PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Formations/Tactics

Salar Homa
01-13-2009, 06:04 AM
I posted this on the dark fall forums and thought we could discuss it in further detail here.

I was reading the Wiki for DFO and it says:

"Combined with a real-time combat system, Darkfall's combat is anticipated to provide a more realistic combat experience than other fantasy MMORPGs. The developers have opined that historically successful battle formations and tactics will be widely adopted and adapted for use in Darkfall. "

Thus begging the question: In your clan will you have a field general for sieges. Will you have a front line of melees supported by archers and mages and flanked by Mounted Infantry.

I was thinking that playing games like Medieval 2:Total War would be a great trainer for a clan field general for planned sieges.

I am of the opinion that these tactics would ultimatly give an advantage, however slight, to your side.

Sorry if this has been brought up but I couldnt find anything in the search, and also for a wall of text...

I play alot of M2TW and thought that maybe I could employ these tactics when it comes siege time.

Your thoughts??

Salar Homa
01-13-2009, 06:06 AM
i think this is in the wrong area I will repost it in a more appropriate place - my apologies...

Senadin Skorzenny
01-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the Duchy and i wish you good luck on your app!

Sen

Quinton Emeka
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Welcome and good luck with your application!

Oakk Haddock
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM
We have formations, ranks, sheriffs, heralds, and leaders with people working under them. We have generals and kings, no queens yet though...Do you look good in a dress?

Formations are going to be a large part of our battles. We drill a couple times a week, we'd be interested in you joining us this Wed or Sat.