PDA

View Full Version : RESCINDED - Fealty Agreement of Ipswich

Vasidius Kalgar
11-10-2008, 04:29 AM
By the divine power of Auros, I, Vasidius Kalgar, Squire of his Royal Highness, Miles Aeneas Dei, stand before you, within these sacred cathedral walls, do hereby swear fealty and homage to His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex, forever will i protect and uphold the integrity of Wessex and its peoples.

To all who bear witness, let them realize the severity of my intent, that I, Vasidius Kalgar, Squire to his Royal Highness, Miles Aeneas Dei, swear to act as a testament to all that bear the Duchy's crest and draw steel in the name of His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex. I give my life to defending the virtue of our Crown, Carta Solis and our Common Law, these have my full bodied protection until my death or until my services are no longer required.

In return for my Fealty and Homage, His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex, has graciously granted me a fief of land along with 15 villeins of my own merit, from this day forth we shall be known as "Kaizen". In all things in which a vassal is required to be faithful to his lord, we will create a new level of expectation. We will defend thee, and all your successors, in all matters of life and limb and of earthly honor against all mortal men; never will I bear arms against His Grace, his heirs or subjects so help me Auros.

In accordance with our agreement, I must provide an amount of resources to be determined at a later date, from my own estate and pocket, to His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex, as well as no less than five Men at arms and five footman for battle under His Grace's command.

From this hour, my loyalty to His Grace, Duke Manus of Wessex will reach no bounds, placing high regard to your standing, and the members of your body, in good faith and without deception. I will act as a guardian to the territory and subjects within Wessex's entire boundaries and not once stopping to come to its aid.

Vasidius takes a knee, bowing his head before him. He raises it and make eye contact and says,

I become your liege man.

Vasidius Kalgar
11-13-2008, 08:05 AM
To assume the rank of knight within your own clan is a true privilege and one not to be taken lightly. This privilege requires you to present yourself respectfully and maturely, as a knight should be the manifestation of what Hyperion is and the pinnacle of excellence that it is able to create. A knights actions and the reputation that you earn will be a reflection on not only your own clan but His Royal Majesty Manus, King of Hyperion and the vast majority of his subjects.

To properly represent oneself as a knight of the Hyperion Kingdom one should take with him the three watchwords of a knight; Auros, honor and courtesy wherever he goes. The code of chivalry is the base ideals of a knight and ones to which we devote our life to, living through these we will become an elite group of players to which other members of Hyperion will look up to not just because of our deeds but also for our demeanor. Although knights should always seek the 'right' path, unencumbered by bias or personal interest, we still need to be ruthless to ensure that we are feared and respected throughout Agon as a force to be reckoned with, for our honor is of utmost importance as we will gladly lay down our lives rather than have His Majesty’s and our own names disgraced.

As knights of Hyperion we must be consumed by our duties, loyalty and the willingness to shed blood and have our own shed for the greater purpose. For a knight combat will be almost an everyday occurrence, being gentry trained in the arts of war, horseback and arms a knight should with the aid of ones own garrison defend himself and his domain against minor threats without assistance from others. The common folk, who generally cannot defend themselves against an invading force will look to knights for refuge and protection, we must be a beacon of hope as we implement our defences for they’re sake, we do this because we are duty-bound to defend our King’s people and his land until death.

Towards all subjects of our Hyperion Kingdom and in general, we must as knights lead the charge and lead by example, through our presence we should represent ourselves as a quality source of knowledge and leadership. Individuals under a knight’s command should have absolute confidence in his decision making no matter what the situation, keeping his men focused and creating a level headed environment to maximize effort and production is ones aim. A knight cannot cast aside his responsibilities and the many requirements of managing the fief granted to him, he needs to monopolize his land and supply superior management to his villeins and military, for these are the fundamentals of becoming a successful knight and we as knights of Hyperion must excel in them. There are mighty individuals who attempt to live up to the ideal of becoming a chivalric knight, but those who are successful become legend and their deeds recounted for years to come.

We must set ourselves as individuals, exceedingly high standards in all matters of service to crown, country and its people. Not for our own demeanor and ambitions but as a role model to others, for we are leaders, and our etiquette and military prowess will be used as inspiration by our surrounding members. Not just how we present ourselves in times of peace and renaissance, but our prestige on the battlefield, these are all imperative in setting positive examples. In medieval times a knight’s reputation and stories of individual heroism and bravery would precede them into battle, a knight would alight the courage in his cavalry unit with an inspiring speech and then lead a fearless wedged charge into the fray with himself at the head. This is the heroism that we as knights need to immerse into gameplay in order to inspire our men and conquer our foes.

When a knight of Hyperion and his units approach a battlefield he must assess, take control and lead from the front with decisive and intelligent decision making. Engaging in melee combat is where a knight’s fighting skill should shine and when the men under his command will draw the most valor and composure from his presence. No doubt that tactics and organisation are an integral part of leading your unit, but your own fighting skill and how many enemies you defeat will give you the representation as a skilled leader but also the image of a fearless one, which to your troops has positive effects on moral, zeal and discipline. We as knights of Hyperion should represent ourselves in this manner and focus on earning adulation from our peers and creating a reputation of invincibility and respect throughout Agon.

Manus Dei
11-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Kneel then, Vasidius Kalgar.

The king strikes down hard on each of the squire's shoulders with the flat of a blade.

In the name of Auros, Argentina, and Saint Germaine, I give you the power to bear arms and to mete justice. Take you these spurs as the noble badge of your office, and rise Sir Vasidius Kalgar, Knight of Kaizen.