PDA

View Full Version : Thast Aye mighte humbly beseech Thy Grace

Elias Agricolas
11-12-2008, 03:33 AM
It being That I, Elias, being thee grandsire of Eiius Agricolas,. Merchant of Mercia, as was, being most humble and reverently obsequious to thy Greate and Noble Seat, throws Himself upon the mercy of the most Hygh and most Generouse Majestie of the Duke of Wessex.

It being that I, Elias Agricolas, being brung lowe by Circumstances Most Vile and impecunious, begs of his most Gracious Duke a morsel and a shade of straw, therefore shalt aye offer my meagre fealty, and thee strength off my back and thee sweate of my brow.

As t'where that mine fideles are unemcumbered by prior oath and aye am in no wise beholden to any other, I, Elias Argicolas, Manne of Mercia, do give unto thee all that aye am and all that aye maye be, for thine greater glory and honour.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thee Goode Friar Herberth doth scribe these words, being from the lips of One Elias Agricolas, knowne to mee as a manne of good oaths, and clean.

Manus Dei
11-12-2008, 03:43 AM
We are pleased that such an one as you, well disposed and faithful, does approach us in such manner. With a mind for charity and goodwill, as it pleaseth Auros to instill within our hearts, we thank thee for thine attentions to the proper manner and form of one seeking villeinage, noting that we are impressed with the pains taken. Know then that our answer to thee runs thus: We respond to thee with acceptance, and shall do all that a lord ought in the care and warding of a villein.

Elias Agricolas
11-12-2008, 04:45 AM
My Lord doth grace this, his poor villein with his August Notice. He is overwhelmed by thy beneficence and grovelles most abjectly.

Thy villein begs his friar to include an most abasing plea for a 'noggin of ale' that this scriviner is compelled to append, though, sufferinge thy Graces Will, shouldst perchance remain unread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thee Goode Friar Herberth scribeth thus

Aery Thiralis
11-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Oh no !

Welcome ?

And I take you're going to be a farmer, hence the Agricolas last name ?

Jaidyn Sothenic
11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the community :)

Elias Agricolas
11-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Agricolas is, in fact, a proud name of some heritage in past role-playing expeditions past so I used it as a login name on the DarkFall Forums. It sounded a bit too upmarket for this superannuated urchin, Elias but he has, at least a blood line to be admire (if one overlooks the very minor incident involving weapons trading with a certain race with a besmirched reputation.)

However, this son of the soil knows not how to walk straight without a hoe between his hands and he feels the value of a nice cosy cowshed 'pon a chill winters night. Hes straight as a die and twice as narrow and hes never stole nuthink an' if you ses 'e did yu're a rotten cur!

Dreign Swift
11-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Greetings, son of the soil. I must say, you have to be the most content serf I've ever seen! I think he may deserve an award for that.

Gustaph Calgacus
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome to Wessex mate. :)

Proximo Coriolanus
11-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex, our military will assure you have rich soil to live upon.

Robert Namo
11-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Welcome and Well Met.

Geoffrey Numbers
11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Non-standardized spelling rules. Welcome to Wessex!

I remember from when I was reading Chaucer, he spelled "wife" two different ways in as many pages.

Alandarus Barbatus
11-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Greetings and welcome.