PDA

View Full Version : Hey Folks

Olcan deBurgh
11-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey Wessex, I just applied so I thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm a male, 23 years of age, from New Zealand and have been playing MMO's for 3 years now. So far I've been through WoW, lotro and most recently AoC. While I enjoyed these games at the time I'm thouroughly sick of the current mmo model and am looking for something different and more involving gameplay wise, rather than endless grind for the sake of it.

I suppose I'd describe my playstyle as PvP focused with an RP orientation.
I'm more comfortable generally to be in a supporting role, taking orders and focusing on despatching my enemy quickly. But if there is an obvious leadership gap that needs to be filled in the field I don't hesitate to step up.
I'm not much for diplomacy in general, prefering to conduct it at the end of a sword. Though I will of course respect any alliances or non-aggression pacts Wessex holds.

I want to be part of an organized, cohesive and active guild that will not fizzle out! Wessex sounds fantastic and the care and thought that has gone into this guild is evident.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. :)

Aery Thiralis
11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Welcome lad !

You seem like a fine applicant. Good luck and enjoy your stay !

Cheers, Aery Thiralis.

Carnifex Bilius
11-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Greetings and welcome to Wessex.

I have some questions for you, to get to know you a little better.

You said you like to (RP)PVP, how do you think you are going to accomplish that in DFO, could you tell us a bit more about your RP/PVP style ?

What role are you considering to have in Wessex, a footman, or will you join the church for example ? What are your aspirations within this clan ?

Olcan deBurgh
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Greetings and welcome to Wessex.

I have some questions for you, to get to know you a little better.

You said you like to (RP)PVP, how do you think you are going to accomplish that in DFO, could you tell us a bit more about your RP/PVP style ?

What role are you considering to have in Wessex, a footman, or will you join the church for example ? What are your aspirations within this clan ?

I guess I'd consider myself more of a spontaneous RPer as oppsed to a tavern story teller type. I like to pvp and prefer it to have an rp reason. I remain in character in "say" chat, and enjoy RP events aswell.

Footman, my aspirations are simply to aid the clan in anyway I'm able, and to be a part of a large coordinated effort. I wouldn't consider gaining a leadership position beyond a "squad" leader, or the equivilant.

Trucido Ieyasu
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Barden Jusik
11-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey welcome to Wessex!

Robert Namo
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Welcome.

Lionel Vane
11-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the Wessex Forums (:

Rili Swiftwind
11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

Alandarus Barbatus
11-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Welcome.

Vasidius Kalgar
11-24-2008, 01:55 AM
The Australiasian community here is growing soo fast! Welcome to Wessex mate, you will find a fair amount of your Aussie neighbours here as well as some fellow Kiwi's.

What servers did you play WoW and AoC on?

Olcan deBurgh
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
The Australiasian community here is growing soo fast! Welcome to Wessex mate, you will find a fair amount of your Aussie neighbours here as well as some fellow Kiwi's.

What servers did you play WoW and AoC on?

Cheers bro! -insert sheep shagging joke here-

I played on Lightninghoof during my first WoW stint, Ravenwing? I think during my second (resubbed to try out the expansion). Never got past 50 on either though, the game just bored me to tears. I played on the ever drama full Cimmeria server in Age of Conan, in the Snowhawk Clan.

Gustaph Calgacus
11-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forums mate. :)

Luitgard Lodewijk
11-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Welcome!

Vasidius Kalgar
11-25-2008, 04:28 AM
I played on Lightninghoof during my first WoW stint, Ravenwing? I think during my second (resubbed to try out the expansion). Never got past 50 on either though, the game just bored me to tears. I played on the ever drama full Cimmeria server in Age of Conan, in the Snowhawk Clan.

I was on Jubei'thos for WoW all my life and Cimmeria also for AoC. I remember seeing Snowhawk Clan around, i was playing with Republic of the Silver Sun. I was thinking about subscribing again, i keep getting all these wall of text e-mails saying that they have dropped major patches.

Was leveling hardcore and got to level 50 in under 20hrs, then did some exploring and realised how bad the game was, Cimmeria was fun though, RSS was KoS with Massacre and Murderherd so it was a constant battle.

Decimus Kalgar
11-25-2008, 06:52 AM
A kiwi.... *glare*

Haha welcome to wessex mate, as an aussie i look forward to getting to know you in darkfall.

Mathias Kalgar
11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
As an aussie i look forward to getting to know you in darkfall.

Lol, i don't! I still can't get over you guys beating us in the league..wtf.

Olcan deBurgh
11-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Ah, looks like I've been rejected due to not enough detail in my application. Bugger. I may re-apply again closer to release, though I'll still be lurking about the forums in the mean time. Was nice to meet you all!

Lol, i don't! I still can't get over you guys beating us in the league..wtf.

Hah, I know! What the hell happened there! We never win league.