".

Einar Tyrssen
01-21-2009, 04:03 AM
All I know is if we of Kirdain see another vessel manned by Mahirim, we'll be sinking it. Given that Alphacod is Lord Admiral of Hyperion, I don't believe you can offer even that!
I can, actually. Matters of war between Sleggjaholl and anything else is decided by the clan. Since you guys are so hell-bent on lore, we will not be attacking any Mahirim on sight. Orks are our primary target and enemy.

Synius Scrymgeour
01-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Good luck! hope it works out for you:D

Swashbuckler
01-21-2009, 04:07 AM
I can, actually. Matters of war between Sleggjaholl and anything else is decided by the clan. Since you guys are so hell-bent on lore, we will not be attacking any Mahirim on sight. Orks are our primary target and enemy.

So.. is there a way we can still work this out? All I asked for was an alliance and, in all honesty, it doesn't seem that big of a request. I honestly just studied war for this thread. I had to pre-read some shit just to come up with something I could call a post.

But, if you really, really want to go by your lore and whatnot and have to obey your Auros or whatever you called it, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to go.

Einar Tyrssen
01-21-2009, 04:11 AM
So.. is there a way we can still work this out? All I asked for was an alliance and, in all honesty, it doesn't seem that big of a request. I honestly just studied war for this thread. I had to pre-read some shit just to come up with something I could call a post.

But, if you really, really want to go by your lore and whatnot and have to obey your Auros or whatever you called it, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to go.
Here's a hint about my clan: we're pagans. Furthermore we roleplay as Vikings and therefore a different set of lore rules apply. I'm willing to go through with my offer, as we were going to do that anyhow. We don't want or expect support and we most likely won't give it, but we won't try to kill you either unless provoked.

Valens Bellator
01-21-2009, 04:16 AM

Ah, so you were speaking for only Sleggjaholl? Do what you will; I'm no fan of the Orks either!

Einar Tyrssen
01-21-2009, 04:58 AM
Ah, so you were speaking for only Sleggjaholl? Do what you will; I'm no fan of the Orks either!
Clan comes first. I'm in charge of everyone's good time, and I don't intend to disappoint. I don't want my clan being overwhelmed with that celestial dragon, Orks AND Mahirim. D:

Zerthul Dryadson
01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Repent my... race? This is going nowhere, I'll take my matters elsewhere, naive.

Hmm, Dear messenger, would you mind standing next to this deep pit if i may ask? now.. THIS IS WES.. nah just joking :)

ooc: i would like the idea, but it's too much against the guild lore.. even us-elves- are second class citizens here.. can you imagine??

Chrono Veincrusher
01-21-2009, 11:16 AM
So, how exactly will you see who is driving the ship you're about to attack? Will you yell "Hey, what guild are you guys part of?"

Stop with this sillyness! Darkfall is a PvP game and I'll run my axe through every single one you filthy creatures whenever i get the chance. We don't need any help from wet dogs roaming the sea.

Lance Gronuel
01-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Every ship is recognized by her flag.

Brophy Wolfborn
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
*OOC this an RP guild, so any alliances with mahrim would be a no-go*

Be off with ye, scurvy sea dogs!

Alatar Atra
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Its a very bad idea to ask for alligiance like this , as pirates with no kill hisotry , no name for themselves , a touch of arrogance and a barbaric race.

If I see you guys make sure your cannons are loaded and prepare to be boarded, furries.

Dafur Gewissae
01-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I must say that I expected more respect for foreign emissaries from the members of Wessex. Such propositions should be left untainted by the hands of those not designated to handle them. As much as I'd like to hear the opinion of every villein in Wessex on the matter, I can't imagine a professional feudal society using villeins as representatives.

Theodoric Brionne
01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I must say that I expected more respect for foreign emissaries from the members of Wessex. Such propositions should be left untainted by the hands of those not designated to handle them. As much as I'd like to hear the opinion of every villein in Wessex on the matter, I can't imagine a professional feudal society using villeins as representatives.

While foreign emissaries do enjoy our respect, the enemies of mankind deserve only death. I agree to an extent, that all receptions should be left to those designated (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2) to handle them, as per our laws.

Haeso LeGaude
01-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Here's a reply from me personally and not the duchy.

I'm going to enjoy skinning him alive and wearing his fur as a coat.

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 06:50 PM

Thats understandable. But this proposition was basically nailed to a notice board in town rather than a message straight to the people who deal with it. (Pming the duke). A professional feudal society wouldn't have heard the message, it would have been sealed and delivered to whoever was responsible for a descision of this sort.

I feel he was shown a decent amount of respect overall for an enemy race. Especially seeing as the proposition was roleplayed. No one seemed overly rude, just roleplayed their stance. Can he be classed as an emmissary even though we dont acknowledge hostile races/clans as entities?

Spaw Kindred
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
I say we give this, 'Sea-Dog', a chance and speak with someone above the position of a commoner and bias opinion of religion.

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 06:56 PM
I say we give this, 'Sea-Dog', a chance and speak with someone above the position of a commoner and bias opinion of religion.

Didnt we do that already though?

He already talked down to one Lord.

Spaw Kindred
01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
I say we give this, 'Sea-Dog', a chance and speak with someone above the position of a commoner and bias opinions of religion.

All I've seen is responses from Bishops, a Chamberlain, and an Exchequer.

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
All I've seen is responses from Bishops, a Chamberlain, and an Exchequer.

I wasnt considering the church aspect. I was more going based on the rank they hold overall, and not their church affiliation.

Theodric is a member of the Ducal Cabinet, so i take that above his calling in the church. Should we disregard his words based on his Holy duties?

I do feel that he had a fair amount of lords or equivalent respond to him. Church member or not, he still got the attention of some of the ruling bodies of Wessex.

Chrono Veincrusher
01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Dogs or not. This still applies:

All visitors hailing in an official context from another guild or clan on a diplomatic mission must be responded to only by a herald, clerk, or any Cabinet Officer. The dialogue that ensues, whether in character or out of character, shall be limited only to those participants who are appointed government officials of Wessex, and are thus likely to be in the room to receive the visitors.

Haeso LeGaude
01-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Dogs or not. This still applies:

I wasn't aware we were even considering an alliance with Mahirim. If it was from any Human/elf/dwarf we would have left it be, pretty sure most people see this as a joke for many reasons.

Hyu Garona
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I wasn't aware we were even considering an alliance with Mahirim. If it was from any Human/elf/dwarf we would have left it be, pretty sure most people see this as a joke for many reasons.

Go and read the first post. Does it look like a joke to you?

Haeso LeGaude
01-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Go and read the first post. Does it look like a joke to you?

I wasn't aware we were human/mirdain/elf/mahirim, in all seriousness though - pretty sure myself and nearly everyone else who replied sees this as a joke, or at least laughable. Maybe he was serious, but wessex taking it seriously? I don't presume to speak for us or anyone but myself for that matter, and I apologize if I overstepped myself here but I certainly do find it laughable that any Mahirim would come here looking for an alliance considering it would literally be spitting in the face of the lore behind wessex and the feudal system in general. They're considered truly inferior races hardly worth discussing with much less an alliance, not just second class citizens like elves and dwarves but scum of the earth.

Like I said, sorry if I'm mistaken, in which case I won't bring it up again. But that is certainly the way I viewed this.

Hyu Garona
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Perhaps I just have another view on the because I'm not a Wessexian and henceforth I don't have the same roleplay values. I see their offer as plausible and I respect them to have the guts to come to Wessex and offer such a thing. However, I agree on Einar's decision that a mutual truce is a good offer - and the best to be offered.

Even though I admire their guts, it still is a fact that it would be difficult to have an ally of an enemy race simply because noticing each other as allies on a battlefield or a vast sea doesn't come granted, there could be misinterpretations. :/

Also, I don't value hostilities between races if I'm given a reason to not value them, and this is a good example on how to gain small trust from someone.

Barden Jusik
01-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I wasn't aware we were human/mirdain/elf/mahirim, in all seriousness though - pretty sure myself and nearly everyone else who replied sees this as a joke, or at least laughable. Maybe he was serious, but wessex taking it seriously? I don't presume to speak for us or anyone but myself for that matter, and I apologize if I overstepped myself here but I certainly do find it laughable that any Mahirim would come here looking for an alliance considering it would literally be spitting in the face of the lore behind wessex and the feudal system in general. They're considered truly inferior races hardly worth discussing with much less an alliance, not just second class citizens like elves and dwarves but scum of the earth.

Can I refer you to this thread: http://lumensolis.com/showthread.php?t=778

which was very serious. And Just because we are not accepting Mahirim into our clan I can't understand why the possibility of an alliance is unacceptable. People need to learn not to share their opions so freely and understand that they represent Wessex. let a Herald of someone appointed to the task handle these diplomatic issues.

And where do you get off calling dwarves and elves second class citizens?

Evillor LeGaude
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM

which was very serious. And Just because we are not accepting Mahirim into our clan I can't understand why the possibility of an alliance is unacceptable. People need to learn not to share their opions so freely and understand that they represent Wessex. let a Herald of someone appointed to the task handle these diplomatic issues.

In that thread, there are regular members (Colonus) discussing the matter and giving their opinions freely. I fail to see the difference. Maybe such matters should not be discussed in a public place if the public cannot comment.

(OOC: maybe we should consider having a sub forum for these matters. As posting them alongside introduction threads for new members doesnt seem right to me.)

Haeso LeGaude
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM

I've heard about that thread, never bothered to read it fully.

I speak about the lore. Not my own opinion. And an alliance with a collective of Mahirim? That's beyond pushing the lore, that outright shatters it, it flys in the face of all the racial tension. Again I say, there's plenty of racial tension with dwarves/elves already from a lore standpoint, a mahirim? What's next, alfar? Demons?

Dafur Gewissae
01-21-2009, 09:21 PM
This thread is closed; If you wish to discuss the place of Mahirim within our society, or challenge the Cabinet, I suggest you do it far away from His Grace's reception chambers.

Swashbuckler of the Sarthan Pirates, if you have any further diplomatic ventures, I advise that they be presented privately.