PDA

View Full Version : Hi wessex

Silo Frostmore
11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi, just registered and applied to the guild, i am so looking forward to Darkfall online, i have played a few mmos,like AoC,WoW,War,potbs but none of them gave me wanna play more feeling, i think its not very skill in thoose mmos. Thats one of the reasons i am so looking forward to Darkfall online. Because you have to aim if you are using magic for instance, and i am a fan of fps games to, so fps + mmorpg its just love. I think im gonna go in the healing path, but with some dps spells to. I like to heal and help people. I also like the sea fights, i loved Pirates of the burning sea and Sid Mayers pirates. And the sea fights in Darkfall online seems its going to be epic battles, and i am ready to start as a deckboy "washing" the floor and raise up in the ranks. And do what i can do to be a captain in Ducal Fleet.

I am 17 years, have school at daytime, but nothing else on the evenings, so you can pretty mutch say that i game alot. I come from Europa, so i was wondering if it is many other people from europe here, becase i can`t game when i am at school or sleeping, and it seems like many of you are from USA. So i hope many others players are from Europe so i have somebody to game with and sail on the seven sees with. I have mirc,headset with mic(microphone) but my english aint that good, but i get better english the more i speak, so that is good for my grades at school :P

Why i am signing up at the guild/Community is because i wanna be in something big, take part in huge fights, help the guild on its way to rule the world and it seems like the admins have good controll and no shitkids in the guild, even that it is so many members in it. So i hope that i can be part of this great community and help the guild. And maby i can get some friends to :)

Best regards Silo

Lionel Vane
11-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the Forums. /wave

Alandarus Barbatus
11-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome to Wessex. Best of luck on your application.

Troas Archetto
11-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Yea I can tell you're from Europe, you even have an accent in your typing, lol. It's cool though everyone and anyone is welcome here.

Nice and well constructed speech, we like that stuff here, keep it up though.

Synge Wynne
11-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi Silo,

Don't worry, we've got plenty of Euros here in WSX. I'd say almost half the clan :)

Gustaph Calgacus
12-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Welcome to the forums mate. :)

Robert Namo
12-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Welcome.

Oakk Haddock
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Sagremor Cleremont
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Welcome! I just applied myself-- it's very nice here. :)

Dreign Swift
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forums, Silo. I don't know if I'd say half of us are from Europe, but we certainly have a great deal of diversity here in Wessex. Glad to see you have interest in the Ducal Navy.

Silo Frostmore
12-01-2008, 06:22 PM
ofc i am interested in the navy :D I love the smell of rotten fish and squicky wood from the ship. :D

Raback Kosoris
12-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I think we all do. Dreaming of being a pirate, privateer or some equivalent is on the top ten list of things you must do to become a man.

Silo Frostmore
12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
true that sir, a good english navy captain, ahh the dreams *droolz*

Dreign Swift
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Man, all this interest in the Ducal Navy, and right after it's lower ranks were dissolved and merged into the regular infantry... ><

Troas Archetto
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forums, Silo. I don't know if I'd say half of us are from Europe, but we certainly have a great deal of diversity here in Wessex. Glad to see you have interest in the Ducal Navy.

I'm pretty sure at least 40% of us are Euro, isn't all of distortion or at least most of it Euro?

Warien Illrendar
12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome!

Ulfreik Bebbanburg
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
dammit i wanted to be in the ducal navy,
give us back our navy
we want navy
we want navy

Thunder Stormhammer
02-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Greetings bud

Joe Bob
02-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Give us back our navy? First of all, you're not even in the clan, so you never even had a navy. Second of all, stop butchering the English language if you want your complaints to be noticed. Third, spamming the forums with complaints is not the way to go. PM your superiors and they'll deal with your complaint. Fourth, there are reasons we don't have a navy. In your post, you provided absolutely no reasons why we should have one.

And that post was months old. Don't necro.

EDIT: I also noticed that you have no posts on the Darkfall forums. Could you please explain (from what the public knows) how naval combat works.

Ulfreik Bebbanburg
02-13-2009, 09:13 PM
ships closed on each other for individual combat — that each ship in the line can fire its broadside without fear of hitting a friendly ship. Therefore in any given amount of time more shots can be fired by the entire fleet. Another advantage is that a relative movement of the line in relation to some part of the enemy fleet allows for a systematic concentration of fire on that part. To fend off this possibility the other fleet too can move in a line, two fleets sailing along each other or in opposite tack.

Joe Bob
02-13-2009, 09:40 PM
I meant in Darkfall.

Ulfreik Bebbanburg
02-13-2009, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjFlUa_kJqQ&feature=PlayList&p=90D8C799E16252F5&index=1
watch this :P gd stuff

Zehtuka Fireglore
02-13-2009, 10:10 PM
i am a captain of HMS Indefaticable

Horatio Hornblower was a midshipman on the Frigate HMS Indefatigable.

/blunt mode

- You use the name of a legend and you respond with something copied straight from Wikipedia.
- You wanted to be a captain after you saw "A certain Pirate movie" in the cinema.
- You revived an old thread as an "Esteemed Guest".
- You don't know anything about Naval Combat.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.

Question:

What is better for a pirate?
A Ship of the Line 3rd class or a Frigate?

Ulfreik Bebbanburg
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
well sorry lol, but im not a complete geek, i just want to have fun,

Joe Bob
02-13-2009, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjFlUa_kJqQ&feature=PlayList&p=90D8C799E16252F5&index=1
watch this :P gd stuff
That's not what I mean. I want to know if you know anything about Darkfall naval combat.

Mortred DeGrimm
02-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Welcome to Wessex

Ulfreik Bebbanburg
02-14-2009, 08:11 AM
well it has obviously got to be a frigate because they are faster and more manouverable, but it depends on what type of pirate you are and the caliber of the guns

Tiberius Lexicon
02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
de-de-de-de-derailing! also welcome.

Thunder Stormhammer
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome bud

Quinton Emeka
02-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Greetings and welcome!:cool: