Barden Jusik
12-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Nice work Koma! Looks great!

Rili Swiftwind
12-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Indeed a great update :)

Rili Swiftwind
12-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Theres still the question about How will people know you encounterd multiple foes in a mission?

Since a ranger normaly works alone, it will hard to give certifications to people =)

Alexio Corbeille
12-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Please tell me we are not going to be doing this certificate thing. Leave it to the Yew millitia to do their scout badge thing. This is more buracracy than we EVER need.

Common ppl! were's the practicality? Devs said there'd be a kill/death/whatever statistics avalable ingame... we can use that to rate people. This badge thing is just way WAY WAAAYYYY too corny.

Gustaph Calgacus
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
If kills and deaths are recorded ingame, then it would be a simple matter to set up a killboard. You can use that for stats and awards and such.

Proximo Coriolanus
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Alexio

That depends if you like losing or winning 9/10 times.

Rili

Fraps.

Also, we should have certifications for all the Ducal Garrison though not as many as the Rangers. But for anything above footman and bowman once we are ingame of course.

Komako the Hawk
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
It's just a "for fun" thing, Alexio. We won't be basing promotions or anything similar off it--but people who want collect badges are free to.

Kinda like medals, except Ranger-specific.

Sagremor Cleremont
12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Ah, an interesting read!

Chrono Veincrusher
12-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Similar badges will probably be available for the soldiers in our Garrison as well.

Joe Bob
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Thank you. That clears quite a bit up.

Troas Archetto
12-22-2008, 12:52 AM
If you ever need a workhorse *Dr.Cox whistle* Hello!

Lol I'll help if ya need it.

Sofaism Schrute
12-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Very interesting, seems to be a cool/fun position.

Synius Scrymgeour
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Thats awsome, but the ranger will need heavy armor? Also shouldnt the ranger possibly have an apprentice or partner due to if there is a poaching or raiding clan, its not a lvl based so they out number you as one person with out any real tactics, so like 1 ranger vs around 10 poachers/raider?

Rili Swiftwind
12-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Thats awsome, but the ranger will need heavy armor? Also shouldnt the ranger possibly have an apprentice or partner due to if there is a poaching or raiding clan, its not a lvl based so they out number you as one person with out any real tactics, so like 1 ranger vs around 10 poachers/raider?

The main "mission" for a ranger is to do recon. And i believe heavy armor will decrease the mobility of the char.

A "ranger" should be a person that has the "ability" to get away from those 10 poachers/raiders, (hopefully undetected)

Thats what iv got from the posts :;) the ranger should also be über in Melee and range.

Synius Scrymgeour
12-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Awsome Thanks for the insight

Edderick Ironborn
12-26-2008, 06:22 PM
is there a melee equivalent to the ranger?

Synius Scrymgeour
12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
im guessing an assassin?

Darlarian
12-26-2008, 10:39 PM
im guessing an assassin?

As far as I have seen there is no info on the assasins other than they are secret. I think you probably find out more when you are invited in. I was wondering if assasins had to come from the military though. It seems to me that because of their nature that this would be possible.

is there a melee equivalent to the ranger?

I dont think that there really is a "Melee equivelent" to rangers. As far as I can tell Rangers are expected to be skilled in both melee and ranged combat.

Tiberius McTavish
12-28-2008, 03:34 AM
awesome.

I might push towards ranger once I figure out the ingame mechanics.

Being a scout type, constantly on the lookout for infiltrators sounds pretty cool, not to mention the freeman part.

Synius Scrymgeour
12-28-2008, 04:51 AM
Yeah, it would be my dream to be a ranger, an elite force called upon

Brandon Boaz
01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
pretty awesome job to have but I imagine it would be hard to get into that rank.

Anduin Poros
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
As many a future bowman, I too aspire to one day be a ranger. I do, however, have a question. Are freemen who are not rangers, while not "pretending" to be a ranger, allowed to patrol the Duchy, effectively serving the same purpose as a ranger?

Malaclypse Escalus
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I also have a question. Could an assassin, considering that position is secret, but also gives freeman status, be a ranger?

Chrono Veincrusher
01-13-2009, 06:44 AM
As many a future bowman, I too aspire to one day be a ranger. I do, however, have a question. Are freemen who are not rangers, while not "pretending" to be a ranger, allowed to patrol the Duchy, effectively serving the same purpose as a ranger?
What the Freeman does on his own time is up to him. Patrolling the Duchy is alright as long as its to keep it safe from enemies. Rangers also keep people away from resources that ain't theirs to harvest, Friend or foe. But that will be their task alone to do.

I also have a question. Could an assassin, considering that position is secret, but also gives freeman status, be a ranger?
A Assassin could come from any part of the Duchy, do note that by being both a Assassin and a Ranger at the same time takes a lot of time so it is less likely to happen. Although, rangers are probably the most certified people to become one since they excel in combat so they are more likely to get a offer then a bowman of the garrison.

Anduin Poros
01-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Most appreciated. I am glad there is still some hope for me to be able to do what I like best even if I do not succeed in becoming a ranger. :)

Malaclypse Escalus
01-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for answering my question as well. That's exactly what I figured, but I wanted to know if my assumptions were correct.