PDA

View Full Version : Greetings friends.

Dankus Cleall
11-26-2008, 05:12 AM
Greetings all.

I just registered and applied to the clan. I am very much looking forward to playing DFO. I've played many MMO including SWG, AC II, WoW, AoC, currently WAR, but none more dear to me than DAoC. I played on Midgard Percival and my stay there was awesome. I really have never found my home since leaving Dark Age and I hope to find that hear in Dark Fall in this clan.

I am 31 and I work full-time in the dental industry setting up computer networks. I have a wife and two kids so my play time is after the family is fast asleep. :) I usually play from around 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. pacific time, give or take an hour or two.

I have been searching for an MMO/community for years now and I hope to make DFO my long time residence. I hope to be a part of a clan where I find as much fulfillment in giving of my services as I do adventuring and exploring a vast and mysterious world. I hope to take part in defending my lands while I build up my estate. Most of all, I hope to meet friends and have a great time. I very much look forward to meeting and adventuring with you all.

Robert Namo
11-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Gustaph Calgacus
11-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome to Wessex. :)

Nice introduction post, but what role do you see yourself ocupying within Wessex? What style of play do you favour?

Dankus Cleall
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the warm greetings.

Gustaph, as far as the role I see myself occupying, I guess that is more summed up in my style of play.

With DAoC being the roots of my MMO career, I very much enjoy PvP. I take pride in defending my lands and boasting about our victories over our enemies.

Also, I absolutely love to explore as much as I can. I like to wander off on my own admiring the world around me and I love a good hard fought adventure with friends. In short, I love to fight and defend and I love to explore.

The role in see myself in Wessex I think will be determined mostly by the time of day I can log in, which is, like I mentioned above, usually around 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. pacific time. I can make special arrangements to log in other times but that will be rare. I love to group and help people with quests so I guess with all that being said, I'm sort of a utility guy. :)

Alandarus Barbatus
11-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Welcome to Wessex Dankus.

Oakk Haddock
11-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Good to have more late night people, Welcome.

Dreign Swift
11-28-2008, 03:12 AM
I have been searching for an MMO/community for years now and I hope to make DFO my long time residence. I hope to be a part of a clan where I find as much fulfillment in giving of my services as I do adventuring and exploring a vast and mysterious world. I hope to take part in defending my lands while I build up my estate. Most of all, I hope to meet friends and have a great time. I very much look forward to meeting and adventuring with you all.

Well hello there, Dankus!

It sounds like you're the kind of experienced and mature gamer we're looking for just as much as I'm sure we're the right kind of community in the right kind of game which you're looking for. I do hope you end up considering us your long-term residence (possibly even your kids will end up joining us as your in-game family as well? :p).

Welcome to Wessex, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

(I'm assuming you're an American because you mentioned Pacific time :))

Dankus Cleall
11-28-2008, 05:10 AM
(I'm assuming you're an American because you mentioned Pacific time :))

That I am. I live in Idaho, Northwest corner of the continent. :) Since you're from such a large state, I figured I'd help you locate us...<cough>

Rhygar apGwynn
11-28-2008, 07:42 AM
That I am. I live in Idaho, Northwest corner of the continent. :) Since you're from such a large state, I figured I'd help you locate us...<cough>

lol... this must be some local US joke? Inter-state banter?

Dankus Cleall
11-28-2008, 08:05 AM
lol... this must be some local US joke? Inter-state banter?

Well, being that one could fit about 2 Idaho's in Texas and that they are so far south of us, I did not want to assume they knew we even existed. :)

Just playing, but if you were from South Carolina, than I know you would be clueless -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Dreign Swift
11-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, being that one could fit about 2 Idaho's in Texas and that they are so far south of us, I did not want to assume they knew we even existed. :)

Just playing, but if you were from South Carolina, than I know you would be clueless -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

lol, don't play it off, I know you were suggesting that people from Texas are stupid. That's okay though, because I'm from Oregon, so we're neighbors.

Besides, Austin is the least Texas you can get in Texas. In fact, there are great portions of other states that are more "Texas" than Austin is :).

Oh, and nice rip of SC, lol, that video can never get old. Every time I view it I sit astonished for a short time afterwards.

Dankus Cleall
11-28-2008, 02:41 PM
lol, don't play it off, I know you were suggesting that people from Texas are stupid. That's okay though, because I'm from Oregon, so we're neighbors.

Haha, no I really was not suggesting that. People from Idaho don't get the privilege of suggesting anybody is stupid.