PDA

View Full Version : Project - Guide to WSX Military

Fenris
06-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Project Leader - Fenris

Outline - "An Understanding Of Wessexian Military" Is an intended guide to display an understanding of every position within Wessex that has a military role, from the garrison to militiamen duties that accompany Villeinhood, and what relation they have towards other ranks and positions. The purpose of this guide is to educate those who haven't done individual study or taken the Yeomans test in a simple but effective matter involving use of visual aids as well as text descriptions.

Project Participants -

Komako
Tagrun
Nira
Dafur

Post in this thread if you wish to participate in this project, and announce what skills you can help with, people who have skills with graphics, .pdf writing, and flowcharts are all appreciated.

Protonix
06-28-2006, 05:00 AM
The basis for your research and writing should be the fireside chats and Komako's military hierarchy chart.

Fenris
06-28-2006, 07:10 AM
It is Proto, I don't need you to tell me that. ;)

Protonix
06-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Not you, the underlings!

Surly von Fishbarrel
06-28-2006, 08:25 AM
I also recommend that we snag Komako and Setles's jpeg charts and put them into the final work.

Tagrun Urit
06-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Was just seeing how I could help, Here ya go a few intros to the guide. And some other things!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/Tagrun/Blah-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/Tagrun/Blah.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/Tagrun/Wessexian.png

Fenris
06-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Well, we have plenty of artists, does anybody want to volunteer to do writing for each rank description? I'm not the wordiest person out there, so plenty of folks could do a much better job i'm sure.

Miles Dei
06-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Nice work, tagrun. Komako's latest spread on the commoners is incredible, and should be the standard for all other rank pages.

In talking to His Grace, we would like this to be part of the portal for sure, but each individual page would be a great "refresher" to be sent to the corresponding members. i.e. - "Friday" announces his intent to be a footman with the Garrison. We send him an email with the page PDF that corresponds to his new rank.

Ah, what an incredible machine!

Komako the Hawk
06-29-2006, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if I could upload my Militiamen page to the site, for others to download and work on themselves, for other positions?

Nira Nathair
06-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, you can. If you click on the paperclip in the top of the advanced post editor, you can attach a file to your post. You can attach images, pdfs, psds, txts, and zips. Some of the max file sizes for those are funky (Fish!), but the .zip max is 10mb so that's the way to go.

Surly von Fishbarrel
06-29-2006, 09:50 PM
What? just use zip, don't make me fix it. I'll add .indd and .psd as 10mb files too, though.

edit - alright, 10mb max on PSD, INDD, JPG, BMP, JPEG, ZIP and PDF files.

test-

Komako the Hawk
06-29-2006, 11:50 PM
What? just use zip, don't make me fix it.

=(

Surly von Fishbarrel
06-30-2006, 12:34 AM
i fixed it, i fixed it! jeesh