PDA

View Full Version : Hail!

Jonas Lodewijk
11-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Hello all!

My name is Jonas! *rocks out to Weezer song playing in the background*

Thank you for inviting me into this awesome player community! I'd just like to say how very impressed I am with the organization and enthusiasm apparent in this initiative. I am so psyched that I have the chance to be a part of it.

To begin, I'd have to call myself an MMORPG dabbler. I've wet my toes in a huge array of various MMOs spanning from Ultima Online to EVE. There are a few I've truly immersed myself in (Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft... you know, the heroine addictions of MMOs. lol) and, truth be told, am completely and utterly sick of the grind. Sure, I really enjoy combat and pvp but even to do those moderately well became a tedious business.

Which is why I am SO ready for Darkfall and the skill-based system it entails. I've played other skill based games but usually started way behind the general player level (I didn't try Ultima Online until about a year and a half ago) and had practically no player community support to help me flourish as a productive member.

In real life I'm 23 years old with a partial Secondary English Education degree. Hopefully that will hem itself up in the next year or so. I have a passion for literature but absolutely hate grammar. Alas, they go hand in hand...what a tragedy!

Anyway, enough boring rl stuff. My goal as a productive member of this community is mainly to be an active an competent part of the military. Eventually I'd like to lead a contingent of other players. I feel I'm a fairly good tactician and an even better leader. I suppose whatever beneficial traits I own will reveal themselves when the time comes. Actions speak louder than words so why not use a sword as a mediator?

Okay, I've rambled enough! Again, thank you for allowing me this amazing chance to be a part of your community. I look forward to hearing from all of you and getting your feedback about how I can better benefit the Duchy.

Most gratefully yours,
Ryan Henderson (rl)
Jonas Lodewijk (character name)

Aery Thiralis
11-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Hey there guys.

One thing that I got a question aboot:

You 3 seem to be Brits, but chose a Dutch form of a family name ? How come ?

Enjoy your stay (Y)

Rhygar apGwynn
11-18-2008, 08:21 AM
You 3 seem to be Brits, but chose a Dutch form of a family name ? How come ?

Because Dutch names just sound so cool... :)

Especially ones like Kakhuis en Gruisbaard.

(Don't actually know if that is true... my dad told me he knew guys with those surnames in Amsterdam years ago. He could have been having me on.):D

Aery Thiralis
11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Because Dutch names just sound so cool... :)

Especially ones like Kakhuis en Gruisbaard.

(Don't actually know if that is true... my dad told me he knew guys with those surnames in Amsterdam years ago. He could have been having me on.):D

Hehe those are valid names Rhygar but not names you would see occasionally these days, they're pretty awkward.

A bit freely translated they're:

Kakhuis = Shithouse
Gruisbaard = Muds(spelling, is that a good word in english?)beard

Jozua Lodewijk
11-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Rofl :)

We're actually Americans!
The Duch name was chosen for fun and to give us an interesting culture to draw upon for our still unwritten backstory. It means roughly 'famous warrior' which a couple of us have aspirations of becoming.

I'm content to chop down trees and dig holes though. xD

- Jozua

Luitgard Lodewijk
11-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah well I am glad that I did not pick "Kakhuis" as a name lol. I have to say that it was Jozua who came up with "Lodewijk". After him telling me what it meant I thought it was a perfect name for three brothers. Since I am one of the ones who has the aspiration for being a soldier "famous warrior" just sounded like a good fit. I just hope that I can live up to the name.

-Luitgard

Jonas Lodewijk
11-18-2008, 05:25 PM
LOL! Thanks for the warm welcomes. Although I have to say I'm not so sure it's a good thing that my name inspires thoughts of crap houses or poopy beards. Ah well...

If it were up to me, I'd have named us someting awesome like "Mortis" or "Lords of Flaming Poodle Ninjas" but they had their hears set on Lodewijk (Pronounced Lewd-vik from what I hear). And so, being the awesome, humble and gracious friend that I am, agreed.

At first, I wasn't too fond of the name but it has grown on me since. It has a nice medevil, cleave your skull in twine, ring to it. :)

Anyway, thanks again for the greetings. I'm looking forward to playing with you all.

Jozua Lodewijk
11-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Rofl..

I think Jonas' true ambition is to become the Court Jester.
God know's he looks the part!

xD

freakd
11-18-2008, 07:22 PM
maybe, maybe not :)

Barden Jusik
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Hello there, welcome to Wessex. On a more serious note where do you see yourself in the duchy? What is it that you plan on doing to help the clan out?

Alandarus Barbatus
11-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Hello and Welcome.

Proximo Coriolanus
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Aaaaaarrrrrrr!

If our drill server was up you 3 could start drilling... But ye can't.

Jonas Lodewijk
11-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Hello Jusik, Alandarus and Michael! Thanks for saying hi.

Jusik, in response to your question, I will probably benefit the guild most with my involvement within the military. I plan to start out as a common foot soldier and eventually work my way through the ranks. I have great aspirations to become a cavalier. My long term goal is to accomplish knight someday. I realize that it will take a lot of effort which I am willing to put forth. I've been reading through the drill manuals and am really excited to begin. Yes, Michael, if only the drill servers were up! Is there any way to know when those go live?

Needless to say, I will be keeping a watchful eye as well as continue studying the various aspects of Wessex to better understand where I might be of most benefit to the Duchy. I'd love to hear more from you guys. Thank you for the responses thus far and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me in the form of questions and comments (more likely the former). Thank you for the patience shown to us trial guys. I'm sure it takes a lot to deal with the ignorant. :)

Hope to see you on irc sometime!

Tarscanian Sothenic
11-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Welcome and well met!

Robert Namo
11-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Welcome.

Aery Thiralis
11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry but you Americans can't pronounce Lodewijk correctly haha ;)

It's Loo-The-Weik or something, you guys will pronounce the last part of it wrong always so it doesn't really matter.

Cool choice of name though, Dutch = insta-awesomness of course ;)

Good to have you aboard !

Jonas Lodewijk
11-20-2008, 04:36 AM
you'll just have to show us how its done on vent sometime ;) Thanks Aery.

Einar Tyrssen
11-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Fuck I need to start posting that recruitment thread again.

Elias Agricolas
11-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Needless to say, I will be keeping a watchful eye as well as continue studying the various aspects of Wessex to better understand where I might be of most benefit to the Duchy. I'd love to hear more from you guys.

Aye, but thee be good peasant stock. Thee doesn't want to be a-racing about getting thy gizzards sliced uppe.

I'm content to chop down trees and dig holes though. xD

- Jozua

Aye, ye with yer fancy last names an' yer posh ax and spade.

We used t' long for a spade.

When I were a ladde we'd plough a mile a day with our teeth, fer a shilling a week an' be glad of it.

Robert Namo
11-20-2008, 05:05 AM
I saw that you three all had the same last name. Would you guys like to have your last names on the forums? I'm sure someone can arrange that if you guys would like.

Dreign Swift
11-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Welcome, brothers!

Jozua Lodewijk
11-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I saw that you three all had the same last name. Would you guys like to have your last names on the forums? I'm sure someone can arrange that if you guys would like.

That'd be great actually!

Luitgard Lodewijk
11-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I agree. Thanks!