PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

Daril Gukku
11-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Daril here, I'm a new trial member (well duh).

I first heard about Darkfall back in 2005, but it seemed like one of those too good to be true, never gonna come out types. Well one of my friends bookmarked the site, and when we realized that it was going to come out I decided to get involved and find a clan.

Right now I'm only working off of my family's main computer so my options are pretty limited, but I should have a new laptop by late December/early January. Until then I'll just get to know everyone and learn more about Darkfall :)

I'm glad to have a chance to be part of Wessex.

Kymic Chapman
11-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the Duchy!

Any Idea what kind of Notebook you're looking to buy?

Alandarus Barbatus
11-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Welcome to Wessex.

Robert Namo
11-14-2008, 03:16 AM
Welcome, does your friend also plan to join a clan?;)

Daril Gukku
11-14-2008, 03:32 AM
Welcome to the Duchy!

Any Idea what kind of Notebook you're looking to buy?

I'm trying to decide between a XPS M1530, or a Studio 17. My problem is that this has to be a school laptop, not just for gaming, and I need it rather quickly for my next semester classes. If anyone can help me pick from one of these, or knows a good laptop in the $400-1000 range I'd be grateful.

And no, sadly my friend doesn't want to join.

Robert Namo
11-14-2008, 03:35 AM
I'm trying to decide between a XPS M1530, or a Studio 17. My problem is that this has to be a school laptop, not just for gaming, and I need it rather quickly for my next semester classes. If anyone can help me pick from one of these, or knows a good laptop in the $400-1000 range I'd be grateful.

I say go with the gaming laptop cause its almost basically like a student laptop but with a better graphics card.

Oakk Haddock
11-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Yeah, gaming laptop. Gaming is the most hardware intensive thing you can do. If it can handle gaming, it can handle anything your teacher throws at it.

Daril Gukku
11-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the advice, I was kind of leaning towards the M1530, but price range and sheer pretty kept the Studio in the running :P

Daril Gukku
11-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the advice, I was kind of leaning towards the M1530, but price range and sheer pretty kept the Studio in the running for a while :P

Oakk Haddock
11-15-2008, 02:33 AM
I hear you on price range, I'd be up to my elbows in Alienware PCs if money wasn't an issue.

Theres good news though. Darkfall's Devs say they created a game that does more with less hardware.

Daril Gukku
11-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Hahaha yeah, sometimes when I go laptop hunting I just look at all the nice gaming computers I can't afford.

I'm so glad Darkfall's release coincides with my needing a new laptop so I don't feel guilty about shelling out money for a new one just so I can play a game.