PDA

View Full Version : Hello,

Van Mavus
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone!

I just applied, this certainly looks like a wonderful clan establishment. At any rate I humbly request admittance into your clan :).

Thanks to everyone,
VanMavus

Griffith Whitehawk
11-27-2008, 10:27 AM
nice to meetcha =)

Erwin Carius
11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Hello and welcome to Wessex. Always nice to see another human joining. :)

Dreign Swift
11-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone!

I just applied, this certainly looks like a wonderful clan establishment. At any rate I humbly request admittance into your clan :).

Thanks to everyone,
VanMavus

Welcome to the forums, VanMavus. You're right, it is a wonderful establishment :).

Aery Thiralis
11-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Well met and welcome fella !

Barden Jusik
11-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Welcome to Wessex! What are your aspirations for Darkfall?

Rili Swiftwind
11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Welcome :)

Gustaph Calgacus
11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Welcome. :)

Robert Namo
11-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Welcome.

Van Mavus
11-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to Wessex! What are your aspirations for Darkfall?

I don't think I've ever had a welcome message like this;

Ultimately to be honest I truly haven't thought about it. The Duchy of Wessex seemed (and now I know that is from all these welcomes :)) like a wonderful group and so I thought I'd put my name down. I think I'd like to be a diplomat of some sort for the Duchy.

Alandarus Barbatus
11-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Hello and welcome.

Oakk Haddock
11-28-2008, 02:16 AM
I think I'd like to be a diplomat of some sort for the Duchy.

The answer I look for is "I just want to rip Ork spines from their Ork bodies!"

Welcome

Van Mavus
11-28-2008, 02:37 AM
No doubt you do being the Sheriff :).

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but will we be able to trade with the Orks and stuff?

Oakk Haddock
11-28-2008, 02:48 AM
Enemies are to be treated as such! However, I wouldn't be surprised to find special circumstances amongst Orks or Maharim.

Rhygar apGwynn
11-28-2008, 07:39 AM
No doubt you do being the Sheriff :).

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but will we be able to trade with the Orks and stuff?

If we are not at war with that particular player's clan and you can get him to trade instead of fight I can't see why not. Could be wrong.

There has been a thread or two about this very topic I think.

Van Mavus
11-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Great. I know ultimately the King of the Duchy will make all decisions (either democratically or monarchically) but what kind of decisions can be made by other high ranking officers without the approval (or if there's not enough time to consult the King)? What if the game (like WoW *scoff*) forces a one week wait period before members can be removed or even trade lines can be removed... short of declaring war. I don't know I think the centralized management structure could lead to the downfall of the Duchy.

Van Mavus
11-29-2008, 05:24 AM
My dearest of apologies for a second post although, I've decided I will be joining the IRA (Imperial Republic of Argos) because they only have a one week trial period, that way if I don't like it I can flip into here and undergo my one month trial period (rather then a one month one to find out I hate it xD- not that I think I will). Anyway is their any "foreigner" group on the forum... if so add me to that, I may still call Wessex my home.

Komako the Hawk
11-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Sir Constantine is stealing our members :(

Nenweyen
11-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Heh, he's a friend of one of our members. And we convinced us with our psychic abilities to join us.

Komako the Hawk
11-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Heh, he's a friend of one of our members. And we convinced us with our psychic abilities to join us.

Your signature was ungodly tall, so I shrunk it.

Dreign Swift
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM

Nice signature.

Oh, he's a friend of one of your members? That would definitely be a better reason than

because they only have a one week trial period, that way if I don't like it I can flip into here and undergo my one month trial period (rather then a one month one to find out I hate it

What dedication and single-mindedness... :rolleyes:

Troas Archetto
11-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't think I've ever had a welcome message like this;

Ultimately to be honest I truly haven't thought about it. The Duchy of Wessex seemed (and now I know that is from all these welcomes :)) like a wonderful group and so I thought I'd put my name down. I think I'd like to be a diplomat of some sort for the Duchy.

Ah well yes, we do need plenty more of those. Infact I think we hardly have any "true" diplomats. I suppose heralds could presume the role of them in the absence of actual ones.

Van Mavus
11-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Well I would but I'm no longer a member of the Duchy :P.

Dreign that's not what I meant.

Nenweyen
11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Ah well yes, we do need plenty more of those. Infact I think we hardly have any "true" diplomats. I suppose heralds could presume the role of them in the absence of actual ones.

You're kidding, right? Heralds are the true diplomats. They are prized to any guild as they do everything ceremonial for nobles as well as do the guild's diplomacy.

With heralds, there is really no need for a singular diplomat role. There wouldn't be enough work for them to do as diplomacy is not constantly needed. Most heralds are trained thoroughly in diplomacy and state. We have many heralds in hyperion doing diplomatic missions right now, such as the new guilds that just joined hyperion. You also aren't really taking into consideration the fact that this is pre-game. There is not a major need for diplomacy at the moment, therefor there is not a lot for heralds to do.

Nice signature.

Do i sense sarcasm XD?

Troas Archetto
11-29-2008, 09:24 PM
O I didn't know that Driegn...

Dreign Swift
11-29-2008, 10:28 PM
O I didn't know that Driegn...

Did you mean Nenweyen?

Do i sense sarcasm XD?

No, I was serious.

Troas Archetto
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
oopse yea. must've scrolled down a little fast..