PDA

View Full Version : Well Met!

Kalmaar
11-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey guys, I registered a day or two ago and thought I would tell you a little bit more about me. I am Kalmaar. I am a 20 yr old college student from Colorado. I found you guys on the Darkfall clan forums and immediatley was drawn to your organization. I have a pretty long history in MMO's and your clan is by far one of the most put together I have seen.

A little bit of my history through games. I've spent most of my time in EQ1, Vanguard, and EVE Online. In EQ1 I used to play on the Sullon Zek server for the goodies, can't recall the name of the guild it was so long ago. I also spent a good amount of time on the Sartok server of Vanguard playing with the Sundered Guard, an anti-RPK RP guild. Now I find my play time in EVE Online, as it has the most meaningful PVP available in any game out there.

I've always been somewhat of a mild roleplayer and enjoy it from time to time to light up the game atmosphere. Never been much of a guy for magic, usually opting for the heavy armor/weapon classes in games.

All in all I look forward to fighting with you guys in Darkfall, sometime quite soon hopefully.

Robert Namo
11-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Rhygar apGwynn
11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Greetings.

Dreign Swift
11-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey guys, I registered a day or two ago and thought I would tell you a little bit more about me. I am Kalmaar. I am a 20 yr old college student from Colorado. I found you guys on the Darkfall clan forums and immediatley was drawn to your organization. I have a pretty long history in MMO's and your clan is by far one of the most put together I have seen.

A little bit of my history through games. I've spent most of my time in EQ1, Vanguard, and EVE Online. In EQ1 I used to play on the Sullon Zek server for the goodies, can't recall the name of the guild it was so long ago. I also spent a good amount of time on the Sartok server of Vanguard playing with the Sundered Guard, an anti-RPK RP guild. Now I find my play time in EVE Online, as it has the most meaningful PVP available in any game out there.

I've always been somewhat of a mild roleplayer and enjoy it from time to time to light up the game atmosphere. Never been much of a guy for magic, usually opting for the heavy armor/weapon classes in games.

All in all I look forward to fighting with you guys in Darkfall, sometime quite soon hopefully.

A fan of meaningful PvP, good to have you :). I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll be picking up some magic once we're in game though.

Welcome to the forums, Kalmaar.

Rili Swiftwind
11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Welcome :)

Enjoy your stay and get on irc where all the cool people are! :)

Aery Thiralis
11-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey Kalmaar, enjoy your stay.

ps: Like your nickname, where's it from or came up with it yourself ?

Gustaph Calgacus
11-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome to Wessex mate. :)

Barden Jusik
11-27-2008, 04:48 PM
hey, welcome to Wessex!

Alandarus Barbatus
11-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Greetings, Welcome to the Duchy.

Lionel Vane
11-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Welcome to Wessex, the instant I read your name I thought you were a Swede ... :) Too bad ;-)

Best Regards.
-Sir Lionel

p.s: "Kalmar" is a City in Sweden.

Decimus Kalgar
11-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Welcome to Wessex mate.

Oakk Haddock
11-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Kalmaar, where in Colorado?

What hardware are you going to be gaming with?

Kalmaar
11-28-2008, 02:39 AM
To reply to some of the questions:

Kalmaar is just a name I came up with back when I first started played EQ1 and have used it ever since. I had someone in WoW message me one day asking me about my name and he told me that Kalmaar means "trader" in archaic Hungarian. Fun little fact I guess.

I live in Durango, Colorado but am in Denver, CO for the majority of the year cause that's where I go to school.

And I won't be playing Darkfall on anything too spectacular. Just my laptop, but I ran Vanguard pretty flawlessly on it, so I'm not too woried.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Oakk Haddock
11-28-2008, 02:46 AM
I just moved from Boulder to LA today, on Thanksgiving. Enjoy the weather you lucky bastard!

Kalmaar
11-28-2008, 05:16 AM
I just moved from Boulder to LA today, on Thanksgiving. Enjoy the weather you lucky bastard!

I hope the reason from moving from Boulder to LA was one of life or death, cause I can think of no other reason for doing that. And I'm back in Durango for the holidays and it's been dumping snow all day. It's been quite the Thanksgiving for sure.