PDA

View Full Version : Greetings My Country Men

Tarscanian Sothenic
11-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi All,

Was told about your Duchy by two friends whom i now believe are full members.

I would love the chance to roleplay and game alongside your extensive active members.

I have been roleplaying for the past 20 years pnp, and have online gamed for the past 10 years, including a variety of mmorg`s.

I also have a great intrested in the era that the Duchy would appear to be from. Being a avid Reader of Bernard Cromwells books i feel i can relate to the feudal system your guild appears to represent.

With that in mind i hope to see you all in person in game.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis
(It`s not for me, It`s not for you, It`s for everyone)

Alandarus Barbatus
11-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the Duchy. What are your aspirations in the Duchy of Wessex? What type of MMO's have you played previously?

Royko Sothenic
11-10-2008, 09:03 AM
About time scout!
Me and Jade are not yet full members, but are on trial!

Welcome welcome!

Tarscanian Sothenic
11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
My aspiration is to become a Knight in the end. I wish to be a foot soldier firstly and aspire to make a name for myself gaining the land required to become a fully fledged Knight.

previous mmo`s include

ultima online
neverwinter nights
starwars galaxies
wow
ddo
age of conan

Carnifex Bilius
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
My aspiration is to become a Knight in the end. I wish to be a foot soldier firstly and aspire to make a name for myself gaining the land required to become a fully fledged Knight.

previous mmo`s include

ultima online
neverwinter nights
starwars galaxies
wow
ddo
age of conan

Welcome to Wessex !

(By the way, NWN isn't an MMO, it's an RPG.)

Theodoric Brionne
11-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Welcome to Wessex !

(By the way, NWN isn't an MMO, it's an RPG.)

MMO's are a RPG. But I think you could classify it as one, depending on what you did with the game. I played on a 64 person PW (Persistent World) with full PvP, full Loot, Permadeath for 2 years and had a blast leveling up and scared shitless that going into certain zones/areas at level 40 could mean the end of my character. Not to mention all the evil-aligned guilds/groups engaging us in towns, wilderness, etc... epic RP and battles.

By the way, welcome to Wessex.

Sempiternam
11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Welcome to Wessex =)

I wish you the best of luck in making it into the Duchy!

Synge Wynne
11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
MMO's are a RPG.

No they are not, there's plenty of MMOs that aren't RPGs :)

Gustaph Calgacus
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Welcome to Wessex. :)

Theodoric Brionne
11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
No they are not, there's plenty of MMOs that aren't RPGs :)

Full length title of genre, MMORPG. Just cause you going to leave out half the name, do we need to discuss this in a off-topic thread? I rather not derail his reception thread.

Myrddin Ambrosius
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
MMO's are a RPG. But I think you could classify it as one, depending on what you did with the game. I played on a 64 person PW (Persistent World) with full PvP, full Loot, Permadeath for 2 years and had a blast leveling up and scared shitless that going into certain zones/areas at level 40 could mean the end of my character. Not to mention all the evil-aligned guilds/groups engaging us in towns, wilderness, etc... epic RP and battles.

By the way, welcome to Wessex.

that sounds like an uber version of a DnD campain lol with 64 people....i would love to join a PW with some friends...but what game is best for that now? i cant think of an RPG on NWN lvl that uses d20 rules...we are currently playing just the 5 of us some Baldurs Gate I & II along with 3 of us running through Icewind Dale I&II :)

Theodoric Brionne
11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
that sounds like an uber version of a DnD campain lol with 64 people....i would love to join a PW with some friends...but what game is best for that now? i cant think of an RPG on NWN lvl that uses d20 rules...we are currently playing just the 5 of us some Baldurs Gate I & II along with 3 of us running through Icewind Dale I&II :)

Yep, had pretty much Silver Marches, Baldur's Gate, Amn, Waterdeep, Underdark, Tethyr... and some smaller towns. Pirate Isles. Good times in Faerun/Forgotten Realms. They had a system in place for getting epic weapons by tokens turned into DMs, but my paladin never got Excalibur and its sheath. Such a awesome sword in-game, did crazy divine damage. So many fond memories and sad deaths.

Myrddin Ambrosius
11-10-2008, 02:29 PM
any new FR RPG coming out? if so we should find a PW i would be up for that in a heart beat...and i know a few people that would be too!

Robert Namo
11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Welcome.

Jaidyn Sothenic
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Welcome mate. Got to say that this chap will be one of the best roleplayers you will ever meet.
Have gamed with him online for 10 + years and also roleplayed with PnP for 20 years.

Welcome to the comminty mate :)

Modeerf Dalorth
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Welcome! ^^

Oakk Haddock
11-11-2008, 02:22 AM
You guys should be a family, since you appear to know eachother well. Theres several benefits to doing so.

Welcome to the Duchy. If you need anything, ask.

Andien von Lowestadt
11-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Welcome to Wessex!

Coran
11-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Welcome good sir

Jaidyn Sothenic
11-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Whats good about being a family? :)

Royko Sothenic
11-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Jade you could be my dad and Scout could be my mum :D