PDA

View Full Version : Hello Wessex

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Hello, I just made an application and wanted to say hi to everyone in the Duchy of Wessex!

I applied to the Duchy of Wessex because I loved the structure that you guys had implemented the organization it has. Its amazing that it is all set up even before Darkfall has come out and you guys looked like a fun bunch to play with. Not only that but I wanted to be apart of something rather than just another guild/clan person in a roster. I wanted to have a job and the ability to perform it and help the clan.

I have played many MMORPG's such as SWG, WoW, Everquest 2, Guildwars, and LOTRO and Darkfall is by far the best looking game I have seen so far. I am 17 years old as of right now and going to high school as usual. I live on the eastern coast of the US and I hope there are some fellow people from that area to. I play games in the evenings and during the weekends or when ever I can find the time.

I hope you guys accept me into this wonderful clan so that I can be apart of something great and make some new friends. :)

I cannot wait for Darkfall to come out!

Gustaph Calgacus
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the forums mate. :)

What sort of character are you planning on making, and where do you see yourself within Wessex?

Alandarus Barbatus
12-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Welcome to Wessex Cyclesix.

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Hello Gustaph and Alandarus! :)

As of right now I am planning on playing a dwarf because that's what I always do for some reason. I seem to like them as a race more than any other thing usually. I will probably be melee oriented and craft armor, swords, or jewelery for the clan and sell it to people not within the clan.

Within Wessex I would like to aspire to be a sheriff or something of that sort, or craft for Wessex. However when Darkfall comes out I my perception may change and I may want to help the clan in some other way that best fits my playing style.

Barden Jusik
12-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Good to see another dwarf round these parts. Welcome to Wessex!

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Jusik!
Sweet another person playing a dwarf!

Robert Namo
12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Welcome.

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Hello Robert!

Gustaph Calgacus
12-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Sigh.....too many dwarves. :(

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Lol dwarves are amazing. I cannot deny that I love the swinging of axes and their disconnection from formal society with the over indulgence of alcohol and food. Not to mention the giant beards and the hoarding of riches. However all these descriptions of dwarves are stereotypes but their awesome.

Does anyone know the server situation with DF?
Ask questions I would be more than welcome to answer them! :)

Luitgard Lodewijk
12-02-2008, 01:22 AM
I hope you enjoy it here. Welcome!

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I already am enjoying Wessex! All this material you guys post and so much to read and what not its amazing!

Erwin Carius
12-02-2008, 01:25 AM
A dwarf as Sheriff? I should hope not; such a mind's judgement is too easily clouded by the liquids, and it is also greedy and easily persuaded by the coin.

No, leave the Law in the hands of those deemed most righteous by our Holy Father.

((</superserialRP> But except for that, welcome to Wessex. :P))

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Thank you Erwin!
Lol so true so true.
Does anyone know the server situation with DF and Wessex?
Please ask questions I am more than willing to answer them.

Sagremor Cleremont
12-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Welcome Cyclesix! I myself have just recently applied, and have found this to be a most welcoming and helpful group. The structure is most intriguing! :D

Komako the Hawk
12-02-2008, 02:46 AM
There are no servers because we don't have a client therefore we can't pick one.

Aery Thiralis
12-02-2008, 06:02 AM
There are no servers because we don't have a client therefore we can't pick one.

You nitpick :P

Welcome Cyclesix ! We will most probably play on the European servers at least that has been said all along for a wile now... Enjoy your stay lad.

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-02-2008, 12:30 PM
You nitpick :P

Welcome Cyclesix ! We will most probably play on the European servers at least that has been said all along for a wile now... Enjoy your stay lad.

Aery:Thank you Aery! Already enjoying my stay, Wessex is most welcoming. :)
Sagremor: Yea I love it so far to!
Komako: Hahaha ok.

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
How many towns/cities does Wessex plan on having? How many people are in the clan right now? I'll keep poking around the forums. Love this place so much to read.

Robert Namo
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
How many towns/cities does Wessex plan on having? How many people are in the clan right now? I'll keep poking around the forums. Love this place so much to read.

1: I've heard as many as we can get.

2: http://www.duchyofwessex.org/wiki/index.php/Members (http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/../wiki/index.php/Members)

Graymor Stonebreaker
12-02-2008, 08:51 PM
...I am speechless haha...that is alot of people! :O

Ive heard that the map only supports like 85 or so cities. Is that true or can you add as many cities and castles as you like?